Hotel Riu Arecas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Altamira(Costa Adeje)
HOVIMA Altamira(Costa Adeje)
Altamira Apartments(Costa Adeje)
  • Beachfront
View Hotel
Bahia del Duque(Costa Adeje)
1,678 results
All reviewsinfinity poolresident bandspanish restaurantresident groupcosta adejehouse bandlovely hotelplenty of sunbedsprivate beachbreakfast and dinnersea frontsister hotelevening entertainmenthalf boardfishing villagerelaxing holidayquiet area
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 21 May 2014

This is our first visit to the Riu Arecas and hopefully not our last. We've had a really enjoyable and relaxing stay. The rooms are clean and spacious and the wardrobe space and plenty of draws is very good( which is rare for a hotel). It was good that we could have use of the gym and spa facilities of the sister hotel riu palace. There was a good and varied choice of food for breakfast and evening meals .

Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
6  Thank Clare M
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We have just returned from a 10 day holiday and can honestly say that I could not fault anything with this hotel. From reception staff ,waiters and our room cleaner nothing was too much trouble. Our room was spotless every day. We where given a room on the ground floor overlooking the church on arrival and where told that it was only for one night as they would give us a high floor overlooking the pool next morning as we had requested. However after a very quiet night sleep we decided to stay on ground floor. We had 10 nights uninterrupted sleep ,very quiet and the church bells were pleasant to listen to. I am a fussy eater but always found something nice for meals. Will definitely return. Well done riu.

Room Tip: We where in room 91 ground floor. Had shade till mid afernoon. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank lilacoon
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We have just returned from a weeks holiday to this hotel travelling with Thomson.
As with all Riu hotels you are guaranteed quality. Arriving quite late 9.00 p.m. we were advised to leave the check in ritual and go straight in for dinner. After a pleasant meal we completed the check in requirements and went to our room (2017) on the second floor. Quite a large room, twin beds, two armchairs, decent sized bathroom, loads of wardrobe and drawer space, balcony, Air con and fan. The only downside was an old style TV.
The food, not a bad selection on offer for both breakfast and dinner. A little bit repetitive but a decent variety on offer to meet most if not all tastes. The service was first class with friendly and attentive staff.
The pool area was good. 2 decent size pools and a paddling pool for children. Loads of sunbeds. Towels provided from Reception when producing your towel card. You were also given a keycard when arriving to give you access to the sister hotel next door and the many facilities available but not use of their pool. The fitness team organised several poolside activities. There is also a very good pool bar.
There is a large bar/entertainment area.
Going from the hotel a short walk brings you to the promenade. Turning left will take you to several very nice restaurants and bars and will lead you to a superb designer shopping mall (20/30 mins. walk) Turning right onto the promenade leads you to a small old fishing village (15/20 min walk) where there are 3 or 4 good fish restaurants and right at the end a restaurant serving a variety of food.
The hotel itself was built in 1998 although it looks considerably younger from the outside.
My only criticism is that some of the fixtures and fittings (taps and old TV) are needing replacement and I was told by the Hotel Director the hotel is due for refurbishment next spring.
I would certainly recommend this hotel. I don't think you will be disappointed.

Room Tip: Try to avoid rooms 2030 - 2032 as I believe these were located near an air con generator.compressor and hotel deliveries and waste management.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank XLU
Reviewed 8 May 2014

If a spotlessly clean environment and extremely friendly and helpful staff are important factors on your holiday then stay here.I could not fault the cleaning-and Im very fussy about that.The waiters were very attentive in the dining areas and tables always clean and well presented.The reception staff were exceptional, even the smallest thing was no trouble and they were always smiling even when VERY busy! I had a few problems whilst on holiday and they were very kind and helpful.On my birthday I received a bottle of bubbly at dinner, and the reception staff had sent a bottle of nice red wine and card to my room while we were out during the day! a very thoughtful and nice surprise.The hotel is in a lovely peaceful area and you can use the Riu Palace spa next door.My daughter and I had some fabulous treatments,and I had the best remedial total body massage ever.As a qualified masseuse I know the procedures,and the therapist was exceptional.The food could be improved upon,although the salads,breads,and porridge were excellent.Room furnishings a little jaded too but this is more than compensated for by the excellent staff,cleanliness and fabulous cocktails.Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: the third or fourth floors overlooking pool and sea, and from the righthandside you can see mountains behind too.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank Brenda K
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We had a great break at this hotel in late April/early May. The weather was glorious and the surroundings peaceful and idyllic.Friendly hotel at the staff made it the perfect battery charger for a winter-weary couple!

Room Tip: Ask for a higher room to avoid a duff view. Double bed was uncomfortable for a tall guy so maybe put up with twins!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple