“A disappointment”
Review of Costa Adeje Garden

Costa Adeje Garden
Ranked #26 of 35 Speciality Lodging in Adeje
Reviewed 21 April 2013

Me and my husband spent a week here in March. I have written lots of reviews in the past, but Im finding this one difficult to summarise.
The appartment is very dated, with old scratched/chipped furniture, a dodgy toilet that just continued to flush and a kitchen area with minimal utensils etc. There are no matress protectors on the beds and I had a ltlle glance at the matress-but wished I hadnt! The whole place needs a thourough update. A bidet had been removed from the bathroom which had left a big hole and stain on the floor. There seemed to be no maid service - we asked for a clean twice at reception and the bins were emptied but we couldnt see anything else that was done.
There were positives though. We made a hash of the safe by forgetting our combination and all our money/passports etc were inside. The staff were very helpful and got someone to help us within the hour. The main plus was the view, which was absolutely specactular. Also, the pool area was lovely. However, there were no parasols, and we were only able to stand the heat due to a lady from the little pool bar lending us one.
There was no bar other than the little pool one, and this was a disappointment. However, it did make it very quiet and peaceful, and it turned out to be a very relaxing holiday.
In one of the drawers was an information booklet about the 'Bel Air' which confused me. It didnt take us long to figure out that this was the name of the Time Share appartment, and if you look this up on Trip Advisor it will tell you all you need to know.....
The area is a bit isolated. There were no shops you could nip to without tacking the Hill (and it really is Cardiac! Ive walked up some hills in my time but this takes the biscuit!) Taxis are very cheap though, and there are some nice restaurants nearby if you dont want to walk far at night. I definately warmed to Adeje though, and would like to return, but definately not to these appartments. Steer clear.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rainbow6

Reviewed 5 April 2013

I booked Costa Adeje Garden (CAG) with full confidence it would be a nice place to stay for my family. The listed photos are good and the feedback is somewhat similar to 3 stars UK run resorts on the island with very similar descriptions and photos. Unfortunately, CAG is nothing close to the latter resorts. I have got a bad feeling upon seeing the lobby, which looked like a cheap youth or backpackers hostel's reception. The big guy at the front desk didn't smiled and seem to pay no attention at all, nice attitude toward customers. Well, my biggest mistake was to give them my credit card details, before actually checking the room. The card was charged and upon entering the room 234B with my family we were literally devastated. The room looked so tired and old, in need of renovation it even had an broken electrical socket sticking out with opened wiring. 'Apartment' had a nasty smell, like and old public toiled was just treated with chloride. The kitchen lacked many utensils was old and overused reminding of a shared kitchen in students dormitory. The sofa in the room had so many spots we did not dare to sit on it. Bedroom had crude two single beds, albeit I have asked in my email for a double bed, no body carried about it. Internet was not free, although in my reservation it was stated free. But that is a small problem compared to the service and room. We refused to stay and moved out the same hour, was able finding nice family resort for the similar price and saving my families holiday. If you want to experience what it is like to have holiday in deserted soviet Chernobyl's hotel, Room 234B in CAG is way to go, certainly good for zombies, not for the Family with Small Children.

Room Tip: Book hotel with a regular debit card having MasterCard or Visa logo with no money on it. Upon arriva...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
5  Thank 679Luke
Reviewed 24 December 2012

I stayed at the Costa Adeje Gardens for 18 days in November and it is the best equiped apartment I have been in Tenerife
I was in a 1 bed apartment which was more than adequate. The bedroom was large, as was the living room with a satelliteTV at no extra cost. The best was the kitchen which had a kettle, toaster, microwave a large fridge freezer and best of all a full 4 ring cooker with grill and oven. You normally have to hire most of these things.
The pool area is large with loads of free sunbeds and it was never too busy when I was there.
There is a pool bar there but no bar in the hotel or any entertainment. This is not a problem as there are many bars close by which cater for all holidaymakers.
The only bad thing i have to say about the hotel is the location. It is half way up Cardiac Hill. The hill is extremely steep once you walk past Aqualand and it took me a few days to acclimatise.
The restaurants down the hill are all very good especially Francis and Marios. For the best portion size of any restaurant, try the Grande Paella down by the port. The sizes of the plates of food served are remarkable. It is mainly locals that go there but it is always busy and the food is good.
I have been to Tenerife 8 times this year and am going again next month.
The people who live there are it's best asset. They are friendly, helpful and I have never had any problems if I ask for something that is not on the menu.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Torrynorm
Reviewed 2 December 2012

Had a lovely sized room, extra large balcony. Pool area kept tidy, pool cleaned daily. Plenty of Sunbeds available and the area receives the sun all day. Pool bar was great, cocktail happy hour at 3 and the lady working in there was so friendly.
Virtully Right opposite when you leave is the Tudor rose pub, always playing the latest sport or even the soaps if you can't miss them. Next door is a resturant. Short walk down the hill and you're at more pubs, restaurants. The Indian just over the bridge called Bombay. FANTASTIC.
I would stay here again no question.

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank JCPN
Reviewed 4 November 2012

xllnt service welcoming friendly with great pool and bar facilities, really friendly and helpful. walk down to beach is good but back up is very steep!! not good for wheelchairs or pushchairs but taxi only 4euros.

Room Tip: most rooms have sea views
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
10  Thank Julie C
Reviewed 29 October 2012

Booked a 2 bed apt for family of 5. Two double bedrooms and a double sofa bed in the living room. Good size apts and nicely furnished, bit lacking in some kitchen utensils if you're planning on doing much cooking but we managed ok as only really did breakfast and lunch and went out for dinner.

Pool bar on site is very reasonably priced and the couple who run it are very friendly & helpful too. Good sized pool but no shallow end and it's salt water. Had the pool to ourselves quite often as many of the apts are owned or rented long-term so most were at work during the day.

Location is ok, walking distance into the main Costa Adeje area but a killer hill to walk back up to the apt, we usually got a taxi back as it was only a few euros. We also walked to Siam Park, took about 15mins and would recommend a visit as it was fantastic, much, much better than Aqualand!

Overall a great break, onsite staff were all lovely and helpful. Kept our room on to 6pm at no extra charge and it was no problem to arrange. Would definately return here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
8  Thank raffles6
Reviewed 27 September 2012

we loved the hotel, the apartment was pretty big, with the huge double bed in the bedroom, the kitchen was equipped with all necessary things to cook, and of course beautiful large terrace with the ocean view, I loved to have breakfast there. The only negative thing was that the hotel is up hill, but for those who rent a car that's not even a problem. and the taxi to the hotel is only 3 euros.
I would definitely come back there next time

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple