Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews continental breakfast small pool roof terrace good size fantastic stay spain
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 July 2019

Myself and my family have recently returned from an 8 night stay in this hotel where we stayed for a family wedding. I booked directly with the hotel and dealt with Sandra who was very helpful and accommodating. The staff were very friendly and professional, the rooms were spotlessly clean and we were all very happy with our rooms. The continental breakfast that was included was brilliant value with fresh fruit, breads, ham, cheese etc and the coffee was excellent. The staff on the front desk were always very friendly and they gave us fresh beach towels every day which was very helpful. The pool area is small but spotlessly clean and there were lots of sun loungers. I don't understand some of the negative reviews as this is a 2 star hotel and the value you get for the price is the best in Nerja in my opinion. The location is excellent and everywhere within walking distance. Myself and my family really enjoyed our stay in the Puerta del Mar and we would like to thank all the staff. We will definitely return in the future. Thank you. Jennifer

Room tip: We stayed in room 210 and we were very happy with it.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank 506Jennifer
Reviewed 15 July 2019

Stayed here for 5 nights. Booked a superior room . Room was excellent and I think was in newer part of hotel but all of hotel has been recently refurbished. A lot of thought has been put into the small details eg an electrical socket under the mirror . The roof top pool and terrace area is great and quite spacious with sunloungers and tables and chairs. Breakfast was continental and self service with a good selection of fruits meats cereals etc. Downstairs there is a shower room available if you have a late departure and need to change. I could see very little difference between this hotel and many 4 star hotels that I have stayed in. Well done to all in Hotel Puerta Del Mar

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 July 2019

Wow! Where do I begin...

Breakfast is not a buffet, it is very plain and limited with only bread, packaged pastries, ham, cheese and 3 types of cereal available. We ate out for breakfast every day for about €5 each where the breakfast was much better!

Secondly, the hotel manager has no customer service skills at all and should really not be in the role that he is! Total disrespect for his customers! He is rude, arrogant and disgusting! I was really looking forward to staying here due to the location but was left feeling very disappointed! The way he speaks to paying customers is not something I expect from a hotel manager.

Our room overlooked a moped stand- read other reviews this is very noisy! I repeat very noisy!

I really recommend people stay elsewhere when visiting Nerja! Other members of the wedding party stayed at lovely hotels such as Hotel Carabeo and Hotel Cavana, both of which would be a much better experience than this!

Good luck to anyone staying here in future, I certainly don’t recommend it!!!!!

Date of stay: June 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Simon2927
Reviewed 9 July 2019

WHAT AN AWFUL EXPERIENCE... Our trip was wonderful to begin with: hotel was very central and clean.
However, when it came to checking out we were overcharged by 80 EUROS. I have seen on previous reviews on booking.com that this is not the first time, if you choose to stay here beware of how much they're taking off you as these thieves will try their best to BUMP you! They cleverly did not give out receipts either so we have not received our money back!

I really recommend people to stay at a different hotel. I am very disappointed by this.

Room tip: Don't stay here
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Harrietelizabeth22
Reviewed 5 July 2019

A lovely little hotel in the centre of the old town
Quiet modern accommodation with excellent staff
They go the extra mile
This time we took our family with us and everyone loved it
Good quality buffet breakfast from 8am-10.30am
Shower and toilet facilities for use when you have checked out if you have a later flight
Check out time is midday

Room tip: Room 102 modern triple room with small balcony
Date of stay: June 2019