Al-Andalus Hotel
Priceline
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsnerja cavescold meatsearly hours of the morningbus stopcosta del solroom was clean and comfortabletea and coffeelovely little hotelbalcon de europatown centreyogurtmalaga airportmotorwaymarofridgeeurosspain
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 February 2014

We attended a wedding here and really enjoyed our stay at this hotel the food and drinks was very nice and the staff was very polite and friendly the hotel was clean and tidy the weather was a bonus with lovely sunshine we would definitely stay at this hotel again although you do need a car to get around as there is nothing near by but if you want rest and relaxation with excellent food and drinks then this little hotel is perfect .

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Marie J
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This was a second visit and this time I stayed for two nights to do some walking in the nearby Natural Park. I arrived at 10 pm in the evening but was still in time for a good dinner, which I'd booked in advance for 9 euros. The following day I walked up Pico del Cielo and then came back to the hotel for a couple of beers and another good dinner. The next day I walked out to Frigiliana. My room was clean and comfortable and the breakfast too was good. The two receptionists I dealt with were both friendly and spoke excellent English.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 30 January 2014

I had to fly to Nerja to attend a meeting at this hotel and it was very convenient to stay there too. My wife and I stayed two days and both attended the meeting. The size and space of the meeting rooms is very good, as was the dinner which some 30 of us enjoyed.
The bedrooms are basic but adequate though cold in January. No full length mirror. The beds were on the hard side but comfortable. The bathroom had no exterior window and condensation quickly covered the mirror. The towels were Soviet era and the shower curtain wrapped itself around you. But the price was very realistic.
Parking is easy in a large car park and the hotel is just a few minutes off the main motorway from Malaga to Almeria. The world-renowned Cuevas de Nerja are close enough to walk to and the resort of Nerja itself is but a five minute drive away..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 November 2013

I stayed at this Hotel on my own for one week bed and breakfast.
on my late arrival around midnight because Deal of the day holidays messed up my transfers so had to make my own way from airport.
on arrival was met by a non English speaking man with similar characteristics as Manwell, I was then put on the phone to Blessing the duty manager who was helpful and pleasant so I could then proceed to my room.
I was gagging for a drink as was a long day, however nothing available or offered so resorted to drinking tap water, big mistake which I paid for over coming days.
My room was average and dated, the tv that I tried to turn on did not seem to work until the following day when they gave me a remote control.
My headboard rattled as was not fixed to bed so I had to shove a cushion between that and the wall.
My fridge (ironically made by THOR sounded like a flock of pigeons).
Breakfast was a roll or donught or fruit that even the flies didn't want, or sliced ham/cheese.
Lucy on the bar was friendly and helpful with good English.
The piped music that is on a 12 hour cycle was terrible, reminding me of "One flew over the cuckoos nest".
Food was not really offered or advertised as available.
More like a hospice than a holiday destination.
Nice views from balcony of the sea which was miles away and the neighbouring goats bleeting throughout the day.
And the flies were never ending here, will not be returning and could not wait to get home.

Room Tip: Try a different hotel like Marinas De Nerja on the beach.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Bullettooth2008
Reviewed 15 November 2013

I used to come to this hotel with my family when I was a teenager and I am happy to say that when I went back this year I was not disappointed.
The hotel is situated out of the town centre up by the caves. It is easily accessible by bus or if you are feeling energetic it is a 30 minute walk or so.

The breakfast is to die for!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family