2,425 results
All reviews riverside restaurant the river feature room marlow bridge indian restaurant lovely location complete angler afternoon tea four poster nespresso machine executive room car park one night stay special occasion breakfast was excellent wedding anniversary birthday treat
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Had a fabulous night here with our family as a pre Christmas gathering. From the minute we walked in the door we could tell it was Christmas ! Fabulous Xmas decorations, welcoming staff , great food , absolutely amazing time. Can’t wait to go back on the summer. !!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
GMWebster, General Manager at Macdonald Compleat Angler, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for your recent review. I am so pleased you had a wonderful time with the family and your thought our Christmas decorations were fabulous. I shall certainly pass on your feedback to the team that installed them. I look forward to welcoming you back in the summer where you will hopefully be able to enjoy our fabulous terrace overlooking the river.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We stay here after a trip to Bletchley and way back to London. Marlow is a lovely town and nice for a little Christmas break away.

The hotel room was adequate - nice bedding and bed, clean toilet and shower.

The staff were friendly and welcoming, we didn't use the restaurant and opted to go into town. However the breakfast was quite sufficient.

I'd happily stay again.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review and comments regarding your stay. I do hope you will visit again when passing through and maybe try one of our two wonderful restaurants we have on site for dinner.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Lovely location. Comfortable accommodation with very friendly staff. Great room over looking the weir. Complimentary tea and water and a coffee machine in the room. Fabulous pillows( I’m a bit particular) but best pillows I’ve ever slept on in a hotel

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely feedback regarding your recent stay with us. I am sure your comment about the pillows will be greatly received by futures readers. It's always nice to know that I have the best pillows! I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Beautiful location, overlooking the river nothing better to enjoy a fantastic afternoon tea with the family. We were welcomed and looked after by the whole team. The afternoon tea was exceptionally good with home made warm scones to accompany the selection of sandwiches and cakes. Thank you for the wonderful time.

Trip type: Travelled with family

Thank you very much for your feedback and review. It was lovely to read that my team made you and your family so welcome on this occasion. I look forward to welcoming you back to our special hotel later this year.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We had an amazing lunch at the beautiful Compleat Angler. The location, the view, the food and the staff were amazing. I would like to mention Raj, who looked after us from start to finish. His hospitality was astonishing. He went above and beyond for my mother. We travelled a long way for this and Raj and his team made it very special. Thank you and we will be back soon.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review, I am most pleased you had a wonderful time and Raj and the team were able to look after you so well. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.