Mediterraneo Apartments
  • Beachfront
Bajamar(Nerja)
Nerjaluna(Nerja)
  • Pool
All reviewsda carloring hobdoor stepfab locationenjoyed my stayreception areanice bathroomtorrecilla beachnerja townbeachesbarslaundrette
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 March 2009

Stayed for a long weekend extremely basic, wouldn't stay here again, ideal location but no facilities for cooking and beds hadn't been changed for our arrival. The reception staff booked taxis for us but not a friendly atmosphere and noisy neighbours!reminded me of the shining!!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank cas127
Reviewed 5 March 2009

My partner and I arrived at these apartments bhuoyed by the photos shown from this very site. We don't always worry about reviews too much as we have been to several places where there have been bad reviews but ultimately our stays have been great.

Not this time. One word...awful. We're used to self catering, we're used to 3 star accomodation and normally you get a functional apartment that requires a lick of paint. The rooms in this place stank. They had mould, mildew, unmentionable things on the carpets.

After 15 minutes we checked out immediately and headed across the road to the 4 star Riu Monica hotel. It may have cost us 600 euros to do so but I don't think we could have slept 30 seconds in the room we had. Rotten.

The pool is a paddling pool at best. The lift smells of pee And the corridors are darker than 1am.

Check out our pictures.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Algenon79
Reviewed 1 March 2009

First, the good things:
1. close to downtown, shopping, cafes, bus station
2. helpful staff, English-speaking, arranged taxi to and from airport, changed my room when I requested (I was there for 2 weeks in the off-season and they initially had me on the 1st floor overlooking the parking lot in back, but changed me to a lovely unit on the 3rd floor in front overlooking the Mediterranean when I asked nicely)
3. good central location for daytripping in Andalucia to the Alhambra, Gibraltar, etc.

The OK things:
1. people complained about the cleaning - rooms are FINE - not for you if you're the posh type and want 5-star accommodation, but it is good value, clean and comfortable. Cleaning staff are very nice and will provide fresh towels or clean the room on request.
2. some of the information given by staff was not current, i.e. I took an 8 euro cab ride to the outdoor market they said was open that day but it was closed

The Bad:
1. You have to provide your own toilet paper, dish soap and garbage bags. I'd rather they charged me a few extra dollars and saved me the hassle of having to go buy this stuff at the local shop.
2. There is no internet as advertised, but an internet cafe close by charges 2 euros an hour.
3. The "laundry service" is one washer under the stairs for about 7 euros a wash, no dryer. Takes only euro coins and receiption claimed they had none.
4. The restaurant is open only on weekends in the off-season and was not very good.
5. Way too cold to be pleasant in the off season and heat in the room not working properly.
6. When I had to leave 5 days early, hotel would not refund my 5 (pre-paid) nights.

I would go back to this hotel, but not in the off-season. Also, I would recommend renting a car as the cab ride round-trip to the airport is 140 euros. You can cover Nerja in a few days and a car is needed to enjoy the many interesting things to see in Andalucia - taking the bus everywhere was inconvenient and unpredictable.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled solo
2  Thank NoFixedPlans
Reviewed 12 February 2009

Whilst we knew we had booked a very reasonalbly priced holiday at the Mediterraneo we did'nt quite expect to get what we got.
Ok the apartment was tiny yes it was smaller than the hotel room at the airport in Liverpool. That was'nt the only problem the main problem was that the toilet pan was loose therefore you could'nt sit on it, the table was wonky and had nails sticking out and the worst was the beading down the side of the wall by the bed also had large tacks sticking out which I caught my arm on once (had to climb into bed from the bottom).
We asked for a change of apartment so that I could at lease get into bed comfortably and have a pee without having to do a balancing act. They sent a man to fix the problems and I had a phone call from the desk to say they had another apartment for me. We were delighted it was still a studio but was huge and had a balcony ( I knew I was't having a balcony so this was a bonus) this was wonderful so we said yes to the move. After we moved Joanna told us that we had to pay 50 euros for that apartment. We agree but she then said that she wanted cash. We offered out credit card and she refused saying she could only take cash (they had the usual card sticker on the door saying they did take cards).
We held out till the last day and then she finally agreed to take the payment. We felt that we should not have paid so much for the relpacement apartment as the place was half empty and we had not requested a balcony just a functional room. Joanna said that she needed the cash to pay the cleaner because we had used the studio one night. Can I clean there 50euros for half an hours work? I'll take some of that.
We are convinced that they put us in that apartment on purpose because it was so bad and would ask to be moved. It happened to many people while we were there and apparently it was going on the previous week.
Nerja was lovely and we met some lovely people there but the problems at the Mediterrano spoilt our stay.
Would I go back there? no never, we felt conned out of 50euros and also felt that it was not above board, one couple were asked for 100euros !!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank funtas_8
Reviewed 10 October 2008

My wife and I stayed in the Mediterraneo Apartments for the second year in a row this September.As we were going home early on Sat 4th, October I paid my bill in full on the Friday.We went out Friday night between 1830 and 2400 and when we returned we found that nearly €200 had been taken and our bags had been searched.
We were absolutely appaled - it was bad enough losing the money, but the thought that someone had been through our stuff is just too much.
While waiting for our taxi the next morning I tried to tell the night guy but all I got was "no hablo".
On returning to Cork I e-mailed the Med. Apts and got a "very sorry..." reply.I rang them the day after and still got no satisfaction - "maybe you didn't close your door"
We are very hurt and disappointed. We have been going to Nerja for the last 10 years - 2 to the Mediterraneo. I'm not sure about Nerja but we certainly won't be going back to the Mditerraneo.

• Stayed: September 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank corky_8