“Superb dinner”

Hotel Carabeo
Ranked #15 of 38 Hotels in Nerja
“Superb dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

If you're looking for panoramic sea views, friendly service and delicious food in Nerja, look no further! Dinner here was excellent from start to finish. The service was excellent, the staff were warm and friendly (but not 'in your face'!) and the food was beautifully presented, fresh, generous portion sizes, and delicious. The ambience was enhanced by two guitarists playing discreetly beside the pool in the extensive, landscaped terrace. Overall a very special evening. Highly recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Last night two friends and I ate at Restaurant 34. We were shown to a fantastic table overlooking the pool and had Passionfruit Bellinis whilst waiting for our starters. We shared Breseola with parmesan and rocket ( delicious ), stuffed courgette flowers with chili jam which would have been the best starter I have ever had except I hadn´t yet tried the mussels with Bloody Mary sauce. Absolutely a genious idea! Luckily there was bread to mop up the sauce or I would have been licking the bowl. The lobster main course was to die for, cooked perfectly and with a delicios light sauce which can so easily overwhelm the delicate flavour of the lobster, in this instance it was perfect. We shared a wonderful bottle of Perrier Jouet Rose and a equally good Baron De Ley Red and never touched either bottle as it was all taken care of by the lovely, friendly, attentative staff one of whom placed a Pashmina round my bare shoulders so I wouldn´t be cold, that´s what I call first class service! The managers and owner could not have been more gracious and welcoming, will definitely be coming back.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

Went for an Anniversary meal, what a beautiful restaurant, inside & on the terraces. We chose a table overlooking the pool, excellent service, very attentive. Food was spectacular, definatley worth the money. Glass of cava at the end was a bonus! Luvley atmosphere, 2 Spanish musicians playing, very romantic!! Enjoyed it tremendously.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Andalucia, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2014

Made this return visit to the hotel to use a voucher given as present.
Initially just booked 2 nights as we were leaving our existing holiday rental in Marbella to go up to Nerja.
The hotel is so good we extended our stay for a further 3 days and even after that were very tempted to extend it further.
The meal in 34 was as fabulous as ever and probably my favorite meal of an extended tour in the area in which we dined very well indeed. It was certainly the best service by a way.
I passed comment at the end of the night that I couldn't remember ever dining in a fully booked restaurant of patrons that were obviously enjoying the experience just as much as i was.
The staff in all aspects of both the hotel and restaurant are superb and anyone in the hospitality industry that needs a few lessons or a wake up call could do worse that book a stay and a meal here.
We hope to return very soon and often.

Room Tip: The hotel has 2 standard type rooms, a few junior suits with great balcony views over the Med and a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TrevorB
Diss, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2014

We have been to this restaurant on several occasions during trips to Nerja. The staff are lovely, warm and friendly and the service and food excellent. Yes, it is more expensive but for a special meal/celebration dinner, worth the money. I asked for a cocktail they hadn't heard of before, asked me to describe it, then after a few tries made me my 'nutty irishman'! It is now on their list of cocktails. We last visited in late March/early April - just after their season had begun. The restaurant is beautiful and in summer, you can sit outside overlooking the sea.
Before we left last time we asked if we could see the rooms (never been able to get in before as they have been already booked up) - they are fabulous. The young lady showing us round was extremely helpful. The Tapas at No. 34 during the day/early evening are the best we have ever sampled in Nerja - great variety, absolutely fresh. The barman was good fun too. Definitely will return. Hopefully to stay in the hotel too next time.

Room Tip: They have a penthouse suite with balcony - beautiful with lovely views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lizi090411
Epping, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Have been going to Nerja for years this is the first time in this restaurant.
The setting is nice if you get a table with the view looking out to sea, however you will be paying for the privelage,
I realise value for money is a very personal thing but I felt that the prices in 34 Carabeo were a tad high.
We had only 1 starter 2 mains no desert 2 red wines and 2 beers for the grand total of 105 euros.
As I said the food was nice but I have had better or at least the same for less.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dave E
ayr
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014 via mobile

This hotel is definitely one of the best I have stayed at. When I stayed there last year it was my first 'relaxing' holidays for years after years of going to USA and cancun. I went with my fiancée after recommendation from her parents. When we arrived the staff were really welcoming and couldn't have been anymore helpful. The room were immaculately clean when we got there and were kept to this standard by the cleaners everyday. our room had an outstanding and romantic view. The room also had a coffee machine which I found a really nice touch as I can't start the day without a decent coffee. Also the food at the breakfast was great there was a good selection of continental and hot breakfast. During the day because of the amount of rooms, around the pool it was extremely tranquil and relaxing. Also the staff were very accommodating bringing us drinks to the table. If you like to have a spot of decent food at lunch then you don't have to look far as the hotels lunch out on the street is phenominal with a good selection of great food which changed on a daily basis. Also the setting out front in a traditional Spanish street was superb. At night the air con was working really well at keeping us cool while getting changed for dinner.
At the restaurant I have to doff my hat to the staff and chefs as the food was amence (my mouth it watering just thinking back) normally in a restaurant I like to try pick one down fall so I can make a decision on where to go in future but I honestly couldn't the setting right down at the balcony end really was stunning and romantic. And the staff were really amazing and helpful and took the time to read out all the specials and recommendations in full.
Through out our stay the owner was constantly making an effort to ensure our stay was as WE wanted it to be.
So in summary if you are looking for a hotel with a unique, tranquil and romantic settings, superb food at all times of the day, friendly and accommodation staff and clean rooms and bathrooms then this is your place. Also prices are well worth the money.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple