“Another great stay!!!”

Hotel Balcon de Europa
Ranked #5 of 37 Hotels in Nerja
“Another great stay!!!”
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Just stayed at this fantastic hotel for a fifth time. Great staff, great room, good food and just about the best in Nerja. There are just too many great staff to name them all and picking a few will not do the others justice so I will only say they are all fantastic. Well done to all and see you all soon! My one and only criticism is the main lift which really needs a refurbish quickly.

Room Tip: Face the sea as the paseo at the front can be busy till late.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Philthompson27

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (459)
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I'm staying at this hotel at the moment this is my 3rd day . Perfect location . Very clean . Nice private beach . But service is Terrible you have to wait about half an hour for them to take your order at lunch and dinner plus finding a waiter for a drink is just a no go . The fact they are so slow and you have to wait forever to be served has put me off. If you don't mind that then defiantly stay here.

• Stayed July 2014
5 Thank Cjw86
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Couldnt have a better location in Nerja - it's practically got its own beach; its right next to the impressive balcony for beautiful evening views; and then its got the hustle and bustle of Nerja to the rear.

Paid for a standard room for 3 nights and was expecting a room overlooking a wall or something (which I was perfectly prepared for) only to draw back the curtains on arrival and be blown away by a balcony looking out over the Mediterranean. The balcony was a great bonus but I wouldn't worry too much a bout it, we used it for an hour or two at most. The room was very nice and had definitely been recently spruced up with a very nice finish. There is a free safe (winds me up when you have to pay) and free wifi and complementary beach towels. You have to pay for sun beds but its still cheaper than buying your own chairs/parasol etc and at least it largely stops people just putting towels down and not using them for most of the day. Nice cooked/continental buffet breakfast with the omelet/pancake station proving particularly popular. For dinner (lunch) we'd just nip up into the town and grab a sandwich/pizza before returning to the beach. Sea was freezing whilst we were there (July) which was surprising but other people said it wasnt always like that - maybe it was the currents or something - but it was really nice to cool down in after the 30 degree sunshine.

We had a hire car and parked it in the municipal underground car park near the hotel for the 3 days. If you want anything more than 24 hours in the car park you have to drive in and then see the man in the booth who can offer tourist passes (3 days €40, 7 days €65 from memory). We just left the hire car there for 3 nights but the man said we could use the ticket on the barrier to come and go as we please.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Chris809
Chester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I have just returned from another fantastic holiday in the once sleepy little fishing village known as Nerja. I stayed at the Balcon de europa hotel half board and noticed it has had a revamp in several areas. The hotel has a new style of management but still holds its charm and excellent staff as always. The main terrace has new furniture which is extreemly comfortable and a great place to sit with friends. There is now free wifi in all areas for those technophobes amongst us.
The food was of a high standard and during the extensive buffet night the hotels pianist played good old fashioned music which takes you straight back to the spain of the 70's it was excellent.
The hotel and staff offered me another problem free experience that I cannot beat and continue to return to year after year to continue living my spanish dream.

Room Tip: All rooms with a balcony are great for people watching or sea views to die for.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank watchstrap
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and have just returned after a 7 day hol. The position of the hotel is perfect right in the centre of town. The staff from management to the domestics were excellent and always smiling and seemed to enjoy whatever their job, the food and service at both breakfast and dinner were good, the small pool and sun terrace did not bother us as we are out and about most days. Now for the "but" room choice is important on what you expect, the majority of standard rooms have no balcony and your view is wall but you still get a good nights sleep

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank united31
Pickering, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Had an 11 night stay at this hotel, last 2 weeks of June. The hotel is lovely, the staff very friendly and helpful, Juan "the man" was ever so helpful, helping us when we decided to upgrade to a junior suite for the last 5 days of our stay, the views from our balcony were spectacular! Nerja is quaint but unfortunately not very wheelchair friendly which limited our stay a little, next time I will have a mobility scooter so we can move around more.

I suppose the funny part was a woman complaining in the room below that I was "walking" up and down the bedroom all night in my clippy cloppy high heeled shoes, believe me I would have loved to do that, but it wasn't me, would have liked the person on reception at the time to have checked to see who was in our room before complaining to us!

We had a standard room to start with, when we booked I was able to walk better than I can now, so weren't too bothered about a balcony, but the bar at the other side of the alleyway is noisy especially Friday, Saturday nights and there was a festival on the beach Sunday and Monday and they use this alleyway to get to the beach, so it was loud, she probably couldn't sleep for that noise and maybe wanted a different room and just complained, don't know. But back to the hotel, the room was decorated really nice, not huge but okay.

The breakfasts are fantastic, omelettes, pancakes and the usual bacon and eggs. The dinners at night were okay but the menus could do with tweeking, the soups are lovely, freshly made and not from a packet. Was nice to sit at a table and have table service, the buffet nights were good too, and the restaurant staff were all friendly and helpful.

Would we go back YES most certainly, but will sort some wheels out.

Also must not forget, the hotel arranged a wheelchair for me when I emailed them about my problems, free of charge, for my use. Nothing is too much for them and would recommend this hotel to anyone, we had a super time there.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lovvy
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 2 July 2014

we expected a special view, because of the name Balkon de Europa. You can see this kind of views everywhere in Spain along the coastline. Nerja is beautifull but don't go to Nerja for a very special view.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family