2,413 results
All reviews riverside restaurant the river feature room marlow bridge indian restaurant lovely location complete angler afternoon tea four poster executive room nespresso machine one night stay special occasion breakfast was excellent wedding anniversary birthday treat lovely room
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had a lovely afternoon tea at the Compleat Angler yesterday. Great choice of teas, fresh sandwiches, warm scones and generous servings of delicious cakes. Being able to sit out and look over the Thames as the sun went down was a real bonus. The hotel is beautifully decorated for Christmas too. Can throughly recommend.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled with family
GMWebster, General Manager at Macdonald Compleat Angler, responded to this reviewResponded 4 days ago

Thank you very much for your lovely review. I am thrilled you had such a good afternoon tea and you appreciated our Christmas decorations. I shall pass on your comments to all the individuals concerned.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

A beautiful charming warm welcoming hotel, I have truly enjoyed my stay. My room was large and comfortable and equipped with a Nespresso coffee machine, nice touch!

Toilet and bathroom are old, hard to believe that there still are basins with separate hot and cold tap.

When I checked in, my room was extremely cold, it seems there had been some fix / maintenance at the heating system, The following days my room was even too warm so all good.

Good choice of cold and warm plates at breakfast, nice bar in the evening for an after dinner drink.

The location is fantastic, just on the bank of the Thames, lovely view.

Recommended.

Date of stay: December 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
GMWebster, General Manager at Macdonald Compleat Angler, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your review. I was delighted to read that my team reacted swiftly to your maintenance request. I am aware that certain bathrooms do need upgrading, this will be a project for 2019. I look forward to welcoming you back to The Compleat very soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked a one night stay, in a deluxe room over looking the Thames with a balcony. The room was a lovely size, very clean, with a nespresso coffee maker, complimentary teas, biscuits and water and nice toiletries . It was not set within the main part of the hotel but a block across the car park, this was not an issue for us, although some may find it as bit of pain to walk outside in the rain to go to breakfast. The block was extremely quiet. The hotel location is ideal for Marlow a 5 minute walk into town for shopping which is great, onsite car park was large. We only ate breakfast the following morning, this was very tasty and well cooked. My only comment to the hotel is that their reception staff could be more welcoming and show a little bit of interest when welcoming guests, I have received better welcomes at other similar hotels and this often sets the standard and feeling for your trip.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback and recent review. While I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay with us, I am disappointed that my reception team did not give you that special welcome you should have received on check-in. I have passed on your comments to Camelia my Front of House Manager who will ensure the team all revisit our standards on meeting and greeting. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I stayed here for two nights while attending a wedding at the hotel. The hotel is very lovely and located next to the river. Staff is very friendly and will try their best to help you. I also tried out one of the restaurants (The Indian one) during my stay there. The food was absolutely fantastic. Overall, I enjoyed my stay a lot and it's a great place to have a wedding!

Room tip: Get a room facing the river and the church
  • Trip type: Travelled solo

Thank you very much for your review. I am most pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us while attending a recent wedding. It is indeed a great place to host a wedding, so thank you for your kind comments.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Had Breakfast in the Restaurant a few times and fancied a stay. Easy check in, bit of a walk to the room (no lift). But worth it, the room was spacious and had all you needed. Really comfy bed !! Bar staff friendly and helpful. We did not eat here in the evening but breakfast overlooking the weir was fantastic. Great choice and very tasty. Not your everyday hotel and most comfortable stay !!!

Date of stay: November 2018

Thank you very much for your review. Very pleased to read you had a great stay and you found my team friendly and helpful. Hopefully on your next visit you can dine with us in our Riverside restaurant or Sindhu. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.