“Perfect”
Review of Hostal San Miguel

Hostal San Miguel
Ranked #14 of 33 Nerja B&B and Inns
Reviewed 3 December 2010

This is the best small conference hotel I have ever used.
The group was very pleased with service, facilities, location and Nerja itself.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hostal San Miguel

Reviewed 25 October 2010

Hostal San Miguel - is the best place to stay in all Nerja. Hostal is near bus station. To the largest beach is about ten minute on foot. Staff was very friendly and nice. It is possible to leave your main baggage for few days (without reservation), when you are far from Nerja, for example in Granada :)
Rooms are very clean. Room facilities: LCD TV, air condition, small balcony, ventilator, kitchen stuff (eg. electric kettle) and much more. To nearest supermarket is 2 min on foot. Terrace is wonderful, with swimming pool (but only for chillout - not for swim), with large fridge for beer (for example) and with microwave. That was one of the best travel - Nerja is great place to stay, but only with San Miguel hostal :)

1  Thank froogo
Reviewed 24 October 2010

This is a really nice family run (husband & wife) hostal. The word hostal doesn’t actually do this place justice. More like serviced apartments if you opt for a room with kitchen facilities.

My partner and I booked a room here for 7 nights. We were greeted with a smile and check-in was a breeze. Our initial impression of this place was great. Nicely furnished and a homely feel. We went up to our room on the first floor and were not disappointed. Absolutely spotless, spacious (a lot more than we expected), tasteful decor, homely and most importantly clean a bathroom. This place is really well looked after. We also opted for use of the in-room private kitchen as we were going to be staying for 7 nights. Free wi-fi connection should be a must in this day and age. This place has it. I should also mention we decided to extend our stay for an extra 4 nights (luckily the room was available). 11 nights in total and we could’ve stayed longer!

This hostal really is within walking distance to everything (in Nerja). 5 minutes to get to Balcon de Europa, beaches, bars and restaurants. 2 mins to busses. Literally less than 50 meters away from supermarket. They were more than willing to help us with suggestions on where to go what to see etc... Sometimes we just wanted to chill on the roof terrace with cheese and wine while watching the sun go down.

I couldn’t recommend this place highly enough. The rooms speak for themselves but it was the little things that they were willing to do for us that really made this “hostal” special. They have put their heart and soul into this place, and it shows.

We can’t wait go back to Nerja, and we know where we will be staying.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 1cg1
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Me and my wifes went to Nerja on September 2010. it was her 40th birthday and I give her as a gift a trip to Spain. For the first time I had to plan our vacation and reserve an hotel. Let me say that we were both really happy about our stay in San Miguel hostal. Well located, good price, clean and they are friendly with their customers. Unless you're only stay in suites in 5 stars hotels, you won't be disappointed with this place.

1  Thank vaello
Reviewed 25 September 2010

My partner and I have recently returned from a visit to Nerja and I cannot speak highly enough of Hostal San Miguel. We will, without a doubt, be booking our next stay there. As I am very picky about the places I stay, after hours scrutinising all the accommodation Nerja had to offer, I chose this place based on location, price & reviews. Look no further, you will not find better than this.

The location is perfect, situated right around the corner from the bus station it is ideal for tired travellers. There is also a really good supermarket 2 mins walk away, so you don’t have to carry your gallons of water too far! It is only a 7 or 8 minute walk from the Balcon de Europa, which seems even shorter because within 1 minute of leaving you are within the happy hustle & bustle of the town. And, if you don’t feel like undertaking the 4 minute walk to a bar, you can always have a drink in the charming square, complete with fountain and bar, that is on Hostal San Miguel’s doorstep.

The bedrooms and bathrooms are lovely and airy (shower is fantastic). The mattresses are amazing, as one with severe back problems, I can certainly vouch for them! The view from our room consisted of the ocean on one side and the mountains on the other. What more could you ask for?

Magnus and Eva run a pleasant, clean and friendly place. They are very welcoming and willing to share their vast knowledge of Nerja with you. They are even so kind as to provide beach brollies, mats & towels for those beach lovers out there.

If you do decide to book this accommodation, and as you can see I would certainly recommend it, book directly with Magnus & Eva through their website for savings.

Reviewed 12 August 2010

The best location close to centre and bus station and good service. Also appreciate the roof terrace and the swimming pool. Nerja is a beautiful little place on earth.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2010

This small hostel is a perfect stay. Nice Staff and I specially love the small pool and terrace at the roof, where you can sit and relax as if it is your own balcony! There is also a small fridge to make your drinks cold.
I´ve stayed at the hotel three times. And I will surely come again.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends