“One night was not enough”
Review of Avalon

Avalon
Ranked #3 of 405 Restaurants in Nerja
Price range: US$12 - US$59
Cuisines: Contemporary, International
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Spanish and English chefs at El Avalon pride themselves in providing modern European food that is influenced by their extensive travels in North Africa and South East Asia. Service at El Avalon is professional and relaxed. We have a fantastic terrace with stunning views, and a cosy restaurant with an open fireplace for Wintertime.
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our 2nd trip to Punta Lara and our first experience of El Avalon
After reading the other reviews I knew this would be great...
My wife and I were not disappointed - so much so we dined there twice during our week
Ambiance,views, service and food to die for.
From the first greeting to the last goodbye we could not fault it
Many thanks Kevin, Alix and the staff

1  Thank simonandjoontour

Reviewed 23 June 2014

Called in at lunchtime to see the lay of the land and have a coffee (the restaurant had been recommended to us).
Perused the menu during coffee and was tempted to try a mixed tapas lunch plate with beef and a bottle of wine.
This was so good and such good value for money, we booked Sunday lunch - not traditional English although they do have beef, pork etc available.
We were once again delighted with everything - the food was excellent, the service just right and friendly, and the value perfect - and the wine wasn't bad either!!
If we had been staying longer in Nerja, we would have visited them again - and that's a GOOD recommendation.

3  Thank BrianofLondon
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Having had this restaurant recommended to me I was rather disappointed. The food was just Ok - not at all exciting. Actually, I prefer my own cooking! I like to be inspired by a restaurant meal and surprised by the flavours and this was really quite ordinary. I don't even remember what I had now! A great meal is never forgotten. The view however from the terrace is wonderful looking across at the mountains with the picturesque village of Frigiliana in the distance and the coast on the other side. I wouldn't rush back.

1  Thank Heather W
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We have been coming to Nerja for almost 20 years & this is our first visit, just wish we had heard of this place sooner. Great views, fab food & good service. Not cheap in Nerja terms but so worth every penny!

1  Thank MaggieDublin
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Chef Kevin never disappoints
The views from the terrace are delightful as are the staff headed by Alix Kevin's wife
Always a pleasure eating in this lovely place
Don't forget to leave room for the puds!!!!!

1  Thank Ruth K