“Dynamic team of instructors.”

Tarifa Max Kitesurf School
More attraction details
Owner description: Tarifa Max Kitesurfing School has been giving kite lessons in Tarifa, Spain since 1998, making us the kite school with the most of experience in the area, with proven techniques to ensure you learn to kitesurf quickly, safely and with a lot of fun. Our experience makes the difference. We are a hands on owner run business looking to give you the best service and value for money and will be on the beach to instruct and ensure the quality of your course. Our commitment: in our school the teacher will be with you in the water, to help you out and give you the best chances to get up on the board from the first go. Your course will be tailor made with detailed step by step instructions. You will be taught all the techniques of kitesurfing through step by step instructions which will provide you with all you need to know to improve your level quickly. We offer reduced group courses with 2 to 4 persons per instructor, semi-private lessons and private tuition, from 18€/h with all material, insurance, assistance boat and IKO license included. At the end of your Tarifa Max kitesurfing course you'll get your own official IKO card (International Kitesurfing Organisation) allowing you to go forth into the world as an independent kiter, and rent your equipment wordwide. We sell new and second hand material at the best price and you will be able to get one day for free to try the equipment. We are always happy to advise you and answer any queries. Tarifa Max has some new and exciting developments with the partnership of B3 Tarifa who will be providing our kite school with the newest and best 2017 Slingshot kites and boards. We also offer accommodation package in our kite House, 2 minutes walk from the town beach and the town center where you will find bars and restaurants. The house also offers gear storage for those who come with their own material, free pick to the beach and an ideal place to share great times in Tarifa. There is a great ambience in this newly renovated town house, with amazing views overlooking the old town and Moroccan cost. Come and enjoy kitesurfing with us in the midst of the amazing scenery and beauty of Tarifa, the southern point of Europe. We will take you to the best spots every day depending on the wind direction. Let the Tarifa Max Kitesurfing team take care of the details, our experience does make the difference. See you soon for some great days kitesurfing !
Reviewed 4 July 2012

They had me up and kitesurfing within a few days. The entire Tarifa Max crew is full of energy, laughter and talent. They set me up with a room in a great apartment owned by a local windsurfer and at a cheap rate. If you want an unforgettable experience on and off the water go here. I had an incredible week.

7  Thank Burklee

Reviewed 26 June 2012

My partner and I have just returned from a two week trip to Andalucía, of which two fabulous days were spend kitesurfing with Tarifa Max.

We were initially overwhelmed by the number of Kitesurfing schools in Tarifa so contacted a couple, outlining our trip requirements. Mathieu of Tarifa Max was swift to respond with a package tailored to our needs, with prices that were very competitive. I was impressed with the professionalism in his communications.

We opted to have a semi-private lesson for two days, which meant it was just the pair of us with our instructor, Romain. We both had some prior kiting experience, which meant we were able to get on the water by the end of the first day. The second day we were straight onto the water, and by the end of the lesson we had both managed to get up and riding… albeit not for long - it is harder than it looks!

Romain was a fantastic instructor. He is a natural teacher - calm, supportive and yet keen to challenge his students. He was able to quickly identify where we are going wrong and suggest ways to improve our techniques. The kit provided was first class, and a strong emphasis on safety was consistent throughout our lessons.

We had a thoroughly enjoyable two days, and both agreed this was the highlight of holiday. I can thoroughly recommend TarifaMax kitesurfing, and we look forward to visiting them again.

6  Thank BrightonLaura
Reviewed 18 June 2012

Tarifa is an amazing place to visit and have a holiday and what's even better, it's the place to do kitesurfing whether you're a beginner or not. There are lots and lots of kitesurfing schools there but I chose to have my course in a company called Tarifa Max kitesurfing school and I couldn't have chosen it better. The instructors are really friendly and nice, and they totally know what they're doing. Eventhough the wind conditions in Tarifa may be harder than in many other places, I wasn't scared or felt uncomfortable during my course at all, and it was all because of the professionality of the instructors. I would say that the time I spent in Tarifa learning to kitesurf was one of the best in my life, and I cannot do more than say thanks to the whole team of Tarifa Max kitesurfing school! You made my holiday!

5  Thank Tanja T
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Tarifa is really the mecca of kitesurfing, when the wind is good the whole beach fills of kite surfers. I relly liked Tarifa Max school, because I was just a beginner and they had relly good instructors. They also are very confident about what they are doing and they have alot of experience of teaching kite surfing. Also I had very safe feeling the whole time and I had alot of fun during the course. One day when I go back to tarifa I want to learn still more about kiting and I will contact these guys again. Such a great course and so beautiful place for having a sport holiday.
Tarifa is also a very nice cultural holiday spot. There are alot of shopping opportunities and alot of Fiesta! places to go. There is this one main shopping street which leads you to the old town area. In old town you can find also little shopr, bars & reastaurants and also these beautiful castels.
So if you're going to Tarifa you have to try kite surfing, go to the old town and maybe even visit Tanger, which is in Marokko and you can take ferry from Tarifa there, costs like 60€ 2 way trip. Also enjoy the big beach and eat in many good restaurants.

2  Thank MillaPyyhtia
Reviewed 27 February 2012

I realy recommend this guys , they make it so easy . For my first water start the teacher was with me in the water helping me out . I got up on my first go and then that s it I was hooked .... At the end I bought second hand gear from the school , at a bargain price , and carry on riding the rest of my week in Tarifa with this guys .... good staff .

3  Thank Zeus88