All reviews glass door old town small hotel street noise the main street minute walk curtains tangier
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

The hotel is beautiful, centrally located, the bathroom has a weird design, but it is not a big deal. There is not always someone at the hotel reception, but she is a phone call away and very helpful. However, the cons of this lovely hotel is that on the night of my stay I got to hear everything that was happening next door. It was like watching a Spanish love movie. Ugh. They should change either the layout or the walls.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 April 2017 via mobile

Their WiFi really sucks. Keeps dumping me out. The room has lots of space but is very poorly laid out. Rick Steves recommends but not me. The shower is in the middle of an open space with opaque doors. The toilet is on one side of the shower and the sink is on the other side. There is no soap dish in the shower so you have to constantly reach to the sink for the soap. Since the shower is in the middle, the floor by the sink and around the toilet are wet and slippery most of the time. There is no one at the reception desk at any time during the day. If you need something, you call her and she will eventually bring it to you. Maybe timely, maybe not. The hotel is centrally located which is its best feature. Five minute walk to the Tangier Ferry, lots of bars and restaurants close by, and about a fifteen minute walk to the bus station. Not much in Tarifa unless you are a surfer or are going to Tangier. Oh and there are no elevators. I think the hotel was empty or almost since there were keys hanging in almost every door, but she put us on the third floor which meant climbing very tall steep dark stairs. I think there are better values elsewhere in Tarifa. Maybe spend some time digging for them.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 February 2017

We needed a place to stay for one night prior to heading out on the ferry to Tangier. We made the reservation online hours before arriving. The hotel host was very accommodating to our request to get us in at the last minute. Like the other reviewers mentioned, it is very minimalist and clean. The bed was very comfortable.

Stayed: January 2017
Reviewed 11 October 2016

My client stayed for 2 nights, 9/11 and 9/12. Yes, it was centrally located and a short distance to the port; however, the room had a smelly shower and the a/c didn't work the second night. They slept with the windows open because of these 2 problems.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2016 via mobile

A perfect little hotel! The service was amazing and extremely friendly! The hotel is super clean, my room isn't very big but it has what I need and makes up for it in charm. When I open my doors I'm looking out on the Main Street and throughout the day there are street performers singing. There are tons of fabulous restaurants and bars right outside the hotel. The person who runs the hotel is very friendly and helped me find someone for kitesurfing lessons and gave me tons of great advice for touring the local area. I could not have asked for a better place and I will definitely return!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo