“Nice hotel”

Crowne Plaza Marlow
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Stayed here when we were going to a friends birthday party at the local Rugby Club. Ideal location for the Rugby Club but it is a bit of a trek into Marlow town centre. It is a comfortable hotel with nice quiet bedrooms. Good choice at breakfast with food freshly cooked. Would stay here again if visiting Marlow.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 3 July 2012

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, in particular our hot Buffet Breakfast! I will send your compliments to the Chef.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Hotel Administrator

Write a ReviewReviews (1,670)

Reviewed 25 June 2012

As other reviewers have said, the location of this hotel is a bit odd. The upside is that it is very quiet at night - but the walk into Marlow town centre isn't exactly scenic.
The rooms are what one would expect of a reasonable business hotel - nothing fancy but spacious and well-equipped.
What i really didn't like were the public areas - the entrance lobby is cold and devoid of any charm or aesthetic appeal. The bar is fine but the restaurant is quite simply awful. It is separated from the terrace and gardens by a meeting room - dull dirty-grey net curtains hang on the windows between the two spaces making the restaurant dark even on a bright sunny evening. Having to watch and listen to the antics of whomever was occupying the meeting room wasn't the sort of entertainment I appreciated and the constant parade of waiting staff carrying food through the restaurant to the meeting room was a trifle irritating.
I suppose though I should have been glad for the distraction because the food was simply dreadful and the service well-meaning but hopelessly inefficient. I would thoroughly reccomend that you walk/take a £7 taxi and go into town to eat. The Thai restaurant on the High Street is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Management response:Responded 26 June 2012

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was concerned to read that although you gave a good rating there were a number of points that deemed your stay only 'ok'. I completely appreciate that the modernist style decor of the Hotel might not be to everyone's taste, however I am sure our staff were able to give you a warm and friendly service.

In respect to your comments regarding Glaze Restaurant I have passed your comments on to our Executive Chef and to the Head of Food and Beverage and they assure me that the necessary steps have been taken to ensure that similar situations do not arise in the future.

On behalf of the management team please do accept our sincere apologies that your stay was marred by these events, I can assure you that this experience does not typify the Crowne Plaza Marlow and I hope that we can welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

Had a lovely stay here, staff were helpful although very unprepared at check in. I think a large wedding party was checking in at the same time as us and as a result a lot of the rooms were not ready including mine. When we were shown to our room around 20 minutes after arrival, the room was not to a very good standard. We promptly made a complaint as tot he experience we had received so far. The head of check in was very helpful, she agreed with us and upgraded which was a very nice gesture. From then on, we could not fault our experience. The breakfast was delightful, view from the dining hall was very nice. Free parking is always an added bonus. The bathroom was lovely, bath big enough for two as well as a shower and in bathroom music! Thought that was a lovely touch. Beautiful bedding and decor is very modern. (It was May last year that we visited but will not let me choose that option :()

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Thank you for your compliementary review regarding your stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow last year. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and to maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us, and that the good impression has lasted so long! I do hope that you will return to the Crowne Plaza in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

We stayed here as a family treat, even though we live locally we always find the CPM to be very accommodating for guests who are in wheelchairs, we were offered a choice of rooms when we checked in by a very professional receptionist, we selected the most suitable one for my disabled sister and her wheelchair. We had dinner as we always do in the bar and it was the night England played Sweden, the food was great, good value and the service was attentive, the only minor thing and it is minor, the food took a little while to arrive 40 mins or so for our sharing starter and it wasn't particularly busy at the time we ordered, but it's only a very small issue. The atmosphere was superb, maybe because the football was on and England were in the middle of a see saw battle, the staff were enjoying working in that sort of scenario, but remaining professional. Very comfortable bedroom and beds. The breakfast is always epic, plenty of choice for all and again restaurant staff very good. Looking forward to coming back soon.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your complimentary review regarding your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they helps us to improve our services and to maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was so delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and that we provided the best facilities for you all. We always appreciate our guest's feedback and I thank you for such a complimentary review! Please be assured that your comments regarding the service in Agua Bar have been taken in and the necessary action has been taken to ensure that service resumes it's normal fast and professional standards in the future, I do apologise that on this occasion your food took slightly longer to arrive than it should have done.

I do hope we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Reviewed 17 June 2012

On arrival the young receptionist wasn't very helpful and I had to ask all of the questions, my husband booked us a table in the restaurant and he didn't even do that. The room was gorgeous, clean and bright. The spa was fab but the best bit was the meal. After getting a table in the restaurant, the waiting staff were FANTASTIC to say the least, we were given a complimentary glass of champagne as it was my birthday and for the mistake of our table not being booked for us. We ordered our food which was absolutely gorgeous and the timings of each coarse was spot on. BRILLIANT

Room Tip: We had the executive club room which has a bath and a separate shower, a desk for business users and...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and to maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that your Birthday stay with us was such a success and you expecially enjoyed our spa facilities in the Quad Club and dinner in Glaze Restaurant - please be assured your compliments will be passed on to the respective departments. I apologise that your initial experiance at Check In did not reach our usual high standards, however as this highlights a training I would like to thank you for bringing it to our attention as we can now take steps to ensure that it does not occur in the future.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My company Sinnarji has been using Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow for nearly three years for bi-monthly exceutive trainingworkshops and have just booked the Creative Meetings rooms for July.

Clients include senior executives from some of the worlds top A listed companies and so it is imperitive that the facilities and services delivered on my behalf comes up to delegates personal expectations based on international standards.

Preparation is everything to create a relaxed, welcoming, comfortable ambience (especially for those suffering from jet lag) I demand that everything meets with my exacting standards and that good service is delivered by attentive flexible staff.

I continue to use this hotel because when compared to other venues within Oxford, Bucks and Berks, Crowne Plaza delivers best value together with consistent service.

Yes there has been the odd occasion when service has been a tad stretched but then I live in a world where I feel we should view minor inconveniences as an opportunity for improvement.

As part of our quality control and to maintain improving standards we ask delegates to complete a feed back form and the venue and facilities consistently exceed expectations as reflected by the highest ratings that we receive from comparable venues that we use.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2012

Thank you very much for your review regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and to maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that the Crowne Plaza Marlow is your companies first choice for conferences, and that we consitantly deliver a high standard of service. We appreciate your loyalty and look forward to welcoming you back in July.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

Stayed at the hotel with husband and two children (9 & 7), like the other reviews the location is in the middle of an industrial estate but easy to find. We stayed two nights to visit legoland and choose the hotel as it was good value for money. Good points .. Staff friendly, public areas were very modern and clean, breakfast was great with lots of choice and the staff working during breakfast were particularly friendly and nothing was too much trouble. On our arrival I asked could we have an extra single bed put in our room and within 30 minutes the bed was in the room all made up. The bathroom was clean & modern with a nice big bath and really powerful separate shower. The gardens and lake were lovely, however, it rained all the time we were there so didn't explore too much of the grounds.
Points to be improved..
1) In contrast to the public area the bedroom furniture looked like it wouldn't have been out of place in the 70's, it was marked and scuffed and looked a bit tired along with the divan bases on the beds !
2) swimming pool times for children, I had two very disappointed children who weren't able to use the pool due to the restricted times they were allowed in. Btw 8am & 11am and 2pm & 6pm...the main purpose of our visit was to go to legoland and we maximised our time at the park and would have loved to go for a relaxing swim on our return to the hotel. I asked in the health club if the time could be lifted as my children are both great swimmers and very sensible and was told no ... Slightly frustrating as the pool was a big incentive !

Overall the hotel was good value for money but we wouldn't return due to the restrictions on children, it's rather strange location and the distance from legoland (25 min drive) and Windsor.

Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and to maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us and found our staff friendly and efficient in their service.

In respect to your comments regarding the pool opening hours, I am sincerely sorry that your children were not able to take advantage of this facility. As I am sure you appreciate we have to cater for a wide range of guests needs, both residents and non-residents, and it has been requested by an overwhelming majority that at peak hours children are restricted from the pool. We do try and satisfy everyone’s needs, and it is clear that on this occasion we were not successful and I hope you will accept our apologies.

I would like to assure you that this, along with the rest of your feedback, will be discussed with management team. We value your comments and take our guest’s views very seriously. I do hope that you will reconsider staying with us again as we pride ourselves on a ‘family friendly’ atmosphere and have a dedicated children’s club for under 15s.

Hotel Administrator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Cliveden House
Cliveden House
#1 of 2 in Taplow
Stoke Park Country Club, Spa and Hotel

Been to Crowne Plaza Marlow? Share your experiences!