“Turned out great!”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Dulce Nombre
Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Tarifa
Reviewed 5 May 2013

We stayed there this week-end because we were looking for a not too expensive place near Tarifa. It turned out great. Sure the staff/owner is not your standard hotel staff meeting you with a smile and 'how do you do?' but he was genuinely nice and helpful. It is well located if you are looking to be close to Tarifa and the beach area, very clean and very cosy. The bathrooms were new and gleaming (which is not always the case in that kind of hotel), the pool is clean and attractive. Overall it has a great feeling and gave us that feeling of being away and on vacation which we really were looking for. So cheap and cheerful and certainly recommended if you are looking for decent and accomodation

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Sarah C

Reviewed 12 October 2012

This is a pleasant enough hotel, clean, tidy, fairly well situated but the owners are the most miserable bunch I have ever met in my life. I felt like I was causing an inconvenience by staying. And it was not just on one occasion, as I had to stay there again, purely because everwhere else was full. Prices are too high for what you get, Copacabana near by much more reasonable and much more friendly.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PartyHardLondon
ifsTarifa, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Dulce Nombre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 October 2012

Regarding the review of this man "anonymous"
first we do not know if they really stay here, I do not think so.
as first indicated that all very well and is not the first time.
If not the first time ...... that makes you ...
My reasons are that this man may be giving a false opinion.
You always know the prices and what is included in the price.
It is very easy to criticize and publicize other. Perhaps the
Hotel Dulce Nombre can be expensive, but really other hotels
who think they are cheaper, the end result they are much more expensive,
since it does not offer the same services.

attentively
Ignacio f.

Reviewed 4 July 2012

I booked this hotel to take my wife away for a surprise,after booking it i then looked at comments on Trip adviser,After reading various comments i thought i had made a mistake in booking here but i decided to go ahead and thank goodness i did,What a great place the staff were realy friendly the rooms clean and the food great,we used to use 2 different hotels in the area but they have now become very expensive, i would recomend this hotel,we are now planning our next trip here

Room Tip: Speak with the staff for your needs they are happy to help
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank seanwaren
Reviewed 2 July 2012

I really must review this hotel as it was so pleasantly surprising.

My wife and I needed a couple of nights away and having decided on Tarifa, the first thing we did (of course!) was check Tripadvisor for reviews.

We nearly didn't choose Dulce Nombre as a result of some of the negatives we saw on older reviews, but the pool was the deciding factor so we decided to give it a go.

I have to say I'm so very glad we did! Expecting the worst we arrived at the hotel to a very warm welcome from the owners.
We were shown to our room and were extremely surpised to find that it ticked all of our boxes - fabulous sweeping sea view, giving us a birds-eye vista of the beautiful sand dunes to the right, the Atlantic Ocean in front and all the way over to Tangier Morocco to the left. I could have sat on the balcony for hours.

The room was very clean. The bathroom was fairly modern and spotless. The decor was dark but this was a welcome escape from the heat outside.
The room was very spacious with a brand new plasma screen tv. Wireless internet free of charge and with a good strong signal.

The pool area was definitely the biggest winner of our trip. A very good size but not massive, surrounded by a well tended lawn and plenty of shade under the trees. The other guests were very friendly, the whole experience of sitting by the pool was very relaxing and not noisy.

The area is well sheltered from the Tarifa winds by a large hedge.

The beach and sand dunes are very close by. If you know Tarifa, this hotel is just past the Farmacia and just before the Mexican restaurant (a must if you are going to stay here!).

The staff looked after us very well. The food was delicious. I cannot understand why any reviewer would say they were rude. Anyone who knows Tarifa will realise that "Tarifeños" have a certain manner about them in general which is not rudeness, possibly just a little different from what the reviewer below is used to.

In summary - this hotel is a very good 3* hotel. I feel some of the reviewers below have been unfair and possibly reviewing it as if it were a 4*, which it's not and doesn't pretend to be.

Clean, Friendly, Relaxing, great location, lovely pool. Ideal for a quiet getaway with family or friends.
Thank you to the team at Dulce Nombre for looking after us so very well.

Room Tip: Choose room 105. It is about 20€ more expensive per night but nearly double the size of the standard...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank steveburns
Reviewed 19 June 2012 via mobile

We've been coming for the last 10 years. We have watched as this small family run hotel has grown into a very comfortable place to stay. The rooms and apartments are very simple perhaps sparse but nevertheless well kept up and very clean. The owners are locals and although some on Trip Adviser have mentioned that they are unfriendly we personally find them to be very friendly. They may be a little reserved but do not mistake that for unfriendliness. The location a few kilometers outside of Tarifa is fantastic close to one of the best beach bars in all of the area. Rest assure we will be back very soon.

• Stayed: June 2012
3  Thank EU-Travelwriter
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Great apart hotels, very clean with kitchenette. Located exactly a few miles away from the downtown Tarifa. i will recommend. Thanks for the good stay

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank barceloneta
Reviewed 2 September 2011

At a loss as to how to review this place. The reception area looks cosy, nice seating etc. Nice pool area.... But what's with the service, or utter lack of it?? The car park was full of cars but no one was around, the bar seemed open, but no one was serving. It's like a film set... I don't doubt Norman bates was upstairs somewhere. I found it eerie and the chap on reception utterly charmless. I think it is a family run business going into crumbling decline. On the plus side the fabulous hotel tres mares is just at the bottom of the lane... Thank goodness. I would avoid this place unless completely desperate and everywhere else is full. I would highly recommend the tres mares next door. Oh... And if the chap on reception doesn't reply when you greet him, look him in the eye and say 'hola' again loudly and deliberately so he knows you mean business! Rude is not the word. Utterly desolate charmless place.

• Stayed: August 2011