“Very Nice Room” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Marlow
Northolt, United Kingdom
“Very Nice Room”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

Have to follow signs to Hotel through an Industrial estate so was not expecting it to be that special but it was pleasantly surprised. Very nice room, good size & spotlessly clean. Room was for 3 adults, had 2 kingsized beds so plenty of space for us & beds were so comfy, didn't want to get up!
Didn't have breakfast though as was very expensive @ £18.50 pp
Great late check out at 12 noon or 2pm if you are a rewards club member, so even better.
Paid £110 for room only, we did have 4 rooms though so not sure if we got a special rate.
Would recommend & would stay here again.

Room Tip: we were in room 19 on ground floor, room was fine
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
harrietparkes, at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they help us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted that you and your family had a pleasant stay with us and found the room spacious and the amenities suited your needs.

I am sorry that you did not have the opportunity to enjoy our full English buffet breakfast, it can be purchased as part of the room rate at the time of the initial reservation. One of our agents would be delighted to advise on this matter for future reservations.

I am very pleased that you enjoyed the benefits of your IHG Rewards membership, I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you all back in the near future.

Hotel Administrator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
  • Polish first
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

It just scrapes a four, because although there genuinely isn't anything wrong with the place, it lacks charm or character.

That said, good room, good bed, good shower and although we didn't have the breakfast I head it was amazing. Apparently the spa is also great, but I didn't visit it myself.

It is a bit expensive for what it is - breakfast is £14.50 if you pre-book (£18 if you don't), and drinks in the bar are very pricey, plus it's not near enough to Marlow (or anywhere really) to not need a taxi. BUT, the service is very good, staff are very nice the beds are huge and there's nothing actually wrong with the place.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I was concerned to read although you enjoyed the excellent bedroom amenities and the friendly and efficient service we pride ourselves on you found the Hotel lacked 'charm or character' and that this significantly impacted on you stay. We endeavor to provide a warm and friendly environment for our guests while they enjoy the benefits of the modern amenities that we have on offer.

In regards to our pricing structure of food and beverages, I can assure you that we are competitive with other four star hotels in the area. All our drinks are, as stated on the menus, served as doubles however we will always be delighted if a guest requests a single measure.

I do hope that these issues will not prevent you from returning to the Hotel in the near future and that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back.

Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Booked as part of a legoland package deal of 5 night and 2 days in legoland resort. Around 30 minutes drive from legoland. The route to the hotel is a little unconventional through an industrial estate, but really is a non issue! It's a short drive to Marlow town centre where there are plenty of chain and local restaurants/cafés. The hotel is modern purpose built and generally light and airy. Check in was easy and any requests were actioned very promptly. Our quad room had 2 double beds and was reasonably sized for 2 adults and 2 children. The bathroom was a good size with both separate shower and bath. It was clean and added bonus was the fridge. Air conditioning was controlled from the room so could be adjusted to suit personal taste. A new addition of a play area in the grounds is great for younger children. Another bonus in the legoland package was free milk and cookies every evening. Breakfast was plentiful and full of choice, cereal, fruits, breads, pastries, meat, cheese and of course a full English breakfast if you can fit it in! We ran out of time to use the swimming pool and health club facilities but they all looked good. A favourite place to relax after a long day having fun was the large glass garden room with views over the lake. Lives up to its 4 star rating and would use again. Well done Crowne Plaza Marlow!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 20 August 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your feedback as it helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards of service our guests expect.

I am delighted that you chose to stay with us as part of your Legoland package, and that the Hotel exceeded expectation in all areas.

I do hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you all back in the near future.

Birmingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel as part of the Legoland package. I had booked a family room for 4 of us (2 adults and 2 children)

After a long tiring day at Legoland we drove 25 minutes to this hotel, the location is rather odd with it being located at the end of an industrial park. The hotel offer free parking and there's plenty of spaces for everyone.

Check-in was quick and easy! The receptions was lovely and seemed genuinely interested in our trip to Legoland. She ran through the necessary information with us and also had a kids fun pack ready for my son and daughter. A lovely first impression for the rest of the stay.

The family room had 2 double beds, a desk, a little sofa and an extra table along with the usual tv, kettle and complimentary goods. There was also an iron and ironing board snuck nicely away in the wardrobe.

The room was lovely and clean, the bathroom was immaculate and there was plenty of towels for the 4 of us.

There's not really any restaurants near by and we didn't want to eat at the hotel so we took a short drive to a nearby Asda where we found a McDonalds. There's is also a Frankie and Benny's near the Asda but we just wanted to have a quick bite so we could get back to bed for round 2 of Legoland the following day.

The beds were very comfortable, we all had a good nights sleep.

Breakfast was included in our package, there was something for everyone ranging from a fry up to fruit and Yogart. I have read a few reviews where some people have said breakfast was disappointing. I would have to disagree, I think there's something for everyone just ask the England ladies cricket team who were also staying at the hotel. You also got a lovely view of the lake at breakfast time which was refreshing.

Check out was smooth and the staff friendly. If you are going to book this hotel I would say go for it!

5 stars for the service!

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Shania A
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 14 August 2014

I am delighted that you chose to stay at the Hotel as part of your Legoland package, and that you and your family enjoyed the family room amenities.Thank you for your comments regarding the friendly service from our staff, we endeavor to ensure all our guests feel welcome and relaxed when they arrive and throughout their stay.

I am sorry that you didn't have the opportunity to dine at the Hotel, we offer a wide menu selection in both our restaurant and bar areas including a children's menu.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to the Hotel in the near future.

Colchester, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

We stayed here as attending a friends wedding close by. I have stayed here before for Christmas Parties so I did know what to expect. The rooms are perfect. Great bathroom, nice toiletries, separate shower couldn't fault them nor the room which has a mini bar, television, iron etc all the good stuff you need whilst away. I find the bar/lounge area very dark and not as comfortable as other Crowne Plaza's but it maybe that this is aimed at a slightly different market (young people/families rather than business or couples?). We didn't use the spa facilities but it all looked very nice. Also we only ate breakfast here but it doesn't look like the sort of restaurant I would particularly want to eat in for pleasure. That said the hotel is walkable into Marlow with it's many bars and restaurants so this wasn't a problem for us. Breakfast on Saturday (and Sunday) is until 1130 which is really civilised! My only negative was that on Saturday, it wasn't very well organised with no plates for toast, dirty tables, no knife all of which I had to ask for but were promptly sorted once I had pointed them out.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
harrietparkes, Hotel Administrator at Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow, responded to this review, 12 August 2014

Thank you for returning to the Crowne Plaza Marlow, I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found both the bedroom amenities and the Hotel's location suitable for your needs.

I was concerned to read about your experiance at breakfast on Sunday was marred by the poor service, I have spoken with the department manager who would like to take the opportunity to express our sincere apologies that this occurred and give you our assurances that the necessary action has been taken to ensure that similar situations are avoided in the future.

I do hope that this will not deter you from returning to the Hotel as I can assure you it does not reflect the exceptional service we pride ourselves on.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel is located at the far end of Fieldhouse Lane, approached through an Industrial Estate. It is best to come via Parkway, from the intersection roundabout of the A4155 with the A404.

Don't be put off by the Industrial Estate! There really is a nice hotel at the end of the lane in pleasant grounds, as it is actually on the other side of the A404 under a bridge shared with the railway.

This modern hotel is laid out utilising the big grounds it has to create a spacious environment. The Reception, Restaurant, Bar and rooms are all big. There is plenty of car parking too. It is utilitarian but well maintained.

The rooms either contain a King-sized plus a small single, or two double beds. There is also a desk and a large bathroom with both bath and shower. Coffee/Tea making facilities are tucked away in a cupboard.

The buffet breakfast offers a good choice, but is quite expensive. It is slightly cheaper if booked in advance. The restaurant is better value and generous with the well-cooked food.

The staff are friendly and attentive. This is not a cheap hotel but offers space and quality value for money.

Stayed August 2014
Thank you for taking the opportunity to review your recent stay at the Crowne Plaza Marlow. We value your comments as they helps us to improve our services and maintain the very high standards our guests expect.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and found the wide range of facilities suitable to your needs. We have endeavored to create a relaxing, pleasant environment for our guests with facilities and bedroom amenities that will enable them to achieve maximum benefit from their stay.

Herefordshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

Booked as Dinner, Bed & Breakfast.

Purpose of visit. Base camp for family venture to London and to Lego Land

Good Points: Family Friendly with a good open garden, new kids outdoor play area. Swimming Pool with baby pool, Hot Tub, Spa, steam room and Sauna (limited kids opening hours for pool)

Fantastic breakfast well worth paying for Bed and Breakfast

Bad Points: Dinner. Found the menu very very limited and was way below what I expected of a 4Star hotel. I ordered the £22 8oz Sirloin twice night after night, I found the steaks to be of a very poor quality with half of it been inedible. Was refunded the cost of the meal after I spoke to the restaurant manager but the second night was no better and couldn't be bothered to complain again.

The staff were always friendly but overworked and hard to get attention.

Gratuity is automatically added at 12.5% which I think is rude. I will always tip for a good service, but a 12.5% tip I would expect a personal waitress.

Do yourselves a favour and eat out, or in the Bar where the waitress always welcomed us with a laugh and smile and couldn't go further to help.

Extra credit for Simone in Reception who sorted out the niggles with my hotel booking, Thank you for your help.

Thank you for a pleasant stay and can't wait till I return.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
      Rooms
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

I am was concerned that although there were many aspects of your stay that you enjoyed, the family friendly leisure amenities, and the full Engish Buffet Breakfast., there were also a number of concerns that arose that marred your stay.

Our Executive Chef was very concerned that your dinner in Glaze Restaurant did not meet expectation and that you found the menu both limiting and of poor quality. I can assure you these are not the standards that we pride ourselves on and an investigation was immediately launched to ensure this area is improved and reflects the standards of the award winning restaurant that we are.

In regards to the gratuity charge, this is automatically added to the bill, as stated on the menu, however if a guest requests it, it will be removed.

I do apologise that these factors marred your stay and hope I can assure you that they do not typify the exceptional standards we pride ourselves on. I am pleased that you found the service in both the bar and at reception friendly and efficient. Please be assured that Simone will be recognized for her service.

Hotel Administrator
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
Cliveden House
Cliveden House
#1 of 2 in Taplow
Holiday Inn Maidenhead / Windsor

Been to Crowne Plaza Hotel Marlow? Share your experiences!