“No problems”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
St Albans, United Kingdom
“No problems”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

As others have noted, the location is a little odd, although the grounds are pleasant once you get there. Efficient and friendly check in.
Room was a fair size and well maintained.
Breakfast and dinner were fine. Staff in the large (and noisy) bar were perhaps a little too enthusiastic - i seemed to be asked if I would like another drink every 5 minutes.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay with us and had the opportunity to enjoy the friendly and efficient service we strive to achieve.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Hotel Administrator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Polish first
Dhaka City, Bangladesh
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I stayed here while attending training in Henley. The hotel is tucked away in an industrial estate and while the view from the bar is lovely, the general setting could be better.

Rooms are nice and facilities are good including a small gym which, for the size, was quite well equipped.

We asked the staff how to get to town on foot and it was apparent that none of the staff knew the route (it's actually a short walk!), so info could have been better!

The restaurant was disappointing with the food being fairly bland. All our rooms had views of the car park!

Overall a shame about the location as we had a sense of being trapped there (no car), when in fact, the town wad a stone's throw away!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow, we value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted that the bedrooms and leisure amenities suited your needs during your stay, however I was concerned that there were certain aspects of your stay that did not live up to expectation.

I would like to apologize that that the food in Glaze Restaurant was disappointing and I have spoken with our Executive Chef who also expresses his concern. We pride ourselves on serving food of an exceptional standard using fresh produce sourced locally. Please be assured that we will be investigating this matter.

In regards to the location I was very concerned that none of our staff were able to direct you into the town centre of Marlow. The Hotel is located on the Business Park with excellent access to the M4 and M40 as well as other major routes. The town is a short stroll away along the banks of the River Thames. The Guest Services Manager has assured me that training has been implemented to ensure that our staff can provide clear instructions in the future. We would also have been happy to arrange alternative transport for you if this had been requested.

I do hope that these factors will not prevent you from returning to the Hotel in the near future as I can assure you your experiance does not reflect the exceptional standards we strive to achieve.

São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil
Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Good room space and room service, including nice maid service.
The week I spend there there was some weddings during the Conference I attend to, with a lot of noise during the evening due to the partys, so check if they are going to have any major party when you get the reservations...

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us, however I was concerned that a wedding that was taking place at the same time as your conference caused disruption. We do ask all our guests to respect the privacy of others and in particular when large parties are concerned. I do apologise that we were unable to resolve this issue at the time and for the inconvenience it must have caused.

I do hope that this will not prevent you from returning to the Hotel in the near future.

Craven Arms, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

This is a modernish hotel with little character accessed via an industrial park. Room designed for business people and looked out over a side road and rubbish bins. Restaurant separated from function room by glass wall giving a view of a half cleared room complete with rubbish bags and dirty pots.Breakfast was the usual keep warm buffet with tinned fruit.Eggs cooked to order although our poached eggs were overdone. Not recommended for leisure travellers.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to target problem areas and take the necessary action so that similar situations can be avoided in the future.

I was very concerned to that your stay was marred by a number of factors, we always like to exceed our guests expectations and it is clear that on this occasion we were not successful.

Our rooms are designed for maximum comfort for both leisure and business guests, I am sorry that you did not find them to your satisfaction.

In regards to the buffet breakfast in Glaze Restaurant, I was very perturbed that you found this unsatisfactory we do endeavor to provide a wide selection of freshly cooked produce to suit all tastes. I am extremely sorry that your meal was also marred by the view of the remains of a previous function, I have spoken to the respective departments who have investigated the matter and taken the necessary steps to ensure that it does not occur again. Please accept my apologies for this.

Your feedback is important to us and we will be using it as a tool to provide a better service in the future.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

key cards for myself and several colleagues didn't work repeatedly.quite a lot of details required at check in - tedious.Overly impersonal it felt like everyone was reading from a script. No discretion - bar staff unwilling to make exception on small bar bill that I didn't have piece of paper with room on it. (I understand the principle but in reality this was irksome as I didn't have my wallet with me).

Reception malfunctioning on check out resulting in no receipt being available -had to chase 2 weeks later.

Iron of the non-steam vareity. Disappointing for a 4 star hotel.

On the other hand, decent internet, room was clean enough. kind of have to stay here for certain work visits to Marlow. Should be so much better for the money..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

I was concerned to read that a number of factors marred your stay. we always like to exceed our guests expectations and it is clear that on this occasion we were not successful.

In regards to the key cards, I do appreciate the frustration and inconvenience this must have you and your colleagues, please do accept my apologies. Occasionally the machine malfunctions and we endeavor to resolve the issues with the minimum amount of disruption to our guests.

In respect to your Check Out experiance, this clearly falls well below our usual standards and I have spoken with the guest services manager who assures me that the issues you describe has been resolved. I am extremely sorry that it took an unnecessary amount of time to send yo the final receipt.

Please be assured that all your feedback will be taken into consideration as we move forward in the future to improve the services and maintain the excellent standards we pride ourselves on.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Good outside area for activities, but the elevator music that is played consistently inside and particularly in the lounge bar is just not cool. In fact, it borders on being crass and sleazy so I am afraid this is not a good choice of lodgings.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Norheim R
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was very concerned that despite the excellent outdoor amenities you found the Hotel 'spartan', however we appreciate your constructive feedback on these points and I can assure you that it will be taken into account as we move forward in the future.

Douglas, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Got a great deal on this hotel by booking online well in advance and also got a free upgrade as they were very busy the weekend we were there. Was somewhat startled to be offered breakfast at £18.50 per person and thought the barman had made a mistake when the local ale was £5.50 per pint! So we simply bought food at Sainsbury's and ate that instead. The spa/pool area however is lovely and included in the cost of the stay. Parking area is more than adequate and the hotel is fairly well signposted from the main road; although it is not in the centre of Marlow it is an easy & pleasant walk along the river. Although very busy over the weekend, the rooms were quiet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards we pride ourselves on.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and had had the opportunity to experiance our wide range of amenities.

I am sorry that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy the dining experience in our award winning restaurant, please except my assurances that all our pricing structures are competitive with other four star establishments in the area.

I do hope that this will not deter you from returning to the Hotel and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future.

Hotel Administrator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Holiday Inn High Wycombe M40, Jct.4
Hotel du Vin
Hotel du Vin
#1 of 8 in Henley-on-Thames

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow? Share your experiences!