Hotel Riu Arecas
  • Pool
  • Beachfront
Iberostar Anthelia(Costa Adeje)
US$267
GF Fanabe(Costa Adeje)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$115
US$153
US$141
Melia.com
US$148
GF Gran Costa Adeje(Costa Adeje)
US$164
US$155
  • Breakfast included
Bahia del Duque(Costa Adeje)
US$1,190
US$383
US$357
1,699 results
All reviewsinfinity poolresident bandspanish restaurantresident groupcosta adejehouse bandlovely hotelplenty of sunbedsprivate beachbreakfast and dinnersea frontsister hotelevening entertainmenthalf boardfishing villagerelaxing holidayquiet area
Reviewed 9 May 2013

Just came back from 2 weeks Riu Arecas. Had a great time. The hotel is large but not too large. There are many guests but not too many. You can move around comfortably. And the small walk to the fantastic El Duque Beach is a nice walk, not too far away. Every other day outings to watch dolphin's, vulcano's and spectacular walks, the other days just lying by the pool. Perfect holiday!
What's good about the hotel is the extremely friendly and cordial service the staff provides, which is worth more than many of the 'efficient' four star hotels I've stayed in. This is really a hotel dedicated to provide you with a good time during your holiday. It's not hip, but simply gNice buffets, no Michelin quality, but just honest good, and freshly made food, same table every evening with your bottle of wine you didn't finish yesterday but can still finish the next day. Waiters who remember you the next day and know what you want to drink. Just good old fashioned service for a very reasonable price. Only pity was that there weren't that many children around, as we travelled with a young child of 8. the hotel seems to attract a more (significant) elderly audience. On the other hand, a hotel filled with only children would drive us crazy. So this would be my only suggestion to the management, to try to get more diversity among the guests. Otherwise a very good choice.

Room Tip: high floor, sea view, corner room
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank yanyan222
Reviewed 8 May 2013

After visiting Riu hotels before, we knew what to expect. My wife and I were very impressed with the staff throughout the hotel,happy and always willing to assist in any way possible.The pool area is quite good,but we did find,especially at weekends,the ' towel brigade ' were out in force when it was very busy.There are adequate beds,even if a little close together,but the hotel should enforce the no towel reserving policy.There was no problem during the week,even though there were a few towels out. Typical pool beds,a bit uncomfortable after a while,but ok. The food in the restaurant was good,plenty of choice.As with buffets,one cannot expect the food always to be hot, but the quality was good.The tables are quite close together,as has been mentioned,but fortunately,this did not pose a problem..Our only complaint were the beds. VERY hard. It may be that as we get older,we do not have the ' natural padding ', and younger people might not notice, but we certainly woke up each morning,with aching hips! The bedrooms are fine,clean and tidy.The hotel is a little bit away from Costa Adeje shops etc, but as long as one is able to walk there should be no problem.

Room Tip: All rooms face towards the sea.Depending on what you want,ie. morning sun, afternoon sun pool view etc. it is best to contact the hotel directly,prior to your visit.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VincenzoFrancisco
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I have recently returned from the Riu Arecas and overall had a very good experience but there are some downsides (not many) the positive points are well described by many other contributors so I will not expand on them.

My only negative experiences were the following:

The dining tables are much too close to each other , for breakfast it is not really an issue as you can sit anywhere in the restaurant but for the evening meal it is an issue, as the table is allocated to you for the duration of the holiday, you end up not being able to have private conversations as your neighbour is effectively sitting at the same table. Part the way through the week that we were there we had NEW neighbours and I can say without contradiction they were the most deeply unpleasant, self centred and self opinionated couple I have had the displeasure to meet in my life, luckily I was able request another table for the balance of the holiday in another part of the restaurant.

Note to management if you want to increase the bar takings at night replace the Trio who plays there , I have never seen bar areas cleared more effectively other than by fire alarms , they looked bored and sounded bored, I know entertainment is very personal and I not expecting a West End show quality but please!

My only other gripe was the reception which I found to be very hit and miss in how they reacted to you, in my experience they were not particularly helpful unless you were Spanish or German and god help you if you were French. When asked simple questions I got curt answers or on the worst occasion untrue information. I had asked for the room to be extended due to a late flight and I was told the hotel was full and it was not possible but I had been on the Riu web site minutes before I asked the question and it was showing plenty of rooms available for that day!

The positive points there lots of the them:

Hotel in good decorative order
Very Clean
Overall friendly staff (see above)
Very quiet location
Good Rooms
Pool area immaculate
Good availability of beds
Food choices good
Internet access sensibly priced (still believe it should be free but they are a business)

Would I go back?........Yes it worth putting with the problems

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Coupe-man
Reviewed 6 May 2013

We stayed at this hotel Riu Arecas in April 2013. The whole holiday was ruined when a ring went missing from our hotel room on the first day of our holiday. The management were un-cooperative and would not take any responsibility for the missing ring or for their staff. Make sure you use the room safe at all times.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NEWCASTLE47
Reviewed 2 May 2013

This was our third trip to Costa Adeje, i decided to book the Arecas for one week on a half board basis. We arrived around 2:30 am and was met by a very helpful member of staff, after checking in we were informed a cold meal was waiting for us. I was a dissapointed with the room that was allocated to us it was situated on the ground floor and unfortunatly we did not have a nice view.
The staff were friendly and helpful the meals were ok. Having stayed in the Riu Palace about 5 years ago I just felt there was something amiss with the Arecas

Room Tip: Try not to placed on the ground floor by the tennis court
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple