Hotel Duran
Hotel Emporda(Figueres)
US$80
US$75
Travelocity
Hotel Los Angeles(Figueres)(Great Value!)
US$58
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel Rambla(Figueres)
US$63
US$61
Hotel Plaza Inn(Figueres)(Great Value!)
US$68
B&B Hotel Figueres(Figueres)(Great Value!)
US$56
Ronda Hotel(Figueres)
Hotel Europa(Figueres)
  • Free Internet
TripAdvisor
All reviewsdali museumone nightla ramblatrain stationshort walkperfect locationrestaurants and shopsper dayclean hotelwithin easy walking distancegreat restauranthotel parkingreasonable pricepastriesmuratgaragetown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2013

If you have come to Figueres to search out Dali, this is the hotel where he and his wife apparently loved to dine. The lobby and the breakfast room are lined with photographs, limited prints and other memorabilia related to Dali.
The hotel is a bit tricky to find... I arrived at the TGV station and had to catch a shuttle in to the bus station. From the bus station, I had absolutely no idea how to find the hotel. It took me about 10 min. to walk to the hotel.Luckily there was a small town map in nearby park that gave me my bearings.
The hotel well located just diagonal from the plaza. The front desk was staffed by a lady who spoke some English. She was polite but reserved. I appreciated her help in phoning the Dali house in Cadaques to see if I could obtain a ticket for entrance on the following day.
My room was okay... nothing special. Bed and pillows were comfortable. However, weird thing was my bed only had a sheet. No blanket, no duvet.... nothing in cupboard. I did not think about the implications of that until the middle of the night when the AC, which came on in the room when you put your keycard in the slot to turn on the lights, became too cool and I had nothing else to add to the bed to get warm. Free wifi and one English channel on TV.
The hotel is close to all attractions, such as the Dali museum, and as well, there are lots of restaurants near by.
I needed to eat breakfast promptly the following morning as I had an early train to catch. I knew the breakfast buffet was to open at 730.... I was there on the dot of 730 and I had to wait for 10 min. as the surly waiter set up tables in the hall to take advantage of the enclosed patio garden view. He avoided all eye contact with me until he needed the chair I was sitting on as I waited. He said something to me in Spanish and I replied in Spanish that I speak only a little Spanish. So I had to stand in the hall another 5 minutes after he took away my chair ... wondering if because now the doors to the dining room were open, was I allowed to enter. Finally I asked if I could go in and he nodded. I entered and found that the choices were very limited.. so I grabbed a yogurt and made a piece of toast ... then the waiter arrived with the trays of warm fresh buns and pain aux chocolats, etc.I had not realized that he had not yet placed out much of the food!The only time the waiter acknowledged me ... and I was the only one in the dining room, was to ask my room number as I exited.
Even the front desk clerk seemed surprised to see me leave early at 815.. the front door was still locked... and this was a Monday morning.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank nutmeg06
Reviewed 16 August 2013

The hotel has a perfect location, minutes away from the major attractions and pedestrianised area. their restaurant is famous for it's food and the people that came to dien. A bit pricy for a family with children though.
The rooms are spacious and very crisp and clean. good beds and amenities. Staff is patient and multilingual (Spanish, French and English).

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 August 2013

This hotel is well located with clean nice rooms and a modern bath. They served a decent breakfast. We had a difficult check in, the woman at the front desk could not find our reservation for about an hour. She also for extended period of time was dealing with another guest where the breakfast which was supposed to be include was not on his reservation. She eventually found this correct reservation and it showed the breakfast was included at the rate quoted.
Very close to the Dali Museo, as well as many restaurants.
Jeremy T.

Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank jeremy t
Reviewed 13 August 2013

We went to Figueres to hear a performance at a summer music festival situated in the Castle Peralada, about 20 min. outside of town. We had no idea how charming Firgueres is, and what a nice side trip from Barcelona it would be.

We found the hotel to be a very good value. We always look for individual boutique hotels (with the help of Tripadvisor!) and Hotel Duran fit the bill. We also look for modern rooms in typical old buildings that have been renovated. We love wood floors anywhere because any amount of cleaning cannot make carpeting clean, and they are very common in Europe, while being very rare in the US. The bathroom was sparkling and beautiful in typical euro-modern fashion, and the beds are very comfortable.

Contrary to some of the negative reviews criticizing the staff, we found them to be extremely helpful and pleasant. We also have been finding breakfasts a bargain, not pricey as someone mentions, at 9-11 euros on average. Our first days in Spain we were going out of the hotel to have our morning espressos, along with a pastry and fresh squeezed OJ (which is everywhere here). By the time you add that up, the breakfast is incomparably worth it. For one thing, we aren't finding cabs or food overpriced now that the dollar/euro ratio has gotten much closer to par and we think we're getting a lot for our money with the hotels. Moreover, here is what we're finding at the breakfasts in all our hotels:

Thinly sliced meats and sometimes smoked salmon, a variety of great cheeses (always great cheese in Europe!), fresh squeezed juices, a selection of cereals, fresh fruit, yogurts, bread and pastries that are very fresh and of high quality, and more. Either espresso drinks are made to order, or there is one of those giant Nespresso machines with a variety of the different pods. We have a small one at home which we bought after experiencing them in Europe. There is always hot milk for coffee which is something you have to ask for in the US. They know how to eat in Europe!
The breakfasts in American hotels are pretty pathetic by comparison, even if they are included.

Location isn't even an issue in Figueres since the town is so small, so long as you're in the center at all.
If you're coming or going by train-----there's only the train and car----the station is a 5 min. ride.

Obviously we were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiggerflute
Reviewed 9 August 2013

We spent 2 nights at the hotel Duran. Friendly, accommodating service. Clean, comfortable and quiet room. Excellent bathroom. The restaurant is exceptional and not at all pricey. Special mention to tony who takes care of the car parking in the garage - lovely man, super helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple