This is a large modern hotel built on the beach and just outside the attractive small town of Nerja. The design of the building is such that all rooms face seawards and towards the swimming pools outside. This can be quite noisy during the day and in the evenings when there is nightly entertainment, although this does end before 11.30
The rooms, or should I say appartments are pleasant and spacious. The kitchen just adequately equipped but with microwave, fridge and two ring hob but could have done with a sharp knife for example. Still good enough unless you are planning a lot of cooking.
The breakfast was excellent with loads of choice, good quality and they even managed to fry the bacon properly and have hot fried eggs!! The best we ate in a month touring round Spain.
The pool area is well maintained and there are umbrellas on the amazingly soft and springy grass which leads down to the beach, though more serious shade in the form of palm trees was premium. When we were there at the beginning of the season there were a lot of families with young children.
My main disappointment was the beach which was somewhat grey and gritty and with no shade whatosoever. Very few people used this beach or swam in the sea so the pool area could get a little crowded.
The reception staff were a mixed bunch, some quite pleasant and helpful, some actually quite rude,- shouting at you from the back room is not really polite. In addition when our air conditioning ceased to function we were not given accurate information and this led us to waste a morning and suffer a certain amount of anxiety. Actually an apology about this would not have been out of order but was not forthcoming.
Otherwise each night there was some sort of entertainment, there were daily activities for children and also for adults.
I think the main problem with this hotel could be its location. It is a good 40 minute walk from Nerja either along the main road or along the edge of the beach. Neither of these walks is particularly interesting or shaded and the beach edge is used by cars too so you end up being covered in grit and dust.
Fortunately we had a car to get to town in the evening though I would have preferred a short stroll. Without one you could be a bit stuck. Nerja itself is a pleasant enough town though the shopping is basically tat and there didn't seem to be a particularly good supermarket either. There are plenty of restaurants though rather too many Italian and English owned places. Still it was possible to find plenty of Spanish places too.
I find it quite difficult to review this hotel as the hotel itself is good but personally I would go for a hotel nearer to town and something a little quieter. It all depends on what you want from a resort
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beachfront located in Nerja, one of the most legendary town in the province of Malaga, famous for its popular Balcon de Europa and its spectacular Caves. The complex is just two kilometres away from the town centre and is comprised of six floors with a total of 216 rooms. Furthermore, the hotel boasts two outdoor swimming pools (one for adults and one for children), large garden areas with sunbeds and direct access to the beach. The complex's facilities are further complimented by its main restaurant, bar, gymnasium, spa centre, hairdresser's and shop. Guests can also enjoy WiFi in all the hotel. Marinas de Nerja is an unbeatable destination for a family holiday, not only for its apartments' high occupancy limits, but also for its facilities which have been designed for adults and children alike. This is in addition to our comprehensive All Inclusive package. Not only does the complex boast the Beach Club (open during summer), it also has a Mini Club with a games area, and day and night time entertainment available during high season. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Priceline, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Marinas de Nerja Aparthotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Marinas De Nerja Aparthotel Beach Hotel Nerja
- Marinas De Nerja Aparthotel Beach And Spa
- Aparthotel Marinas Nerja
- Marinas De Nerja Hotel