2,441 results
All reviews riverside restaurant the river feature room marlow bridge indian restaurant lovely location complete angler afternoon tea four poster executive room nespresso machine one night stay special occasion breakfast was excellent wedding anniversary birthday treat lovely room
Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We had a very nice night in a standard room. Have to say I would prefer a bigger bed and less furniture in the room. A bit too cramped. Bed very comfy however
The staff were friendly and professional. Delicious breakfast with a fab view. Been before and will return

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank hardycotswolds
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We booked a stay at the hotel for our anniversary after enjoying a previous visit a few years before.

Unfortunately we are no longer able to stay on the date booked as my Dad, who was due to babysit our two young children, discovered a potentially cancerous lump on his ear and was given a hospital appointment on the day of our stay to remove it.

We do have a no refund and no transfer booking but given the circumstances and the fact we requested to move the stay to the prior night, a Sunday (with 2 and 1/2 weeks notice) I'd hoped the hotel might have a bit of compassion....unfortunately no such luck with the hotel refusing any option to transfer and choosing to apply a full cancellation charge.

Very disappointing and will not stay at a MacDonald hotel again.

1  Thank RichR8
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My Girlfriend and I had a 2 night stay in January... As we came over the bridge leading to the hotel we were taken aback by the stunning view over the Thames. Once we arrived at the hotel we were greeted by the staff and the wonderful concierge 'Chris', who couldn't have been more helpful over the weekend...The room was lovely and spacious with a lovely balcony view over the Thames... The food was fantastic from the cooked breakfast to the evening meal... The pork belly was a good as the local 'hand and flowers' offering... There's also the option of Atul Kochhar's 'Sindhu' restaurant that was also excellent (first Indian chef to receive a Michelin star) ..Marlow itself is a lovely town with great restaurants and pubs... I'm already looking forward to a return visit!

Room tip: Balcony rooms are good choice, for a lovely view.
2  Thank leedeb7
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were greeted warmly as we entered the foyer and this personal attention continued throughout our stay. The riverside location between Marlow Bridge (1832) and Marlow weir, is lovely, relaxing and yet close to town. The room, though not large, was comfortable and well appointed. Dinner in the Riverside restaurant was excellent quality and imaginatively presented. Breakfast is part buffet but main courses are prepared to order so arrive hot, not 'nearly' as often when on a self service buffet.

A word of caution - some of the building is over 400 years old and, with additions and alterations over the centuries, there are changes of levels so, for anybody with mobility difficulty, be warned that there are steps and stairs to negotiate.

1  Thank mavela2016
GMWebster, General Manager at Macdonald Compleat Angler, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you very much for your review and lovely comments. Your advice regarding the stairs and steps are welcomed, however we do have a lift in the new wing that operates access to our 12 feature rooms and 6 classic rooms. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Kind regards
Gavin

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Its rare for a hotel chain to meet all my expectations but on this occasion Macdonald delivered in atmosphere, courteous service and fine dining. We arrived and was welcomed with a friendly professional manner by the Reception staff. Our room was clean with all amenities , including espresso machine, hospitality tray and even a fridge. The bed was good quality which ensured a good nights rest and dare I say a room which was not to hot, which has always been a problem for me. The general feel of the establishment was informal luxury, home from home with unobtrusive staff but there to help whenever required. The food is on par with the best, I rate this restaurant as one of the most atmospheric I have been to in a hotel chain. All in all a fantastic experience. Well done to all concerned.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you very much for your review and feedback. I was delighted to read your comments about our team and the service you received throughout your stay. I shall also ensure I pass on your feedback regarding our Riverside Restaurant to my Head Chef. He will be delighted you think, our food is on par with the best. I very much look forward to welcoming you back for another fantastic experience with us.

Kind regards