“An enchanted place”
Review of Sigtunastiftelsen

Sigtunastiftelsen
Ranked #4 of 6 Hotels in Sigtuna
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This Sigtuna establishment is not what you will expect on your first visit. At least I was surprised with the atmosphere, peaceful and relaxing place outside time, worry or anything distracting. I have stayed there a couple of times, also with my spouse and baby daughter. Will stay there again, can recommend to anyone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Frank K
There are newer reviews for Sigtunastiftelsen

Reviewed 29 June 2014

At the last minute, we decided we wanted to stay near the airport the night before our flight. The typical airport hotels were full. This was an unexpected surprise and we wished we could have stayed another day to see more of the town. The rooms were pleasant and relaxing. The bathroom was the big, clean and had a nice soaking tub. The hotel and grounds were very peaceful, providing quiet places to relax and reflect. There is a church ruin just around the corner from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Set in wonderful and peaceful surroundings in Sweden's oldest village,this old Nunnery has all the basics for one in need of true peace and spiritual enlightenment from a Christian perspective.
A variety of spacious sitting rooms diversely decorated from the turn of the 20th century through to the mid 50's,it leaves you with a true sense of the Swedish society's innovative taste and superior decorating abilities.A beautiful church is also connected to the hotel.
The rooms,all named after their previous occupants,are simple but dainty in stile.There is no television but one can watch it in a number of the siting rooms if so desired.
Their breakfast is amazing!Varied and diverse and composed of all ecological products.Their restaurant,a true pleasure to dine at.

Room Tip: Spend a little more if you want a bigger room.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bare-with-me
Reviewed 13 February 2014

We stayed at this hotel for a friend's wedding. We had no complaints. A super quiet room, an absolutely superb breakfast, great location but most importantly, absolutely wonderful staff. My glasses (my only pair) broke while staying at the hotel, and the lady at reception phoned her husband who brought superglue from home to fix them. Wonderful. Not only that, but my partner accidentally left his suit jacket at the hotel. The hotel kept it by and are posting it back to us at a very reasonable rate.

Very impressed and I would recommend to anyone, if only for the exceptional staff. Thank you.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I, along with my mother, stayed here for two nights. Hotel is old, but charming with a monastic feel. We booked a double-bedded room, while Mom had a single. Both were clean and adequately ventilated.
+ Bathroom was clean, but no toiletries provided except for the liquid soap installed on the wall.
+ Reception was polite and easy with the free Wi-Fi coupon handouts.
+ Breakfast was adequate, buffet-style.
- No dinner in the restaurant except for sandwiches and salats.
- No tissue paper provided in bathroom/room.

Overall for the money we paid, I would pick this hotel again as it's a good base from which to explore Sigtuna and the surroundings. Town has a charming village center. Short distances to some castles like Skokloster and Rosersberg which we visited.

Room Tip: Rooms on high floor (3rd or 4th) may be airier in the hot summer weeks.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2013

The management did not respond to my emails about the possibility of extending my stay for a day. Then, when I arrived, they simply relegated me to another hotel because they were overbooked for a conference. In the middle of the night I had to drive to another hotel even though I paid for this one and no one ever contacted me with any information. Next morning on my insistence I was driven back. The beds are very uncomfortable, with very hard pillows. But the place is in a very nice, woody location overlooking a lake. The rooms are clean and nice. Pity they do not have competent management.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank travelreluctant
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I've been there for a conference and I found it a relaxing and pleasant place.
Food is good and well cooked (also for the excellent coffee breaks).
The place has a particular atmosphere both warm and relaxing while being concentration-friendly.
Conference facilities were definitely good.
Rooms were clean and confortable with some very "scandinavian" solution.
A strange and unconfortable thing was the absolute absence of drawers in the room, just a place for jackets and pants was present.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sigtuna
Hotell Kristina
#6 of 6 in Sigtuna
Scandic Infra City
Scandic Infra City
#1 of 2 in Upplands-Vasby

Been to Sigtunastiftelsen? Share your experiences!