2,441 results
All reviews riverside restaurant the river feature room marlow bridge indian restaurant lovely location complete angler afternoon tea four poster executive room nespresso machine one night stay special occasion breakfast was excellent wedding anniversary birthday treat lovely room
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My Girlfriend and I had a 2 night stay in January... As we came over the bridge leading to the hotel we were taken aback by the stunning view over the Thames. Once we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the staff and the wonderful concierge 'Chris', who couldn't have been more helpful over the weekend...The room was lovely and spacious with a lovely balcony view over the Thames... The food was fantastic from the cooked breakfast to the evening meal... The pork belly was a good as the local 'hand and flowers' offering... There's also the option of Atul Kochhar's 'Sindhu' restaurant that was also excellent (first Indian chef to receive a Michelin star) ..Marlow itself is a lovely town with great restaurants and pubs... I'm already looking forward to a return visit!

Room tip: Balcony rooms are good choice, for a lovely view.
2  Thank leedeb7
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were greeted warmly as we entered the foyer and this personal attention continued throughout our stay. The riverside location between Marlow Bridge (1832) and Marlow weir, is lovely, relaxing and yet close to town. The room, though not large, was comfortable and well appointed. Dinner in the Riverside restaurant was excellent quality and imaginatively presented. Breakfast is part buffet but main courses are prepared to order so arrive hot, not 'nearly' as often when on a self service buffet.

A word of caution - some of the building is over 400 years old and, with additions and alterations over the centuries, there are changes of levels so, for anybody with mobility difficulty, be warned that there are steps and stairs to negotiate.

1  Thank mavela2016
GMWebster, General Manager at Macdonald Compleat Angler, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your review and lovely comments. Your advice regarding the stairs and steps are welcomed, however we do have a lift in the new wing that operates access to our 12 feature rooms and 6 classic rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Its rare for a hotel chain to meet all my expectations but on this occasion Macdonald delivered in atmosphere, courteous service and fine dining. We arrived and was welcomed with a friendly professional manner by the Reception staff. Our room was clean with all amenities , including espresso machine, hospitality tray and even a fridge. The bed was good quality which ensured a good nights rest and dare I say a room which was not to hot, which has always been a problem for me. The general feel of the establishment was informal luxury, home from home with unobtrusive staff but there to help whenever required. The food is on par with the best, I rate this restaurant as one of the most atmospheric I have been to in a hotel chain. All in all a fantastic experience. Well done to all concerned.

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. I was delighted to read your comments about our team and the service you received throughout your stay. I shall also ensure I pass on your feedback regarding our Riverside Restaurant to my Head Chef. He will be delighted you think, our food is on par with the best. I very much look forward to welcoming you back for another fantastic experience with us.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Only a one night stay but like Marlow the hotel is a great place to spend sometime.
Very pleasant room despite the outlook across the car park and air conditioning units. But it was a last minute booking and so no real complaints on that front. Everywhere was spotlessly clean, the staff very polite and accommodating.

The only surprise was the price of mixers in the bar. I can to,erase £7 fir a scotch or Vodka, but £5+ fir a mixer seems rather high.

Other than that a great hotel

Room tip: If you can specify, gonfir the river view
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review and positive feedback regarding your bedroom experience. Cleanliness has to be perfect, so it was lovely to read your comments everywhere was spotless. Laura my Head Housekeeper will be delighted with your comments. Regarding our mixers we sell, they are all priced from £2.50 depending on what you buy, currently we are selling a 200ml of tonic/coca-cola at £2.50. I look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I grew up in the area and the Complete Angler is known for its beautiful location. We arrived and yes beautiful as usual, even though January. On arrival, the receptionist who sounded Russian did not get off her phone call to help me for over 15 mins, so the doorman (? sorry if you are not) who was very polite and gracious came to help me check into my room. The girl was still on the phone as we went upstairs. I booked a superior room and paid extra money but the size of the room was still small and the bathroom small. Everything was clean, but a little dated. Despite 2 people being in the room we were only left 1 robe and the hairdryer was broken. The room was freezing on entering, as the hotel had not warmed the room at all for the new guests. The door card turns off heating and air con as you leave the room so you cannot keep the room warm when you are not there which is a fault the hotel need to address. There is a beautiful weir on the river so be sure to ask for a weir view, as we got a bridge view. Did not try dinner, but breakfast was fast and efficient. The staff were all foreign speaking and I am not racist, but I would have preferred to have had staff I could understand more as their English was heavily accented.

Date of stay: January 2019

Thank you for your review. I am sorry that you felt your check in was not efficient as it should be. I have spoken to the individuals concerned and they have reassured me that your waiting time was less than 5 minutes. Whilst I understood that you required a fast check in, this is not always possible if the receptionist is on the telephone to another guest. If this happens to be the case, David and Chris from my concierge team often assist to reduce the waiting time. It is not an unreasonable request for someone to wait just over 3 minutes if it has been dealt with professionally and politely. Regarding the comfort of your room, it is my hotel standard to keep radiators switched off to allow guests to personally adjust the temperature to suit their individual needs. I am sorry you had difficulty in understanding certain team members but I do believe my team all have an excellent command of the English language despite what nationally they are.