“A Heavenly Place”
Review of La Finquita

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Adeje
La Finquita
Ranked #3 of 6 Adeje B&B and Inns
Birmingham, United Kingdom
“A Heavenly Place”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I used to live on Tenerife but down in the hustle and bustle of the town so I never missed staying the weekends at one of the best eateries on the Island, I lived there, I tried them all. but this is the only one that offered a fabulous dining experience coupled with the tranquility of the mountains and spectacular views over the harbour, towns and ocean. A treat not to be missed.
It's courteous owners & staff go overboard to make you welcome.

Peter Stephen Drew
Manager / Director / Editor. Tenerife Traveller Magazine, Paradise Club, Pearly Grey Ocean Club, Global Group.

Room Tip: Always try their special maranaded Olives, and go for the Lamb, it's cooked to perfection
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Families
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Telford
Reviewed 26 February 2008

My brother and I stayed at La Finquita over Xmas 2006

if Jon Jon Jon from London thought La Finquita was not up to scratch perhaps he should endure the privations of what was meant to be the Hostel Intercambio in La Orotava that is now mysterously known as Hostel Tenerife.

Stayed December 2007
UK
Reviewed 27 November 2007

I was recommended this British run small hotel by an expat out there and stayed twice. I found the owners (a couple of Jordies) quite friendly and helpful although I guess they would be firm with bad behaviour. It is a lovely location well away from the tourist ghettoes high up on a quiet hillside around 500 metres above sea level with views over the coast and to La Gomera giving great sunsets. The garden is quite attractive with a mixture of date palms, grass even cotton. The small collection of animals ranging from the monkey to a micaw, love birds and - canaries would interest children. The pool is ok but unheated. The rooms are fairly simple but light and clean. The food is very plain English and doesn't match the attractiveness of the place but there is no shortage of restaurants a short car ride away. A peaceful place but an occasional group can be noisy in the evenings. Popular with older well behaved Scandinavians. Not suited to young people as too far from the bright lights. I liked it.

• Liked — Location, views, garden, relaxed homely atmosphere, convivial bar, obliging owners
  • Disliked — Restaurant - lets place down
  • Stayed February 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
London
Reviewed 20 June 2007

If you like staying in a place with rude and agressive managers, where a monkey is kept in a bird cage, with cold showers, stodgy tasteless food all nestled beneath constantly fizzing power lines you'll love it here.

At 25 euros it seemed like a bargain so I wasn't sure why I was the only person staying there. Things didn't start that well though. I was told how lucky I was to be getting that rate and then shown my little cell of a room. Basically their worst one, even though the place was empty.

On my 2nd night I got back to find a 20 person poker game going on in the room next to mine. When I asked to swap room for the night rather than constantly ask the poker lot to keep it down Lesley, the manager, told me I was being obnoxious. So I said I would leave the next day and she agreed to give me money back for the 4 nights I wouldn't be staying (paid up front). But the next day she'd changed her tune and said that I had to write a letter to the owners explaining why I wanted my money back as she couldn't do it. She wouldn't give me the owners details so I could get in touch with them and said she'd forward it.

When I questioned this she said she'd have me thrown off the premises. All very odd and a little bit nasty. To be fair, the few times I spoke to Lesley she smelt like she had had a few drinks so maybe I didn't get an accurate picture of what she is like the rest of the time.

Please don't stay here. Unless the mysterious owners who only Lesley can contact decide to promote the monkey and let him run it.

• Liked — Leaving
  • Disliked — Everything except leaving
  • Stayed June 2007, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank JonJonJon

Travellers are raving about these Adeje hotels