“First visit and I we will definitely be going back!”

Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
“First visit and I we will definitely be going back!”
Reviewed 16 March 2014 via mobile

We stayed here as we had a Red Letter Day voucher to use. The hotel is in a perfect location for a short getaway, in easy distance of Central London and close to Heathrow and surround Thames areas. We had visited Harry Potter land in Watford so was in good distance to that too. Will definitely be going back sometime.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am delighted that your Red Letter Day stay was a success and that you found the Hotel the perfect location for exploring some of the attractions the area has to offer.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Hotel Administrator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 March 2014

It was sucha relief to stay here after trying other hotels in the area. The Compleat Angler is great if you get the right room, but this place is the best I've stayed in for a long time (business wise). After a week and a half of poor sleep we finally got in here and I slept so well. I didn't use the spa or have breakfast so can't comment.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Thank you very much for taking the opportunity to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am delighted that as a business traveller you find the Hotel not only fulfills your needs you also consider it the best in the area. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future, and I do hope that you will have the opportunity to enjoy the Hotel's other amenities.

UK
Reviewed 5 March 2014

I stayed here for 3 nights in February when I was working in near by High Wycombe. Had I realised the hotel was quite so far out of Marlow I would have stayed elsewhere but hey ho, that's my own fault.

The check in process was quick and I was soon in my room. The room was a good size with a good area to work from and a comfy bed. When I arrived the room was very hot so I opened the window and was amazed to find that the window would open completely, wide enough for someone to step or fall out of. My room was on the first floor! The pictures may explain it better.

Breakfast was pretty good, expensive and it wasn't the 'full English' that I was told it would be - where was the black pudding?

Food and drinks in the bar area were very expensive - £12.99 for a beef sandwich? Silly money.

Next time I'm in the area I'll stay elsewhere, ideally somewhere that is closer to town and better value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to target problem areas and take the necessary action to avoid similar situations in the future.

I am pleased that you enjoyed the comfort of your room, however your description of the windows did cause concern All our windows have safety catches that should prevent the window from opening to its full extent, but still allowing fresh air into the room. It is clear from your photographs in that particular room this measure had broken down. A full investigation has now been launched to ensure that all the windows in the Hotel are checked to establish that the catches are in place and operating correctly. If they are not, then immediate measures are being placed to ensure safety of our guests. Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your breakfast despite no black pudding – my apologies for this and that you found the term ‘full English’ misleading when this item was not included.

In regards to the prices of food dishes throughout the Hotel, we do endeavor to remain competitive with other four star establishments in the area.

Northampton
Reviewed 3 March 2014 via mobile

Spent a Saturday night here and enjoyed our stay. Room was lovely. Shower wonderful and bed very comfortable. Bar area rather cold thought so we had one drink and a quick meal then back to our room. We Would stay here again if visiting the area.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am so pleased that you and your partner had a pleasant stay with, and found the room comfortable with a wide range of amenities that suited your needs.

I delighted you are considering returning to the Hotel and hope that we will be welcoming you back in the near future.

Coventry
Reviewed 1 March 2014

I have been a regular visitor at the Crowne Plaza Marlow since 2004.
This is my preferred hotel chain and this hotel always deliver quality service - the rooms are spacious for working the restaurant is good quality
Location provides walking distance from Marlow town centre or 5 mins drive.

Room Tip: All rooms good - after 10 years visiting this hotel I probably stayed in every room!
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am delighted that, as a regular guest, you find the Crowne Plaza Marlow always delivers on service and quality, two areas that we consider of great importance.

I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for your loyalty to the Hotel and to the Crowne Plaza brand, and hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 March 2014

Great hotel and staff but posters up saying they have outbreak of winter sickness bug (norovirus) ... There one night and I got it, reception told me had doctor out for 2 people and over 12 staff and guests got it ..... If you are styling there this week be warned!

2 Thank LaraS2468
Bucks
Reviewed 28 February 2014

We had a really good stay from the moment we arrived. Reception was very friendly and efficient. Room very clean and comfortable. All staff were very helpful and friendly, some of the best I have experienced. Leisure Club was adequate and we enjoyed the outdoor jacuzzi! Breakfast was very good, lots of choice and good quality.
We would definitely return. Thank you.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted that from the moment you arrived you enjoyed your stay with us, and that you experienced the exceptional service we pride ourselves on at the Hotel. I am pleased that you had the opportunity to enjoy our wide range of amenities including the full English buffet breakfast and the leisure amenities.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel soon.

Hotel Administrator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4
Hotel du Vin
Hotel du Vin
#1 of 8 in Henley-on-Thames

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow? Share your experiences!