“Excellent”

and 1 more site!
Hotel El Escondite del Viento
Ranked #4 of 34 Tarifa B&B and Inns
Reviewed 20 September 2013

We came to Tarifa for the wind- which let us down- but the hotel did not. Charming owner, very helpful, nice simple rooms, great wifi, and well priced. Great location to the historic part of Tarifa and the beach. We swam in both the Atlantic and Mediterranean. Gorgeous.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hotel El Escondite del Viento

Reviewed 26 June 2013

This hotel is in a great location. It's at the centre of the old town but not directly on top of the noisy clubs. The owner, Alejandra is very helpful, kind and most importantly genuine.

The rooms are clean, charming and the beds very comfortable (memory foam).

Only had breakfast once, but was nice coffee and a fruit salad.

I don't always give great reviews but this is a nice little Hotel in Tarifa.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Starmatthewuk
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I reached the hotel late on Saturday night, there was a huge traffic jam along the coast, as people were leaving the large beaches. In the old Tarifa it is not easy to find a parking space but I managed to get one near the harbor. I was a little worried about my late arrival time but the owner was still waiting for me and she has been absolutely friendly.

The building faces a nice and animated alley, 1 minutes far from the ones full of bars and restaurants. You are in the heart of the crowded pedestrian center but not so close to not sleep if you want to, ideal location.

The common spaces are tiny and finely decorated, you can also have the very good breakfast outside in the alley if you like. The ambient is cool and relaxed.

I expected nice rooms but they were even better: simply but finely decorated, clean and wide. I loved the bathroom too, very well designed.

I can't think a better place to stay in the center of Tarifa.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank matsoc
Reviewed 25 September 2012 via mobile

Just stayed one night here and would have happily added another few.
Comfortable room and pleasant continental breakfast.
Very helpful service.
Be aware - Glass bathrooms in the bedrooms - shower completely transparent and thin muslin to cover toilet area.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank abigail_flutterby
Reviewed 31 July 2012

we stayed here for the last 2 days of our hols.

a short move from our previous hotel. very stylistic and oozes charm and splendour.
breakfast included and outdoor space on the roof.
superb shower, room tick most boxes if you want one thing it would be mini fridge for obvs reasons.
all in all do stay here, I dont think you will disappointed.

thanks again to the team.

Room Tip: any that are at the back or roof.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Outside101
Reviewed 30 July 2012

My family (ranging in age from 21 to 71) enjoyed a great stay at the Hotel El Escondite in June, 2012. Alejandra was there to greet us and she just could not of been nicer. She was so helpful, giving us lots of tips on the town, food, drink, etc. In addition, she gave us some "must sees" in the towns that surrounded Tarifa. We referred back to her information many times during our trip and she definately steered us in the right direction. The hotel was perfect. The location was great, the room was clean and plenty big. As mentioned in other reviews, the bathroom situation was a little "odd", as it's completely open which is hard when there were 3 of us in the room and really allowed for no privacy. Oh well, it made us closer.....

I would go back to Tarifa and the Hotel El Escondite in a heartbeat. I have raved about the hotel since we've been back.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2012

I truly enjoyed being in Tarifa, but I must admit that I hated our hotel room at El Escondite del Viento. Horrible, horrible bathrooms. Just because something is trendy, does not mean that it is comfortable or practical. The see - through glass walls of the bathroom were ridiculous. I have seen this type of configuration before and have avoided it - somehow I missed the fact that this sort of bath was in the hotel or I would never have booked - my mistake.
I feel I must warn people of this situation. There was a mold smell coming from the bathroom that was so strong we had to keep the window open. The view out the window was of a destroyed building. It was covered in trash. Even if I did not own the property next door, I would have made an effort to keep it from being an eyesore for my customers.
On the up side, the location was excellent and the staff was thoughtful, fixing us breakfast when we had an early bus - but then again, breakfast did not even begin until 9am.
The bed was very comfortable.
Truly - even if you are the best of friends and/or lovers - there are just some things you don't want to share. Don't get the room with the glass bathroom!

Room Tip: Check the bathroom before you book. Make sure that you do not have the see-through bath.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple