“Picture is NOT La Parra de Burriana!!”
Review of Burriana Restaurant - CLOSED

Burriana Restaurant
Price range: US$15 - US$22
Cuisines: European, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Arrived in Nerja late Thursday evening last Easter & this was the only place we could find still serving food. Pleasant atmosphere & patio heaters on terrace to keep warm. Food ordered but 20 mins later my son was told his choice was unavailable, another selection made but yes another 20 mins later this was unavailable too, 3rd time lucky & some time later food eventually appeared! Have to say staff were very apologetic & we were told our meal & drinks were on the house, have to say I felt a bit guilty about leaving nothing so left €20 tip!
I note picture shown for La Parra is actually a pic of Montemar on Burriana beachfront & think this is very misleading & quite unfair to Montemar?!

5  Thank Arnold68

Reviewed 1 October 2012

Brilliant! Brilliant! Wow - what an unexpected surprise. We wish it were possible to give this restaurant a better rating than excellent!

Firstly - they are nothing to do with "La Parra" featured on Gordon Ramsay's television program many years ago. This establishment has changed ownership several times since then!

This restaurant is on Calle Fillipinas (the approach road leading to Burriana Beach) and is just 50 metres from the Passeo de Burriana. The restaurant is now called "Restaurante Burriana" with a different telephone number (now 95 252 4969) - not to be confused with a completely different restaurant called "The Restaurant at Burriana" on the other side of the road.

They are open all days for lunch and dinner, but on Wednesdays, Fridays and Sundays they put on Flamenco shows in the evening. We went for dinner on Sunday. It was brilliant. Dinner plus entertainment - we haven't enjoyed an evening in a restaurant like this for quite a time. The flamenco show (2 girls and 1 man) started at about 8 o'clock and continued throughout the meal. The dancers danced with such conviction and passion and took breaks between numbers with several costume changes, so allowed diners sufficient time to also have conversations.

The food was excellent. Actually better than excellent! We started with Anchoas Cantabrico €7.00 (anchovies - sufficient to share), followed with Solomillo de Ternera €10.00 (excellent quality fillet steak perfectly cooked medium rare "al punto", succulent and tender) & Sardinas only €5.00 (probably the best and freshest Sardines I have had for a long time - I have had smaller less appetising sardines for a higher price in other restaurants). The chips that came with the steak were excellent (home-made - not frozen or pre-prepared).

What made this excellent was not just that the food was very very good but also that the flamenco show raised this from just a meal to an occasion. They charged us a mere €2 per person for the entertainment - fantastic value. They also offer 2 set 3-course menus at €20 and €25 euros which include the flamenco show.

The service was also very attentive and efficient.

We would go there again next week but sadly they told us they were closing for the winter season (until Spring). Definitely recommend reserving on flamenco nights. Even without the flamenco show the food was excellent in its own right.

4  Thank mw741002
Reviewed 9 September 2012

Had lunch here twice it was that good! First time ate the sardines and they were very good. Second time had the paella which was the best I had in the 10 days we were in nerja......beer comes in frosted glasses......it's a must for lunch!

3  Thank teammaple
Reviewed 2 September 2012

I went with a family group including my in-laws who live just up the road who said that the restaurant (which featured a few years ago on a Gordon Ramsay restaurant makeover show when it was run by English people) is now run by Spanish people. As my daughter was desperate to see flamenco we decided to give it a try - and it was one of the best nights we had in Nerja.

Unlike all the other Nerja flamenco shows I could see, there is no charge if you are eating and the food is very reasonably priced - mains in the region of 7-10 euros, raciones (smaller portions to mix and match as a group) less than that, and everthing we ate was very tasty. Not surprisingly, being near the beach, the seafood is excellent; i had the chicken in mushroom sauce which was a full plate and very nice for about 9 euros I think. The ice cream my son had was HUGE and beautifully presented he described it as 'the best ice cream he'd ever eaten'! There are set menus which are about 20 euros plus but there is no need to order off them - the flamenco is free either way and the food a la carte is much cheaper. We saw people just having drinks at the bar and watching, so you don't even need to eat - though I don't know if they had to pay.

I suspect this is the best value and most fun fllamenco restaurant you'll find anywhere in Nerja - the food quality, portion sizes and prices are comparable to any of the other restaurants on Burriana, but you get the flamenco thrown in for free. And the flamenco was great - starting at about 8.30pm and going on until about 10.30pm, it was ideal for kids - most flamenco shows in Nerja cost a bomb and start at 10.30pm,so not really suitable for kids. Although the dancing was very professional, the girls doing it (I think, from the pictures, there is also supposed to be a man but he was not there the night we went), seemed to be really enjoying it - which was infectious. The atmosphere was quite relaxed - not like watching a formal show - there were breaks after every couple of numbers for the girls to get their breath back and conversation to resume, and a number of little girls in the audience took advantage of this to do their own dancing on the stage,or dance along by the tables. best of all, at the end, the dancers asked the audience to join in and everyone who wanted to, including all the kids,got to join the dancers on stage for the last number - lots of fun...

I would recommend booking a table - it was nearly full when we went - and the best tables are not right next to the stage but a bit to one side, so you can see but also hear, as the flamenco is pretty loud when it's on. Really recommend it - far better than we expected based on reviews below!

3  Thank sunhasgothishaton
Reviewed 26 August 2012

This restaurant now appears to have changed hands, but it does stil have the Flamenco shows on Wednesday, Friday and Sundays. They charge you 2 Euros per person to watch these unless you go for the special Flamenco menu. The reason I'm giving an average review wasn't for the food or the ambiance, but for the hidden costs and lack of special cheap menu which is advertised on the street but seemingly unavailable during Flamenco shows, so what you may think is a cheap night in principle winds up being a lot more expensive. Having said that, the food and wine were good if you go for some of the more special BBQ options. Expect service to be slow due to how busy the place gets at these times.

4  Thank Fatyak