All reviews yoga retreat natural materials yoga hall sweat lodge common kitchen website pictures charming cottage min drive canary islands private terrace swimming pool aday steiner waldorf teachings accommodation tenerife
Reviewed 25 February 2018

We just spent a nourishing and delightful week (February 2018) at Hacienda Cristoforo. This magical place will always remain in our hearts and imagination. Cristoforo has an extraordinary presence of peace, beauty, enchantment and soulfulness. The creator, Denis Devaris, has created a remarkable masterpiece as a whole. His use of local natural materials, care for fascinating details and unique design are nourishment for the Soul. It was a joy to meet and chat with Denis on the grounds. He is a warm, welcoming and gentle being.
We are especially grateful for the warm and hospitable welcome from Thomas, the manager at reception. He was professional, helpful, funny and very service-minded. We appreciate all the staff we met, but Thomas was the one we interacted with most.
Our room was called Venus and it was charming room/space with semi-outside kitchen and shower areas. It had a very private terrace space. We truly loved it all.
Everytime we entered the grounds of Hacienda Cristoforo, we felt like we left a bustling world behind and entered a sacred vibration.

Date of stay: February 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lawrence F
Reviewed 17 January 2018

i highly recommend Hacienda Cristoforo as a spiritual sanctuary ! I was blessed to partake in a yoga retreat with Aday Garcia for a week this January 2018.The Hacienda is place of exceptional beauty ,unique and inspiring.I felt at home ,at ease and delighted by a natural ,carefully created and curated holistic environment.Denis Devaris ,the architect and creator is a inspirational presence ,to welcome you in to his divine creation.Aday Garcia ,hosted our yoga retreat-a wonderful experience! Aday is an excellent yoga teacher and guide.This retreat is beyond a mere physical asana practice, i found it to be a very spiritual experience. Being a yoga teacher myself,i learned so much from Aday , his teachings are universally beneficial to people of any level (or no) experience.Aday guided us on many hikes,walks, ocean swims. The sweat lodge in the mountains was a high light for me,a very authentic experience.This is a magic theatre- if you want to reconnect with yourself in an authentic way- go hang out with these light filled souls. i am most grateful to have shared in this exceptional soul adventure ! I hope to return next year- the weather, accomadation and food were also fabulous !

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
7  Thank sineadnicgearailt
Reviewed 7 January 2018

I traveled to Hacienda Cristoforo in November in quite bad health. I came in a couple of nights before Aday's yoga retreat starting. I loved my stay and the yoga so much that I extended the stay also after the retreat was finished. There are regular classes that you can attend also outside the retreats.
I came home totally rejuvenated and the good energy has kept me going very well even in the harsh northern winter . Hacienda is very grounding place. The houses and the area is of very special architecture with natural materials only. I stayed first in the yoga group house next to animals which I adored. I could give left overs from vegetables and fruit to the grateful crowd of sheep and ducks and other creatures. The rest of my stay I lived in another house with two bedrooms and a fancy but creatively built bathroom and common kitchen.
Adays yoga is subtle but very powerful. I started yoga about 20 years ago and even performed as a yoga instructor before falling ill. His knowledge of giving yoga class that suits various experience levels is great. But a bikram type sporty yoga it is not and one needs to give in for the subtleties and breathing. I will continue to do yoga after the long break now thanks to the retreat. It was absolutely lovely to attend classes with birds singing, small fountains of water running or in the beautiful hall - feeling your inner and physical strength returning!
Also the excursions that were part of the yoga retreat were special. Among other programmes I especially enjoyed the trek to an isolated, almost private beach with black hot sand and the silent trek high above the clouds in pine forests and volcanic ground and also the dance meditation. I think we all learned a lot from Adays insights and ourselves.
It was nice to meet our group from all over the world and I treasure the memories and new friends. You can get also many powerful treatments in Cristoforo - I experienced Adays energy treatment/ massage and Barbaras spine treatment which is a true miracle.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
4  Thank RiikMaria
Reviewed 5 January 2018

In November 2017 I spent a wonderful week in Cristoforo, Aday Garcia's yoga retreat. The place is an oasis of peace in the area populated by tourists. Also climate is perfect there, sunny and warm, not too hot. We lived in a charming cottage beside the biodynamic garden of Cristoforo. Aday is a skilful yoga teacher and I loved his yoga; we enjoyed various exercises in the beautiful yoga hall, garden and seaside. We also had great excursions to the environment: hiking in the Teide pine forest, Alcala village, Medano Beach and made a sea trip to see dolphins. Some of our group had come up with something completely different from Cristoforo, but the rest of the group had incredibly lots of experiences during the week and also a lot of peace and contact with wonderful people. Some were not happy with their room near the shelter and the common kitchen. The place works ecologically, but on request the rooms were cleaned and linen changed. At first the food did not meet our expectations, but immediately after the comments Aday arranged a good chef to make excellent meals. I can recommend Aday's retreats in Cristoforo, where you can also choose to stay for only one night while enjoying the unique place.

Trip type: Travelled solo
5  Thank marja2018
Reviewed 4 January 2018

Hacienda Cristoforo is a truly beautiful oasis where everything just oozes tranquility and peace. The atmosphere is extremely grounding and serene, actually to the point that it's healing. I have personally always liked the island of Tenerife, its nature and the energy you feel there and somehow being at Cristoforo feels like that same energy amplified.

The yoga retreat I took part in consisted of different kinds of activities; we did a long hiking in beautiful surroundings near volcano Teide, visited many fantastic beaches and on one occasion we even got to see dolphins and whales on a boat trip which was truly amazing! Yoga classes took place in a Balinese style wooden house, which again was another beautiful and peaceful place to be in Cristoforo. The yoga was mainly light hatha - type of yoga, meditation and mantras and also a bit of more physical yoga outside beneath the palm trees.

After the week I felt more energised and peaceful. Despite chanting mantras sometimes felt like being out of my comfort zone, I think it was still very beneficial doing so and also some of the meditations were really intense and healing experiences to me. I would have preferred a more structured program but afterall I left home with many experiences richer, having met wonderful people and feeling very relaxed with new energy.

5  Thank LauraRuu