As I've said before reviews can be influenced on how much the holiday cost , your own expectations and standard of living at home.
This holiday was for 11 nights from Leeds/Bradford Jet 2 £3500 half board in school holidays 4 people , Aug 2014
Sited on the main road into Nerja and is 2.7km out of the town centre (consistently 7 euros in taxi). It's walkable into to town but will take a good 30 minutes. The nearest large supermarket (SOL) is just as you enter the town on the main road and is approx 2km from the hotel. My son and I walked it to get provisions a couple of times. If you are not all inclusive , good idea to buy drinks , snacks etc from SOL for your fridge in the room.
If you are expecting newish furniture and decoration you may be dissapointed. It is not kept to the standard you would keep your own house. Worn paint work , chipped on furniture etc , plaster cracked and in parts missing. It is well worn and in my experience a typical family holiday hotel. However bedding was nice crisp and fresh.
Beach : Grey / Brown sand and stones , not the best
Eating : Food is average basic stuff although perfectly ok. Breakfast orange juice is not fresh orange juice , seems to be a mix of juice with very sweet syrup. But still drinkable. The evening dining experience is more pleasant than breakfast.
Having said all of the above this hotel appears to be the only one for miles around (including Nerja) itself which is on the beach. Taking everything into account it's not a bad hotel for a family holiday , but don't expect 4 star. It's 3 star. Drinks at the poolside bar at 2 euro's half lager etc. Soft drinks the same. Toastie snacks and hot dogs are 3.50.
Nerja : Although we paid half board we only had 3 evening meals there. A much better option is to jump in a taxi and head for the town centre. A vast array of restaurants for all pockets , taverna's etc etc. If you don't fancy typical Spanish fare there lots of other great places , Italian , Chinese etc.
We visited Bens Asian Restaurant several times (Chinese , Thai , Japanese) House Wine at 7.95 euro a bottle (better qual than the Italian next door who charge 11 euro a bottle) and after several soft drinks and bottles of wine later + starters and mains for 4 people a bill of 80 euro's is cheap (food was great quality). Expect to pay between 70 and 110 euro's for 4 people in the restaurants although you can eat for less if you are on a budget.
Nerja Town is a lovely place and you should definately spend several nights there.
Burriana Beach is where it's happening , Bus (1 euro each) is possible but unless you know where you are going or speak Spanish.. get a taxi ,10 euro. Lot less hassle no walking and you get dropped off right next to the beach. Quite easy to jump in a taxi for the journey back as taxi's are dropping off frequently. Jet Ski's , Paragliding are there , sunbeds cost 3.50 a day.
Nice Restaurants and Bars along the side of the beach ideal for lunch after sunbathing.
Tips : Don't go all inclusive. Go into Town for evening meal. Visit Balcon de Europa in Town , Use taxi's if not on a budget you get door to door no hassle. Best beach is Burriana.
Buses seem to be two services each one seems to run once an hour from the road outside the hotel.
Rooms : We found ground floor facing pool convenient easy access to beach and pool and for drinks during day. Not as private as higher up rooms that have sea view. Downside of higher rooms you have to use lifts etc so can't keep popping in and out during the day.
Very cheap and decent quality shoe and handbag shops in Town. 'Designer' bag from Mr Looky will cost 20 euro.
We did have a great holiday !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront located in Nerja, one of the most legendary town in the province of Malaga, famous for its popular Balcon de Europa and its spectacular Caves. The complex is just two kilometres away from the town centre and is comprised of six floors with a total of 216 rooms. Furthermore, the hotel boasts two outdoor swimming pools (one for adults and one for children), large garden areas with sunbeds and direct access to the beach. The complex's facilities are further complimented by its main restaurant, bar, gymnasium, spa centre, hairdresser's and shop. Guests can also enjoy WiFi in all the hotel. Marinas de Nerja is an unbeatable destination for a family holiday, not only for its apartments' high occupancy limits, but also for its facilities which have been designed for adults and children alike. This is in addition to our comprehensive All Inclusive package. Not only does the complex boast the Beach Club (open during summer), it also has a Mini Club with a games area, and day and night time entertainment available during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Jet2Holidays , Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Priceline, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marinas de Nerja Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marinas De Nerja Aparthotel Beach Hotel Nerja
- Marinas De Nerja Aparthotel Beach And Spa
- Aparthotel Marinas Nerja
- Marinas De Nerja Hotel