Hotel Carabeo
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
Nerjaluna(Nerja)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe penthousetapas barsuckling pigour honeymoonel salonoverlooking the sealower terracegreat terracewould highly recommend this hotelquiet streetfantastic staylong weekendside streetfantastic hotellittle gemlucancalahonda
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 October 2013

We had tapas on the Carebeo and it was great and I would recommend it to everyone however it did not match the experience we had when we ate on the terrace. I ordered the piri piri chicken which is rare for me as I am not a fan of ordering chicken in restaurants and my wife ordered the ravioli. The ravioli was great however my fear was soon realised whan the piri piri chicken arrive and it was raw. Annoyed, as eating this could have damaged the remainder of my holiday, I alerted the waitress and asked for the food to be sent back. This resulted in my wife eating her meal alone and finishing it before my meal arrived back. I then felt under pressure to finish my now cooked chicken (although the sauce looked completely diffferent after being warmed up). So although together we felt like we ate seperately, killing all the romance we had hoped for the evening.
In summary, what a shame! We had hoped for such alot more and were bitterly disappointed so there won't be a next time!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Sean B
Reviewed 25 September 2013

What to say about this charming little hotel? It doesn't have the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in, and it's very expensive. Would I stay here again? Absolutely! The service is impeccable and the location stunning. It was such a pleasure to wake up every morning to a wonderful view and to know that when you went down for breakfast, you wouldn't be fighting with several hundred other holidaymakers for the best table and mediocre food. Likewise if you fancied a day by the pool, no scrabbling for sun beds, with towels on them that mysteriously appear overnight, it just wasn't done. When the hotel was full, and it always is, there's plenty for everyone. How many hotels have you stayed in, where the receptionist comes out to wave you off when you're leaving? Every single member of staff made you feel that you were special and couldn't do enough to help.
We stayed in "el Salon", which is described as a junior suite with a small balcony. The room was nice, but the air conditioning not fantastic. The balcony was long and narrow, not brilliant, but we do like our outside space, and this may not be a problem for many people.
We ate twice at the hotel restaurant (34), what a treat. Fantastic food, attentive service, and accompanied by the sound of the waves crashing on the rocks below.
Hotel Carabeo is a little piece of "Heaven on Earth". We can't wait to go back, and have already booked for next year (a different room tho')

Room Tip: Opt for a suite with a sea view. Take your own hair dryer.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank juliejos
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I cannot praise the service , food and location which made my birthday really memorable. Thank you restaurant 34.Maggi was extremely helpful in planning the evening so that the menu fitted all our different needs. Everything was just perfect & the food outstanding. I would highly recommend this restaurant and the views from the terrace are superb.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Moira C
Reviewed 7 September 2013

Just had a special dinner here,been many times in the past (10 Years) just waited 1 hour and 10 minutes between courses!!!when we asked we were told it was because they had 2 big parties in!!!!as if that was a good enough reason!!!!The Standard of food was excellent but really let down by very poor service!!!After speaking to the duty manager he said that they will contact us by email,we wait to see.Shame because this has been a favourite place of ours and our extended Family for over a decade!

Stayed: September 2013
3  Thank Frank T
Reviewed 2 September 2013 via mobile

Didn't stay here but went to the restaurant twice in one week. The decor of the bar, reception and restaurant are so fabulous. The food is excellent. Would say easily that this is the most beautiful restaurant I've ever been in. A must see/visit. Next time I'm booking into the hotel

• Stayed: August 2013