“Perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Welcome Inn Nerja
Ranked #3 of 32 Nerja B&B and Inns
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

The perfect location, with great views, wonderful hosts, beautiful, clean and well equipped rooms. The views from the balconies and pool are amazing. The Spanish style breakfast is niiiice. You won't be disappointed.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Warsaw, Poland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My husband and I just returned from the Welcome Inn in Nerja, as the final destination in a 10-day honeymoon to Spain, and it was easily our favorite. Natalia and Kiko have taken great care to create their beautiful B&B, and it shows in even the smallest details. They are a lovely, warm couple and made the stay even more enjoyable. I highly recommend staying at this scenic B&B and know that we will definitely be back!

Room Tip: We loved the suite-enormous bathroom and great view!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Berlin, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

OK, here it is, the first bad review I have ever given on tripadvisor. To be clear: we DID NOT STAY OVERNIGHT a the property, as we had not realized (admittedly possibly through our own fault) that the guesthouse is very far from the centre of town and also far from the beach, and is located in the middle of a residential area up on a steep hill. There are zero bars or restaurants in the neighbourhood. But having said that, the couple that owns the property keeps the guesthouse with a lot of taste and care, it's a beautiful place on the inside and the (public) terrace has wonderful views down to the sea. When we arrived there, however, we realised it's not what we wanted and wanted to cancel our 2- day reservation (reasons see above). After some negotiation we agreed that we would pay a 30 percent penalty and our reservations would be cancelled. I was under the impression that everyone regarded this solution as fair enough and we left.

The bad part started then: unfortunately, I had forgotten my phone in their house and my girlfriend called them to pick it up. The owner immediately started shouting at her loudly on the phone (we had never seen the guy before) to complain that we had been "unfriendly to his wife"- which was untrue. When we picked up the phone this owner opened the door, shouted at me: "Respect comes first, you show no respect", basically threw my phone at me and smashed the door in my face. I was actually concerned he would physically attack me but he didnt. So all in all- quite a nice guesthouse in a strange location with an absurd owner.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Wienerwuerstl
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here, in the Green room, with my boyfriend for two nights and we were very impressed.
Our room was very clean and had a balcony overlooking the pool, with an amazing view of Nerja too!
The Welcome Inn is well run, including: a warm welcome, maps and advice on what to do there, an honesty bar and a very generous breakfast (from fruit and cereal to tortilla and jamon)! They really went all out and provided a full wheat and gluten free breakfast for me, as I'm intolerant, including 'free from' bread, cake and biscuits!
A great place to stay, the only thing to be aware of is that it's up a hill and about a 25 minute walk into Nerja town itself. It's an easy enough walk if you don't have a car, however there are taxis that run for about €7 or €8.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank QueenOfTheReviews
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

This stunning accommodation is just a 20 minute walk out of Nerja and has the most breathtaking views I could have imagined. It is quiet, peaceful, clean, beautifully decorated throughout - just bliss. We felt looked after like family by the owners, Natalia and Kiko, with delicious Spanish breakfasts, wonderful tips for our visits and always on stand-by to help us with anything we might need. This was the absolutely perfect space we could have chosen for an incredible week of relaxation. Can't recommend it enough!

Room Tip: The Pink and Green suites are definitely worth spending the extra money on!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Lizzie B
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

I visited Welcome Inn Nerja (WIN) during August and my girlfriend could not have picked a better place to stay to enjoy Nerja from - I would like to pretend I was involved in the planning, but the truth is that I was not!

WIN located a short drive along the coast from the busy Nerja town center atop a hill which looking down from the pool and the large balconies gives fantastic views over the beach and down the coast to the town (especially special at night). To reach the town center from WIN will take you about 10 minutes by car down the twisty turns of the hill and along a straight coastal road, or about 30 minutes by foot. Do not let this distance put you off because it is perfectly removed from the bustle of Nerja town and gives you the peace to completely relax which having visited the town would be more difficult do so in.

Natalie and Kiko who run WIN are both very friendly and welcoming and will give recommendations to ensure that you enjoy your visit to Nerja. The rooms are very spacious, clean and comfortable. Additionally, a number of the rooms have access to balconies which we used in the evenings to enjoy a bottle of wine and unwind following a day on the beach. There are photos of the rooms on the website and each is decorated differently which gives the place a nice less generic feel.

Looking at the other reviews, they are completely right about this - I did not see a single place in Nerja where I would have rather spent a week.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tim B
Diss, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 March 2014

Been to Nerja many times but first time at Welcome Inn. Absolutely beautiful and a warm welcome from Natalie upon arrival. Immaculate accommodation, amazing views, peaceful, nothing too much trouble. The roses my husband asked Natalie to arrange we're amazing, birthday balloons, champagne and cake.. Thank you Natalie. Weather was a bit on cool side but it was February so didn't use the pool but sat on balcony looking out over Nerja. Nat recommended restaurants to try. Glad we hired a car but the walk into town would not be difficult o younge people. No tv in bedroom which delighted me, but husband not so! Don't have to get up early of breakfast, very relaxing. Although no tea/coffee facilities in rooms, there is a little kitchen area and honesty bar. Wines were lovely. We hope to return very soon.

Room Tip: The best room by far is the green room, just for the huge bath and fab views, but all rooms are love...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple