Hostal Tarik
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$115
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
Meson de Sancho(Tarifa)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$68
Hostal Alameda(Tarifa)(Great Value!)
US$61
Hotels.com
Hotel La Torre(Tarifa)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$79
  • Beachfront
Hostal Tarifa(Tarifa)(Great Value!)
US$55
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Bar/Lounge
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 June 2013

In the unattractive part of Tarife Spain this seems a popular spot near the beach till u try to sleep. A main road with a building site opposite.Constant traffic garbage trucks and deliveries. No reception at all at night till 9 am. Clean but air con not working in 30 degrees plus.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank Mary K
Reviewed 22 June 2012

I stayed in this hostel on an intrepid trip and worst hostel ever. Small rooms, unfriendly owner, breakfast was to be included but was not available. Workmen started renovations early in morning as installing a lift. Room was 2 flights of stairs up and very steep stairs. Owner upset and rude that we didn't book our day trip to morocco through him - easier to bok direct with company. Only good point was next to supermarket. Avoid this hostel if u can.

Room Tip: If you are traveling with intrepid ALWAYS take earplugs as typical standard and location will require them if u want to get to sleep
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2012

We got stuck in Tarifa after a late ferry arrival from Morroco and had nowhere to stay. Went to this hostal after asking some other travellers at the bus station about a place to stay, they were staying there too. We walked in about 6.30pm and luckily they had a room, the guy was helpful and welcoming enough. The rate was a steal and the room very good value compared to all the other places we later stayed at in Spain. We had a very tidy clean room on the second floor and it was a short-ish walk to the beach. The guy also warned us that they were installing a elevator so there would be work starting about 8.30 the next morning, which we didn't mind as we were leaving anyway.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 July 2011

I never write any reveiws but have to write this one as a warning to any weary travellers!

I went to Tarifa on an impulse kite surfing course for three days 20th to 23d July and did not have accommodation booked. It was already evening when I arrived and saw hotel tarik signposted!

Greated by a really really unfriendly guy of few words behind the desk and after ignoring me for a while charged me 65Euro per night, I accepted as I was happy just to get a place to sleep for the night. I tell you, not a smile out of this spanish gent who really acted like he was doing me a favour.

Over three days I stayed in two rooms, one on the first floor the first night and two nights on the ground/street level floor.
The first thing that struck me was that my first floor room did not have a window or any aeration except a sort of door that accessed a vent to the roof ( No Light). The room was sparse and would describe it as definitely grim. The only light was a fluorecent ceiling light and it gave it that smokey train station waiting room feel! No Airco just a dirty fan! It was a hot nights sleep to say the least, but i did sleep!

Second and third night I stayed on the bottom floor, accessed from the street, through an iron barred gate. This room had a window which I kept open periodically but had to shut every time I needed some privacy as this was street level and people kept looking in, human nature i suppose. I might as well not have had a window but ok not really a problem.

The real issue was that this room was damp and really unconfortable, again the train station waiting room look, but with added dampness and of course the dirty stand alone fan was as standard!

I had some shorts and a t shirt which got wet on the beach and I hung to dry on the curtain rail by the window and then in the closet and bathroom, two days later they still weren't dry! This dampness became really apparent when staying in the room longer than an hour and it just got really uncomfortable. As with the other reviewer siverfish were a dito!

Eventually I got a chesty cough and believe you me i'm a health freak and never get sick!

On the friday to saturday night I had no sleep as street level noise was a mixture of loud late night reveller shouting making their way home, loud bike and car stereo noises. Ok in limited doses but the spanish tend to go out really late and at 4:30 being awake again tends to get annoing. The issue was my room window and door were right beside footpath and you could hear everything amplified!

When I left my room at 11am into the morning heat it was actually a breath of fresh air and real relief.

I asked if i might leave my bags at reception for a couple of hours, but I got a snappy reply, "does it look as if there is room here to do that"!

I have never writen a review for everything, but this experience does warrant one. Buyer beware you are not going to enjoy your stay at the hotel tarik!

Room Tip: Dont stay on the bottom street level floor, in fact dont stay at this Hostal!
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank dcrt11
estelar47, Gerente at Hostal Tarik, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2011

Dear customers, our policy is to respond best to our guests, but maybe the guy who hired you to those days, leave something to be desired thing that we ask our sincere apologies, on the other hand would like to mention that before someone host we always make sure that the customer accepts the conditions under which it hosts (if your room is to your taste, location or situation, cleanliness and ventilation, etc ...) and - provided that this line, we try to stay in our hotel as pleasant as possible. , So you do not fully understand the criticism being two nights at our hostel and you can choose from a change of location the next day, never force anyone to pay us the room if after showing it was not entirely consistent. thank you and apologize for any inconvenience .

Reviewed 13 December 2010

Just to start - I did not stay here in 2010; I stayed in Nov 2007 but tripadvisor won't let me select a date prior to January 2010. We stayed 2 nights, and the photos online show a renovated hotel from the one where we stayed. As I recall they were doing their renovations while we were there. The room was large but without much furniture and what there was, was meager and not entirely comfortable, and it wasn't dirty exactly but it wasn't really clean either. However, our room was on the top floor and our view was lovely - the sea view (and the sea air!), the bullring and the little park. The staff (I only remember seeing one guy) was super nice and helpful. The bathroom was a bit on the icky side. If the renovations are as nice as the photos make them appear, then this hotel is worth it. Easy to park, if you happen to be traveling by car, which we were. A nice brisk (but perhaps a bit seedy after dark) walk to the centre of town, a quiet spot (remember, it was November so not exactly tourist season in Tarifa) with lovely sea air... although I can imagine how it could smell damp as one reviewer noted. Anyway, we spent precisely 7 hours each night in the room so it fit the bill for a budget spot to lay our heads after a long day driving (day 1) or sightseeing in Morocco (day 2).

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple