Generally Marinas de Nerja is a pretty and well maintained property for those who seek to stay outside of the trouble of the likes of Torremolinos. In this respect it met our expectations. It is ideally located for excursions (e.g. Frigiliana, Granada, Marbella, Gibraltar), rooms are quite spacious and food was excellent for buffet style with something to suit every taste. Staff was always friendly and helpful. Nerja is a lovely little town with a nice pedestrian zone with lots of Tapas bars and restaurants. Some nightlife too but prepare to stay up late since discos don't get busy before 3am.
On the negative side it has to be mentioned that rooms on the ground floor should be avoided. I ended up in what was probably the darkest room of the hotel with literally no view at all and a mouldy smell. Needless to say that the window couldn't be left open(groundfloor rooms towards the pool might me lighter but noisier and with people looking into your room). This was even though I booked a seaview room. I was told by the reception that they do not differnentiate between seaview and non-seaview rooms, which astonished me to hear. Luckily I was able to change the room after two nights.
Since the pool area was quite crowded we went to the beach which was okay but with many stones. Since the coastline is very steep after only a few steps it wasn't much fun to get into the water and even harder to get out but the water quality was okay. A hotel sunbed at the beach costs four Euros a day whereas they're free at the pool.
The hotel is very "family friendly". So prepare for enormous business especially during breakfast... Like other reviewers mentioned before the whole building is anything but soundproof. As soon as the maids start cleaning the rooms the shifting of the furniture can be heard all over the building. My friend heard his neighbour showering and even snoring at night - a pair of earplugs is highly recommended if not essential.
All in all it was okay but I don't think I'll return again to this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront located in Nerja, one of the most legendary town in the province of Malaga, famous for its popular Balcon de Europa and its spectacular Caves. The complex is just two kilometres away from the town centre and is comprised of six floors with a total of 216 rooms. Furthermore, the hotel boasts two outdoor swimming pools (one for adults and one for children), large garden areas with sunbeds and direct access to the beach. The complex's facilities are further complimented by its main restaurant, bar, gymnasium, spa centre, hairdresser's and shop. Guests can also enjoy WiFi in all the hotel. Marinas de Nerja is an unbeatable destination for a family holiday, not only for its apartments' high occupancy limits, but also for its facilities which have been designed for adults and children alike. This is in addition to our comprehensive All Inclusive package. Not only does the complex boast the Beach Club (open during summer), it also has a Mini Club with a games area, and day and night time entertainment available during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , LoveHolidays, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Marinas de Nerja Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marinas De Nerja Aparthotel Beach And Spa
- Marinas De Nerja Aparthotel Beach Hotel Nerja
- Aparthotel Marinas Nerja
- Marinas De Nerja Hotel