My friend and I visited this hotel last September/October 2011 -- I have never had such an awful holiday!! Unfortunately I was booked for 3 weeks too. The hotel itself is basically clean MOST of the rooms are of good comfortable size - except for the SINGLE rooms some of which are very small, inlcuding the bath and bathrooms.
The hotel is very noisey and for the last 9 days I had continual noise from the room above where they proceeded every afternooon and night to walk back and forward as if on a walking a marathon 50 miles and moved furniture screeching and banging it about all hours of the day and night. When I asked to move for the fourth time to a top floor if possible (NO noise above) was told sorry no rooms available any where in the hotel ??? Also the constant banging of doors goes on all day and evening with late night revelers walking and talking as if they were on a main street somehwere. As for sleeping well the entertainment music and speech is "so very loud" you can hear it every where in the hotel even with ear plugs - there is no possibily of sleeping until it stops and then not until everyone has gone to bed about 2.00am !! Children running around every where all day and all evening - one very small toddler (about 2/3 years) running around "completely on her own" as did many of the children !!! this little girl fell into the swimming pool at 10.30PM and her father had to jump in an get her out everyone thought this was great fun laugting and thought it was a very funny thing!!! they just wrapped the girl in a towl and left her on a chair for rest of the evening. The food is absolutely awful they have the cheapest cuts of meat e.g. chicken wings - very often inedible beef and the servery is far too small and very often the food was all but cold -- good breading ground for bacteria -- for the amount of people in the hotel the whole dining room was far too small. One had to search for and often wait for a place to be re set to sit down for many of the meals. The tables were for 8 people in rows and you had to fight your way betwen tables and chairs and screaming shouting children to get to and from your seat. The salad bar had the same selection on all 21 days not very good selection either. Same goes for the "Main Course" very poor selection repeated every few days. Desserts well you were lucky if there was any when you went to get one and had to wait up to 25 minutes for any more to appear apart from ice cream all very poor selections. The Bar well what can I say the staff were surley and in the main unhelpful ignoring us and serving Spanish people first althoug we had been waiting a long time and service was very very slow. On the fourth floor I was invaded by ants which took 4 days for the hotel to do anything about them. How do I rate this hotel - I would not go there again if they paid me !!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Marinas de Nerja Beach & Spa Aparthotel, situated on the Nerja beachfront. This is a legendary town in the province of Malaga, famous for its popular Balcon de Europa and its spectacular Caves. The complex is just two kilometres away from the town centre and is comprised of six floors with a total of 216 rooms. Furthermore, the aparthotel boasts two outdoor swimming pools (one for adults and one for children), large garden areas with sunbeds and direct access to the beach. The complex's facilities are further complimented by its main restaurant, bar, gymnasium, spa centre, hairdresser's and shop. Guests can also enjoy WiFi in all of its rooms. Marinas de Nerja is an unbeatable destination for a family holiday, not only for its apartments' high occupancy limits, but also for its facilities which have been designed for adults and children alike. This is in addition to our comprehensive All Inclusive package. Not only does the complex boast the Beach Club (open during summer), it also has a Mini Club with a games area, and day and night time entertainment available during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, Booking.com and TravelUp so you can book your Marinas de Nerja Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marinas De Nerja Aparthotel Beach Hotel Nerja
- Marinas De Nerja Aparthotel Beach And Spa
- Aparthotel Marinas Nerja
- Marinas De Nerja Hotel