“Check this out”

Casa Jardin
Ranked #26 of 32 Nerja B&B and Inns
“Check this out”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2013

Casa Jardin is a lovely hotel run by a delightful couple who are originally from the UK. The staff were polite, helpful and nothing was too much trouble. We were booked room only. We were not encouraged to eat in, but to be honest; there are so many wonderful places to eat within 4 or 5 minute walk this wasn't an issue.
A couple of little niggles worth mentioning.
The free WI advertised was almost none existent during our 10 day stay and was only fixed the day before our departure; hopefully this will be functioning fine now.
Another niggle, for me was the bed. The mattress was very firm and not very comfortable for my old bones, I am used to sleeping on memory foam mattress, but for anyone requiring a firm mattress it is ideal.
The advertise swimming pool was a disappointment, not come up to my expectations. Small in size, was no problem, but the water wasn’t cleaned and it looked like the birds had used it as a toilet.
No tumbler in the bathroom I thought was rather strange, but on request one was cheerfully provided.
Finally, no trash bin, apart from a tiny pedal bin in the bathroom. So when I made a cup of tea I had to trail a used teabag to the bathroom.
On the whole a lovely stay, if a little pricey. I feel would have been better to have breakfast thrown in for the cost, this would have made it good value for money...

Room Tip: If the WI isn't working a 5 minute walk onto the Balcon will sort you out. Most cafes have free...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

Just returned from a short stay at Casa Jardin. This is a great boutique hotel right in centre of Nerja with everything at your finger tips. A peaceful atmosphere which allows you to relax and enjoy the sunshine. staff are friendly and obliging.
The rooms are tastefully decorated and very comfortable. Worth a stay.
K & D Ireland

Room Tip: Room 1 is great as it has a large terrace.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank kar f
Tipperary, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2013

we got married in nerja in april this year. my wife stayed in this hotel the night before the wedding and both of us stayed there the night of and the night after the wedding. I collected the keys from the hotel. i was asked for a passport but i didnt have it on me so they took a copy of my drivers licence and gave me the keys. later that night my wife brought her bags etc.. to the hotel. her 2 sisters were staying with her, they were her 2 bridesmaids. sometime before midnight, the owner of the hotel called to the room and she was demanding passports from my wife and her 2 sisters. she was giving out because they were staying there. one of the sisters left. the booking was for 2 people so one sister stayed. i was in another hotel, my wife rang me and told me that passports were needed. she was told that she could not stay there if she did not give the passports. she said the owner was extremely rude to her.. what a time to look for passports and try and kick someone out of a hotel, nearly midnight...the owner knew it was the night before the wedding. i went to the hotel i was staying in and got the passports. by the time i got back, the owner of the hotel had the guardia civil called and they were at the hotel. my wife was very upset the night before her wedding.. none of the policemen spoke english. i could not communicate with them. i hadnt a clue what the owner of the hotel was telling the police and everytime she spoke to me she spoke to me in spanish knowing i dont speak spanish. it was as if she was trying to get me angry in front of the police. she said that she told me 3 times that she wanted a passport even though i only had met her once. this was when i picked up the keys - she showed me around then and i thought she was really nice but i saw a different side to her. she should not have given me the keys in the first place if having the passport was so important.

all in all we were very impressed with the hotel, we stayed in the master suite room 3. it was great. the owner did not handle the situation the night before the wedding properly. to call the police was uncalled for. we did not feel like guests in the hotel, we felt that we were more of an inconvenience. the owner didnt appear to want business. as a guest i felt as we werent needed in the hotel. my wife was extremely upset the night before the wedding. a friend of mine who is fluent in spanish came along and spoke with the policemen and interpreted my side of the story. they said everything was ok and they didnt see a problem. it was an overreaction on the owners behalf. it wasnt the time or the place to go looking for passports. my advice is dont give out the keys unless a passport is produced. we were very unhappy with the whole ordeal. i dont think this would have happened in any other hotel in nerja. we were made feel like criminals.

Room Tip: the hotel has only 6 rooms. room 3 is the best. but personally i will never return to this hotel
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank irish c

Travellers are raving about these Nerja hotels

Malaga
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

We had visited Nerja earlier in the year and returned with another family member. We chose this hotel because it was in the centre and looks divine.
We recieved a call to say if we arrived while the receptionist had gone to lunch, please phone. We did and we did, the phone was not answered and we stood on the steps with luggage like itinerants. Eventually the receptionist called us back and then arrived within a few minutes.
The receptionist was charming, this could not be said of the manageress who was graceless and sullen.
On enquiring what time breakfast was served we were very curtly informed there was none, as we had not pre-ordered on our arrival, however nor were we informed when booking that we need to be clairvoyant!
The bedrooms are very nearly charming, though the sound of water running in pipes all the time in rooms 1 & 2 is annoying and the beds are rock hard. The balcony to room 1 is knock out, but without warning the lights are switched off at about 11.30 pm I guess the staff thought it was our bed time, shame.

This really could be THE best boutique hotel with just a little upgrade BUT the management of it is sadly lacking to the point where we could not recommend it. The hotel was empty which I guess says it all.

Room Tip: Rooms one and two are large, number one has a fabulous balcony, but if you have in mind sitting unde...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Kathy B
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

We are staying at this hotel now and I should say that this place is wonderful. The room is big, nicely decorated and very clean, worth a true 4 star rating. Bathroom and towels are very clean too. 2 little balconies overlooking the pedestrian street, though it is lovely to watch the crowd from time to time. Despite our room looked on the lively pedestrian street it was quiet at night. Air-conditioning worked perfectly well and it was also the quietest air-con I ever heard. Great location, so you can easily get to the beach or to wonder around the pretty little town with great choice of restaurants. Hotel has a lovely rooftop terrace with small swimming pool. Terrace is overlooking the sea and the town! So we found it to be a good alternative to the beach. We did not visit a restaurant yet, so I cannot comment on food. There were some bad review referring to the small rooms, so I'd like to clarify. Room number 5 is the only small room at the hotel, but it also comes at a cheaper price compare to others, so you can choose to enjoy the lovely hotel amenities and the location and pay less. The manager is lovely and very welcoming. We switched to this hotel from another place as we didn't like the location and cleanliness which was btw highly rated on both trip adviser and booking. We even paid 4 days of stay as a cancellation policy in the place we've booked just to move to casa Jardin. So if you are looking for a well finished clean not old little hotel casa Jardin would be a great choice. Nerja is small and located on hills, so we found its beneficiary to stay centrally especially when sun is hiding behind the cloud, so like today.

Haywards Heath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2012

We have visited the Casa Jardin for meals only, on a number of ocassions over a few years. We were never fully impressed with the food, but each time we returned we hoped for better. Unfortunately it never happened. This last visit was our worst ever. It is such a beautiful Hotel and the gardens are simply divine. In this respect it has so muh to offer they ought to have had customers queuing up. Instead we arrived at our pre-booked time of 8-30 (Sept 1st) . to an almost empty place. The only customers were in the beautiful garden area and the inside restaraunts were lcompletely devoid of life. We were vaguely aware of two waiters, but no one came to see us for at least the first 10/ 15 minutes. A large table of a family of about ten made the place feel a bit more welcoming.
When the waiter did come he barely acknowledged us.It all felt so soulless. The other waiter was warmer and so saved the day, a little.

The food arrived with the same amount of attention lacking. And here we found about the worst food we have ever had. My husband ordered quite an expensive meal of lamb. It was tough and overcooked. I ordered vegetable lasagne. There was not a scrap of evidence that what I was served was vegetable lasagne. The meal came in what looked like a large soup bowl full of slop, with a cherry tomato placed in the middle. . The food it contained was more like what we used to know as "invalid food", which was specially cooked for persons recovering from ill health, who were unable to chew their food., and so be easy on their digestion. It was quite appaling. There was not a scrap of pasta to be found in this dish. The vegetables were so overcooked, it looked as though they had been pureed. We both left much of our meal and yet not one of the waiters seemed the least bit concerned, on our behalf. . We decided against desserts or coffee and the (surly all night ) waiter brought us (on the house) what they used to reffer to as "complimentary champgne", now one expects is Cava. Again with his lack in even basic good manners, he placed the glasses on the table. They were barely half full.

The chef ,in what is a high class place such as this , who has no reservations about sending out such a disastrous meal, is without a doubt, in the wrong job. For the management to be overlooking such flaws does not, indeed, bode well.

In todays straitened times, our holidays are a God send. Our money too is hard come by, due to global uncertanties. So to have this kind of treatment at any restaurant would be unacceptable. But to find at a place such as the Casa Jardin, is offensive and totally unacceptabe.

Room Tip: We like a room with a decent view. Also not too close to noisy late night eateries and clubs.
3 Thank Carol J
Stamford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012

What a lovely little oasis in the middle of all the bustle of Nerja.
The outside terrace is beautiful, situated in a pretty garden with lights in the trees and fountains.
Service was attentive, food was lovely- perfectly cooked and delicious.
The waiters were helpful with their recommendations and it was so peaceful and pretty that we stayed longer after finishing our meal for another drink.
There was also a guitarist playing spanish music that added to the atmosphere.
We have stayed here on a previous trip to Nerja and would not hesitate to stay again and would definitely recommend for food.