“Lovely stay again!”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
Hampton, United Kingdom
“Lovely stay again!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed just one night with my girlfriend over the bank holiday. Always love staying, great service and food. Easy to get into Marlow. Make use of the out door hot tub and dine in as great value if prepaid. Will stay again.

• Stayed May 2014
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 8 May 2014

I am delighted that we had the opportunity to welcome your and your girlfriend back to the Hotel, and hope that we can look forward to your return in the near future. Thank you very much for your feedback, I am so pleased that the Hotel fulfills your expectations.

Hotel Administrator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Polish first
highcliffe
Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I have just enjoyed a two night stay at this hotel. Although (because time didn't permit) we were unable to use the swimming pool and gym, both appeared to be extremely good facilities. We had a standard room which was fairly large and extremely adequate for our needs. A large comfortable bed, bath, with separate shower, tea and coffee and all that we required for our stay.
We didn't dine at the hotel, but we did have breakfast there. The breakfast offered a very good choice of the normal fare, and the food was nicely cooked. Fortunately we paid for breakfast when we booked on-line, which proved to be a sensible move as the price "at the door" was shown as £18.50 per head. This I think would have been somewhat expensive, particularly for my wife, whose appetite is considerably smaller than mine.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted to read that you and your wife had a pleasant stay with us and found the Hotel comfortable and suitable to your needs.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back soon and that you will have the opportunity to enjoy our newly refurbished spa facilities.

Woodbridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2014

unprepossessing exterior, reception airy and spacious. staff helpful and friendly without exception. rooms clean and comfortable bed, but rooms could do with updating in my view. breakast pretty average, with supplement charged for freshly ground coffee.
the bar is a bit dispiriting, tv screens in both corners, but possible to sit outside by the water, which is a bonus.we asked for two hendrick's gin and tonics, and were amazed to be charged over £20! There is a sign behind the bar, on the wall, stating that all drinks are doubles, unless otherwise requested! A large bottle of still water to take to the room came in at £4.50, which is pretty eyewatering by any standards. Didn't risk the freshly ground coffee as a consequence!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 6 May 2014

I was concerned to read that although you enjoyed your stay with us there were a number of issues that marred your stay. In regards to the exterior, despite being located next to the Business Park in Marlow which does have the benefit of easy access to the M4 and M40, I do hope that you once you entered the Hotel's grounds you had the opportunity to enjoy the beautiful lakeside location with views over the surrounding countryside.

My apologies that you found the bar 'dispiriting', we have aim for a comfortable, stylish atmosphere and I am sorry that you feel that this has not been achieved. We do have the Conservatory available, where one is able to enjoy the light and panoramic views of the lawns and lake without worrying about the vagaries of the British weather!

In respect to your comments about the pricing structure both in the bar and with room service. I can advise that we are competitive with other four star establishments in the area.

I would also like to acknowledge your concern with the breakfast, I have spoken with the respective departments who were concerned it was only average. Your feedback will help us to improve upon this area for the future.

I do hope that these small issues will not deter you from returning to the Hotel in the future and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Had a spa deal booked with the crowne plaza in Marlow for my mums 65th birthday. Before booking we phoned to see if they offered a gluten free afternoon tea, the answer was yes so we booked it. It was stated on our booking and it was confirmed. In fact it was confirmed another 6 times. The spa was lovely & the treatments amazing, could not have asked for better service. When we got to the resturant for our afternoon tea they bought out sandwiches for all of us (my mum & sister are not gluten intolerant) a selection of scones & cakes for my mum& sister and some fruit for me. I asked where the cakes where & they said they were just getting them. They came out with a small chocolate mouse & said they were sorry but something had gone wrong. They were apologetic, but not overly. It transpired that they knew about my order at least 24 hours before (and got gluten free bed) but did nothing else. I have been to many places that catered to my dietary needs, but this definitely wasn't one of them. It was frustrating as we wouldn't have booked it if we'd had known they didn't cater & it ruined what was before that a lovely day. The manager seemed embarrassed but offered nothing in compensation as it wasn't booked directly. Would I go there again definitely not!

• Stayed May 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your Spa Day, and will ensure that your compliments are passed on to the team.

However it was with concern that I read that the Afternoon Tea that you had booked to accompany your treatments did not live up to expectation. We cater for individuals dietary requirements on a regular basis and I cannot justify the lapse on this occasion. I have spoken with the respective departments and I can assure you the necessary steps will be taken to ensure similar situations do not occur in the future.

I do understand that this might deter you from returning to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the future but I can assure you this does not typify the very high standards we pride our selves on and that we do endeavor to cater to everyone's requirements. I do hope that on reflection you will reconsider and we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

High Wycombe, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Me and 2 friends came for a spa day back in January. It was a great deal we found on their website. When we arrived we were greeted by professional staff and a lovely atmosphere. We used the gym first which was a bonus (don't usually go to gyms!) then had our treatments. I had a back and head massage, both were great and relaxing. The treatment rooms were lovely and the staff professional. We then had our lunch which was included in the package, it was 2 courses and good value. We then used the facilities, swimming pool, sauna, steam room and outdoor hot tub. The outdoor hot tub was great even though it was freezing outside!! It was quite busy and a big group of people left their towels on the loungers while they were a lunch so we couldn't sit anywhere or leave out gowns anywhere, but that is not really the hotels fault, just inconsiderate guests!
Overall a great spa!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your Spa Day at Crowne Plaza Marlow earlier this year.

I was delighted to read that your visit to the Hotel was so successful and your day lived up to expectation. I am so pleased that you took the opportunity to enjoy the wide range of amenities the Spa has to offer - including the gym and outdoor hot tub. I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the future.

Bath
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It's all in the title really. This was a one night business stay so meals were organised for about 40 of us. Quality was still good. The staff are clearly well trained and seem happy in their work. Good size swimming pool. Lots of kit in the gym which as a result is a bit cramped but this doesn't stop its use.
I'd certainly stay again... but it isn't that handy for Marlow centre without a car or taxi.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plzaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and had the occasion to experience our wide range of leisure facilities.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Cebu
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Staff was very accommodating and eager to assist. Place was roomy and was greatly furnished. Very comfortable to be in and definitely a top-range hotel from the many I've been to. The main restaurant was also very good. Perhaps if I were to nitpick, my only complaint would be that there's not much to do in the place and better entertainment would be nice

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 1 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us us and that we compared favorably with similar establishments.

Thank you for your suggestions regarding entertainment, please be assured your comments will be discussed with the management team as we move forward in the future.

I do hope that we can look forward to welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Hotel Administrator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Danesfield House Hotel And Spa
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
Crowne Plaza Gerrards Cross
#1 of 7 in Beaconsfield
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor
Holiday Inn Reading - M4, Jct 10
Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow? Share your experiences!