“Good Business Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
London, United Kingdom
“Good Business Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Stayed here for one night (have stayed in past) as had a better-than-usual deal on price. Clean, comfortable room. Breakfast a buffet which I always find a little disappointing in higher-end hotels but food was good.
Overall a good stay for business but at regular prices was too expensive

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted that you enjoy staying with and assure you we value your loyalty. Thank you very much for your comments.

I hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowen Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Hotel Administrator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Polish first
High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Recently stayed at this hotel overnight. Location is a bit strange going through an industrial park, but once there the grounds are very nice. The rooms are lovely and the beds very comfortable. I didn't eat dinner in the restaurant so cannot pass comment on the food but I did eat breakfast and this was very good, with plenty of choice and both hot and cold selections. Staff were attentive and friendly at all the areas I used in the hotel but in particular one young man (called Myles) was especially helpful in making sure I had everything I needed and stood out to me in delivering good service. Will use this hotel again.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and enjoyed the excellent service pride ourselves on, please be assured that your comments will be passed on to the respective departments,and to Myles who you mentioned by name as someone who particularly stood out,.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014 via mobile

Me and 3 friends have just got back from a relaxing couple of days in Marlow. We got a special deal on the room so it was exceptionally good value. We made the use of the spa which was very nice - only issue was the steam room and outside hot tub were not working, but that did not stop us enjoying the rest of the facilities. The hotel is a 25 minute walk into Marlow, so we walked in to Marlow for dinner and got a taxi back. Would definitely stay again!

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 21 January 2014

I am delighted that you and your friends had a relaxing weekend with us and had the added benefit of such a good rate! I am sorry that the hot tub and sauna were out of action, occasionally maintenance issues do arise that require the assistance of an outside contractor and therefore prolong the closure of these facilities. I hope that you will have the opportunity to return to the Hotel and fully experience all our excellent amenities.

1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I visited this hotel for a baby shower at the beginning of January, it was held in the conservatory, the food could not be faulted however over the period we were there approx. 2 hours someone managed to get into our bags and 3 different ladies had money stolen, when we were in there no one entered the conservatory apart from staff. Warning be careful when you visit this hotel and make sure you check your purse / wallet.

• Stayed January 2014
2 Thank Samantha K
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 23 January 2014

Your accusation of theft caused great concern with the management team. I understand from our records that no such incident was reported to the Hotel either at the time, or later, if a report had been made I can assure you the matter would have been investigated without hesitation. We pride ourselves on the integrity of our staff and are appalled at this incident.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Went to a Christmas Party night in December with friends, had a lovely evening, great food, lovely setting and lively disco. Would like to say thank you to one of the young waiters (called Myles) who really looked after us, nothing was too much trouble and even went out of his way to get me some gluten free toast to go with my starter, which was very much appreciated. Thanks again...great night!

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 14 January 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent visit to the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am delighted that you and your friends enjoyed the Christmas Party Night in December and will pass on your feedback to the respective departments. Thank you in particular for your mention of Myles who looked after you during the night, please be assured he will be recognized for his efforts.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to future events.

York, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2014

Check in and check out were completed efficiently by very friendly staff, but the experience between them was disappointing, with particular reference to Club level. There was no complimentary water in the room, though the bottle labels were there. There was only one bathrobe for a room booked for two people, and a hand-written note by previous occupants was still lying on the table. Clearly inadequacies in housekeeping and its management monitoring. Most disappointing of all is the club lounge - the worst I have ever encountered in any Crown Plaza. A dismally dark room with poorly quality furniture unimaginatively arranged creates no ambience. The choice food and drink on offer is quite honestly pathetic, and the stewarding of the room was lacking in that replenishment, such as it was, had to be summoned by 'phone. Whilst the hotel itself was acceptable (though the restaurant evening meal was also disappointing in quality and quantity given the price), the so-called club experience is poor value for money.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank YorksMike

I was concerned to read that your stay was marred by the housekeeping in your bedroom and the Club Lounge. We always like to exceed our guests expectations and it is clear that on this occasion we were not successful.

My sincere apologies that your bedroom had not been fully prepared and that there were traces of the previous occupant. I have spoken to the Housekeeping team regarding this matter and they assure me that the necessary training will be instigated.

In regards to the Club Lounge, I deeply concerned that you consider it 'the worst example you have encountered at a Crowne Plaza, I can assure you that the areas you highlighted have been discussed with the management team and the necessary action will be taken to improve this area.

I have also taken note of your comments regarding the food in Glaze Restaurant and both our Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager reiterate my apologies.

I do hope that despite these concerns you will return to the Crowne Plaza Marlow, I can assure you the events your describe do not typify the exceptional standards we strive to achieve.

Cowes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

We had a three generation family reunion here in between Christmas and New Year. The hotel is modern, strangely located but nice and quiet, and service was friendly. We found the common areas a bit impersonal and cold in temperature but the rooms were great with good heating/aircon, excellent TVs, comfortable beds and great bathrooms. The breakfast was great but to be honest we found the table d'hote dinners average in quality and variety. This menu did not change over three nights that we stayed and ate there. All in all I would recommend the hotel.
One gripe however, is having to pay for wi-fi. For a fast connection which also had a movie package with it it was £15 for 24 hrs. Slower £8.99 or £5.99 internet options without the movies were available. The movies were good for a winter's evening in, but really in this day and age internet should be free. It constantly amazes me staying in hotels around the world how more expensive hotels charge endlessly for 'extras' like internet whereas good quality but much cheaper chain and independent hotels offer these things for free.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank AndyL71

I am delighted that you and you family had a pleasant reunion here and am so pleased that you found the Hotel comfortable and suitable for your needs.

My apologies that you found the menu choices in Glaze Restaurant lacked variety, I have passed your comments to our Executive Chef and Restaurant Manager so that they can take the necessary action to avoid this in the future.

In regards to the WiFi, I am pleased to advise that a complimentary service is available throughout the Hotel.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you all back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Hotel Administrator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4
Cliveden House
Cliveden House
#1 of 2 in Taplow

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow? Share your experiences!