We had a great mini-break - the hotel is perfectly located on the river (almost in it given the rain we had had !) and 2 minutes from Marlow centre.
The room was smallish but had everything we needed for one night.
The food was pretty good (we were on a package) but the incidentals (drinks before/during/after dinner) certainly ramped-up the bill.
I guess you pay for the location !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Named after Izaak Walton's famous book on angling, the beautiful four-red star Macdonald Compleat Angler is idyllically located on the banks of the River Thames. The hotel is just a short walk from the Georgian town of Marlow, 10 minutes drive from the M4 and just over an hour away from Central London by train. Beautiful both inside and out, enjoy mouthwatering meals from the recently refurbished, three AA rosette-awarded Riverside Restaurant overlooking Marlow Weir or delicious afternoon tea on the terrace. Alternatively, dine in Sindhu by Michelin-starred Indian Chef, Atul Kochhar. For meetings, strategy days or conferences, our meeting facilities are ideal and our 2 brand new SMART board technology board rooms perfect for inspiring great ideas. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotelopia, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, HRS, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Macdonald Compleat Angler reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Marlow
- Macdonald Compleat Angler Hotel Marlow