“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Figueres
West Yorkshire, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel Ronda Figueres is a very nice hotel, its within walking distance of the town centre.
The hotel has a free secure car park and is dog friendly.
The rooms are clean and comfortable and most have a balcony.
The food in the main restaurant was very nice and the staff are very helpful, this hotel has 2 restaurants and a cafeteria, and the breakfast was very good with a very good selection of food including bacon and scrambled eggs.
Its the first time we have stayed at this hotel and I have already booked a room for next month!

Room Tip: Try to get an upstairs rooms at the rear of hotel, its quieter.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Moscow, Russia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

Nice rooms and friendly staff. Very comfortable if you are travelling by car – free parking near the hotel. It takes 20 – 30 min on foot to Dali museum. Cross the road near the hotel and walk along the street you will find a lot of cafes with local people. Can be a bit noise because of the traffic near the hotel. I would recommend for car travelers!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
Bonn, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2012

Near to the border of the city with free car parking possibilities. Rooms are clean, quiet and even with German TV (ARD, ZDF) and air conditioning. Great breakfast and cafeteria open all day. 15 minutes walk to the center and Dali museum. Free Wifi. I would stay there again. I liked that the had single rooms for good value.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank JudithBo
Essex/London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

We arrived at Ronda a couple of hours later than we had planned, delayed by forest fires and a closed motorway) and were cutting it fine to make our slots at the Dali museum, so I was keen for an efficient check in which I left my wife to handle as I ran up to our room, having just explained to the guy on reception that I needed to put our valuables in the roomsafe. After several minutes frantically searching the wardrobes and cupboards, I rang reception to ask where the safe was, only to be told there wasn't one !! Not having the time to remonstrate, I dashed back downstairs with my bag of money/cards/watches/passports etc. and asked them to put it in the hotel safe while we were in the museum, the guy did not seem to think that they had one of those either. So, I spent the next 4 hours carrying my goods around Figueres. I would say that 10 minutes is an optimistic time for walking to the Dali expo, so when, after returning to brush up for dinner in town (the main hotel restaurant was closed) I asked the guy on reception to get me a cab, I was disappointed that his first response was "not possible". I quizzed him further, and eventually got him to ring the cab they use for station runs, who arrived within 5 minutes and was very helpful.
On a positive note, the underground parking seems secure and the rooms are clean. This hotel does the job if you are just looking for a place to crash whist visiting the Dali museum, would not choose to stay here for any length of time, but there do not seem to be any 4*+ hotels in Figueres.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank EssexFamily55
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel for one night. It was comfortable and affordable for our budget. Ideally located in case you're up for a walk to the Dali museum. The staff was extremely polite and food at the restaurant was really nice too. Highly recommended!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
Limousin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 November 2011

We stayed here as a one night stopover on our way down from France to Southern Spain. The receptionist (Olga) was really nice and friendly and helpful. She spoke English well. The hotel is on a main road, but well placed to walk into town. Our room had a nice balcony and overlooked the road but the traffic quietened in the night. I would suggest a rear room if you want total quiet - it overlooks waste ground. The room was clean and very comfortable, though the pillows were a bit "bouncy". Nice clean bathroom and a really good shower over the bath.

The hotel was meant to have free wi-fi in all areas, but I couldn't get it to connect. Not sure if it was me or the hotel. For only one night it wasn't an issue. The flat-screen TV had Spanish, french and BBC World Service channels. However, the remote control was dead (maybe needed batteries). I used the TV controls but it was a bit fiddly.

Breakfast was a buffet and there was plenty to eat including bacon and scrambled egg, cold meats, cheese, cereals, pastries, toast etc. The coffee was a bit stewed but OK for that.

It was good value for money and I would stay there again. I didn't get to try the restaurant as we ate out in town, but the menu was a bit pricey.

Overall a good experience.

Room Tip: Book a rear room away from the main road.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Almeria, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2011

This modest immaculate friendly hotel has a superb restaurant with a varied menu and offers excellent service. We have stayed her several times now and have never been disappointed. The downside for us is that they allow dogs in the rooms. On our last stay there were quite a few dogs which were very noisy during the early evening but silent all night long which quite surprised us. It has not put us off and we will return. The staff and management are incredibly friendly and helpful and will go out of their way to please.

Room Tip: ask for a high floor at the back. Whilst the views from the balcony are not as nice as tjose at the...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple