“Lovely Hotel”

Crowne Plaza Marlow
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
Reviewed 12 May 2014

We stayed at this hotel last summer, it would be a great venue for a wedding, lovely views outside with the lake. It was a beautiful sunny day, and we had drinks outside...(very expensive) Make sure you check..you automatically get a large wine or a double spirit shot, unless you specify.
Everything about the hotel is as you would expect from a large chain...we thoroughly enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Looch233
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2014

Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted that you and your partner chose to stay at the Hotel last summer and that the Hotel lived up to expectation.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Administrator

Write a ReviewReviews (1,718)

Reviewed 11 May 2014

I spent one night at the Crowne Plaza Marlow this weekend as one of a group of friends. We wanted to be in/around Marlow as we were dining at The Hand & Flowers. This hotel is very suitable for this and is about a 5 minute taxi ride from the restaurant. It can be a bit off-putting driving through the pot-holed road of an industrial estate on the way to the hotel, but the grounds of the hotel itself are very nicely landscaped.

My king-size room was very comfortable with a good size desk (great for the business traveller) and plenty of space all round. The bed was very comfortable clean. The bathroom spotless and the shower was marvellous.

My group made use of the pool and the outdoors hot-tub and both were great. The one negative is that there was a plastic walkway from the patio door to the hot-tub which was basically dangerous. When getting out of the tub and stepping on to it, it would slip and 2 of our party ended up falling (one very heavily). I mentioned this to the staff in the pool, and they didn't even put it in the accident book.

All in all I would happily stay there again if I were in the area.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ian C

I am delighted that your weekend with us was a success and had the opportunity to enjoy our wide range of leisure facilities. In reference to the outside hot tub and its surroundings, thank you for bringing this to our attention.I have spoken with the Quad Club Manager who assures me that your feedback will be taken into consideration as we move forward, and that your friend's fall has been recorded. We take the health and safety of our guests very seriously and I can only express my sincere apologies that this occurred. I do hope that both guests have fully recovered and that they were not seriously hurt.

I do hope that despite this incident we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Crowne Plaza Marlow in the near future.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

We've just come back from a fantastic hen do for my sister in law at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, it was a brilliant weekend made even more special by the excellent service we received from the great team there in the reception, the spa, the bar & restaurant. Alfonzo in particular on reception who & the bar manager could not have done more to help us. We'll definitely be returning!

• Stayed: May 2014

I am delighted that your sister in laws hen night was a success and thank you for your particular mention of Alfonso, please be assured that he will be recognized for his service.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 10 May 2014 via mobile

The checkin was excellent and the receptionist was extremely helpful and knowledgable. The rooms are a good size and very comfortable. Great facilities in the hotel. The service in the bar was a bit hit and miss. Only one person on reception for check out and took over 10 minutes to check out but overall would stay here again

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that despite the delay at Check In our Reception staff were friendly and efficient in their service. In regards to this, I do apologise for this delay and we will take the necessary action to ensure that more staff are available at peak times.

I was also concerned that the service in the bar did not live up to our usual standards, please be assured that further training is being implemented across this department.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 8 May 2014

First things first this is, in my opinion, a great hotel, I used to stay here on business a few years ago and came back for a leisurely weekend. The staff were good, the hotel was clean, the rooms were great but there were a few things that if I were the manager I would look to change:

I thought that breakfast was expensive even with a voucher, but I can appreciate that this is the price for breakfast in better hotels.
The toilet paper was like the tracing paper kind of stuff I had in my school as kid, an extra few pence should be spent on some kind of two ply toilet paper
The TV - its great that its got the information from the hotel but its the SLOWEST TV ever, press a button and wait 5 seconds for something to happen by which time you've pressed the button again and therefore missed the channel you were looking for. Also less channels than I have on freeview.
I'm sure the hotel used to have robes in the room but not anymore.
A choice of pillows would be great

That said great stay and for people reading this, stay there.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted that you had the opportunity to return to the Hotel for a leisure visit and that you enjoyed your stay with us.

In regards to the breakfast, I am sorry that you found it expensive we do offer the breakfast as a hot buffet to allow guests to have a wide variety of options, and amounts. We also try to remain competitive with other four star establishments in the area.

Thank you for your constructive feedback regarding the television and housekeeping requirements in the bedroom, I will inform the respective departments so that we can improve on these areas.

We do value your feedback and the management team will discuss the areas you highlight to ensure that similar situations can be avoided in the future.

Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Stayed just one night with my girlfriend over the bank holiday. Always love staying, great service and food. Easy to get into Marlow. Make use of the out door hot tub and dine in as great value if prepaid. Will stay again.

• Stayed: May 2014
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

I am delighted that we had the opportunity to welcome your and your girlfriend back to the Hotel, and hope that we can look forward to your return in the near future. Thank you very much for your feedback, I am so pleased that the Hotel fulfills your expectations.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

My wife and I have just enjoyed a two night stay at this hotel. Although (because time didn't permit) we were unable to use the swimming pool and gym, both appeared to be extremely good facilities. We had a standard room which was fairly large and extremely adequate for our needs. A large comfortable bed, bath, with separate shower, tea and coffee and all that we required for our stay.
We didn't dine at the hotel, but we did have breakfast there. The breakfast offered a very good choice of the normal fare, and the food was nicely cooked. Fortunately we paid for breakfast when we booked on-line, which proved to be a sensible move as the price "at the door" was shown as £18.50 per head. This I think would have been somewhat expensive, particularly for my wife, whose appetite is considerably smaller than mine.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

I am delighted to read that you and your wife had a pleasant stay with us and found the Hotel comfortable and suitable to your needs.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you both back soon and that you will have the opportunity to enjoy our newly refurbished spa facilities.

Hotel Administrator

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
#1 of 2 in Taplow
Taplow House Hotel
Taplow House Hotel
#2 of 2 in Taplow

Been to Crowne Plaza Marlow? Share your experiences!