All reviews beach bar horse riding yoga classes sea view wonderful hotel overlooking the beach large pool only stayed one night small hotel tarifa town the main road kite surfers boutique hotel tapas pools spain gym
Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

I cannot believe this isn’t a five star hotel, it is the most beautiful perfect hotel I’ve ever been to, and I’ve been fortunate enough to stay in 5*s all around the world. It’s has a family feel, it’s the perfect size, the grounds are exquisite, there is a family and an adult pool, a great gym, parrots, tennis courts, a ping pong and a pool table, a hot tub though it was out of order when we were there, kayaks, paddle boards, fabulous food, and around every corner is a new place to relax with a gorgeous view. I could not recommend it enough❤️

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2018 via mobile

Due to fully booked hotel we visited the restaurant only. The waiter took a double order when we asked to share fish of the day and the food was overall tasteless and pricey. Beautiful view but he killed it.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank My M
Reviewed 12 August 2018

I went horseriding for the first time with Katarina this week - It was the best part of my trip to Tarifa. I was a little nervous at first but she was really helpful throughout and I felt totally comfortable!

She took some photos of me & showed me a lot of the area. It was great to have someone with perfect English also! Great value for money.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank EdwardDC01
Reviewed 17 May 2018

OK - I'll admit it, I'm slightly biased. I first came to Tarifa back in 1984. That was a time when windsurfing was still in its infancy and Tarifa was only known to a few.

Since then, I have been back numerous times (about a dozen) and the local town has grown almost exponentially in popularity since the 80s but lost none of its charm.

One thing has stayed the same, the Hurricane Hotel. It still has that distinct Moorish flavour it had when I first visited almost 40 years ago! Perched majestically here, right on the edge of one of the world’s busiest shipping lane, between the opposing coasts of Europe and Africa it has the dignity and splendour as of a grand dame of Europe.

The rooms have all been upgraded and improved over time to match the growing clientele; they all come uniquely decorated with ac for the scorching summers and central heating (yes it does get cold here in winter!) for those colder nights. The food is fabulous, in keeping with much of the high quality Mediterranean cuisine in this Andalusian area, with wines to match.

Night life is all around and of your choosing – but I prefer to lounge in the gardens stargazing over the Straits with good company and a good wine. In case you hadn’t noticed, I love this place!

Room tip: Book a see-facing luxury suite if one is available!
Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
José Ramón V, Manager at Hurricane Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 May 2018

Thank you for your lovely comments! The Hurricane Team

Reviewed 23 April 2018

Great hotel with and very happy feel. Lovely clean rooms with crisp sheets and nice bath products. Flower beds could possibly do with a bit of attention but it was a relaxed atmosphere so what can you expect.

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you for your comments! We’re glad you enjoyed your stay. We’ll make sure to give the flower beds some extra attention from now on. :) The Hurricane Team