“Excellent bar/restaurant combination”

Bar Esquina Paulina
Ranked #21 of 405 Restaurants in Nerja
Cuisines: Spanish
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Esquina Paulina Bar International Andaluz touch International Bar with an Andalusian flavour Since 1995 Since 1995 Good wines by the glass Good Spanish Wines by the glass A large selection of domestic beers and international Large selection of National and International Beers All food freshly made All food freshly prepared to order Music Spanish Spanish music Closed for winter from half of november till half of februari.
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Esquina Paulina is about a warm welcome, a relaxed atmosphere and simple, but great tapas. The menu is only 1 small page, which is surprisingly small compared to most tapas restaurants. Yet they make up for this in great quality of produce. The ham is sliced as you order, you can even watch it from your seat! The sangria has been quoted as being "one of the best in Nerja". If you happend to be in Nerja, check it out!

3  Thank Spectator999

Reviewed 11 October 2011

We visited Esquina Paulina three evenings on the run on our recent holiday in Nerja. After a hectic day on the beach we found sitting at one of the outside tables enjoying fabulous tapas and high quality Spanish wines whilst watching the world go by, the perfect way to end the day. Service is very friendly, food fantastic and some of the best Spanish wine we have found; the 'Vina Izadi Crianza-Rioja' is one of the most drinkable Rioja's I have ever tasted. This is a Restaurant/Bar not to be missed on a visit to Nerja.

6  Thank ronax57
Reviewed 21 September 2011

This little bar is my favourite place to drink a glass of cold white wine when I come to Nerja. It's situated in a little turn in the narrow road with a leafy front. In the day it looks like nothing, but at night the bar overflows with a crowd of customers. My husband and I visit this bar at least once when we're here for a visit... usually several times.

6  Thank joniayn
Reviewed 10 July 2011

As a regular Nerja tourist and creature of habit I always have my evening pre - dinner drinks at "Paulinas" and always enjoy the fine wines, beers and cava on offer.
The cheese and Ham platters are also a must, they are excellent.
The hosts are as "Cool" and relaxed as ever and this year we were surprised by a local nerja gentleman who was weaving a basket from grasses he picks daily from the campo.
He was excellent and just sat outside Paulina's whilst he weaved a basket in front of us as we watched in amazement.
He is most definitely a national treasure and it was just wonderful to watch a craftsman at work, "A dying Breed no doubt".
I have attached a photograph of this skilled basket weaver and I even bought the basket he made in front of my eyes for 10 euros. He only wanted 5 euros but after witnessing the making of this fine piece of craft 10 euros was a worthy price to pay. ( The basket now in the UK full of lemons).

10  Thank watchstrap
Reviewed 16 May 2011

In the corner of one of the ancient streets in the centre of the Andalucian village , Nerja, situated at the Costa del Sol, friendly Dutch owners, mixed audience: Spanish, English, Dutch, German, Scandinavian, great Spanish background music, special atmosphere, fresh tastefull tapas, good wine. We loved it

14  Thank juanfalcone