1,976 results
All reviews an industrial estate the club lounge two double beds legoland package leisure facilities glaze restaurant strange location business hotel modern hotel good size separate shower steam room hot tub bar area buffet style main restaurant saturday night
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Been trying to make a booking at this hotel since the 12th of January. I was given a red letter day gift voucher and wanted to use it at this hotel. However, despite calling everyday I am told either 'we don't take reservations on the weekends, please call on a weekday' or 'sorry my system wont work' or a continuous ring tone. My partner then tried calling on my behalf yesterday and asked to speak to management directly. 'Karen' told us someone would call us back. We are now on Tuesday and no returned call. So we call Karen directly again only to be told there is a very long list of people to be called back and we are somewhere on that list! Does this hotel want my £250 or not? It seems not!

Room tip: I would share more information if we could actually make a reservation!
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Carrie-Ann S
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Carrie-Ann S,

Booking a room shouldn't take that long. I'm sorry for the inconvenience. What you have stated here is definitely not the experience we want for you. I've shared your feedback with the hotel management for review. I'm positive they'll look into your concern and take steps to ensure this doesn't happen again.

All the best,

Joel A

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Rung the hotel to ask a simple question regarding the spa. Never had an option to speak directly to the spa on the keypad so had to press one to speak to the main reception. It rung and rung and rung only to be picked up by a man who rudely said he was in a room, couldn't put me through to the spa and to ring again. I tried to say there was no option to contact them directly but just got hung up on.
Tried calling again moments later and after another long wait a lady picked up. When I asked if I could be put through to the spa she started talking over the top of me saying how the spa was probably busy and that's why they weren't picking up my call... I rang reception not the spa... there is no option to call the spa directly I told her. She sounded frustrated and huffed down the phone "well I'm sure I may be able to help you". Asked my question regarding what age a child can be to use the pool to which she said she wasn't too sure and it might be 12. So. I'm still none the wiser but have given up!

Please train your staff to be pleasant on the phone and not so damn rude!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Bexybunnywarren
CBB99, Owner at Crowne Plaza Marlow, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Guest

Thank you very much for choosing Crowne Plaza Marlow and please accept our sincere apologies for the issues you have experienced in trying to reach the spa to ask a simple question .

With regard to the shortcomings that you have experienced, I would like to assure you that your feedback has been discussed in detail with the full team at the hotel, in order to make sure that this experience remains an isolated one.

To answer your query, I have summarised below our published policy regarding children and their permitted use of the spa facilities :-

Children over the age of 3 are permitted to use the pool.
Children under the age of 16 must be accompanied by an adult when using the pool at all times.
For medical reasons, the Sauna and Steam Room may only be used by children aged 12+ and must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
Children are not permitted in the indoor Jacuzzi or outdoor Hot Tub
Children under the age of 18 are not allowed to use the Gym facilities

We are hoping to have the opportunity to welcome you to our hotel in the future

Kind regards

Hotel Management

Reviewed 11 February 2019 via mobile

Perfectly clean,comfortable hotel with welcoming staff. The hotel just lacks atmosphere or soul. The Aqua bar is far too big to generate any kind of ambiance,feels cold and unwelcoming.Bit of a trek on foot into Marlow

1  Thank Neil3333

Hello Neil3333,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay at Crowne Plaza Marlow, UK. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We appreciate your nice comment about cleanliness and our staff.

On behalf of the hotel, I'm sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the lack of ambiance. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Orlando

Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

My husband bought me this weekend as a Christmas prezzie... we arrived to early to check in as we wanted to go into Marlow.. the lady on reception gave us a map because we wanted to walk.. it’s about 30 minutes or so to get there. When we got back to the hotel we were checked in quickly by lovely staff.. the room has everything you need with a huge bed and a bath as well as separate shower.. chocolates and water were left in the fridge for us (complimentary)... robes are provided. We went down to the pool (where they give you towels ) also the sauna .. steam room.. jacuzzi and hot tub are there,we used all of these even the jacuzzi outside!...we didn’t have dinner at the hotel because we had eaten earlier in town at The giggling squid (we definitely recommend this lovely Thai restaurant).. but had a couple of drinks in the bar. In the morning we had a full English which was lovely and Christian looked after us with plenty of tea n coffee... there is continental also plus cereal fruit yoghurt etc. We had our treatment at 11 (which was very nice)so the hotel gave us a late check out 1pm... we would definitely come back again and would highly recommend

Reviewed 10 February 2019 via mobile

We came to this spa & hotel for a birthday break. The hotel, the staff & the amenities were all brilliant. The staff were incredibly attentive, pleasant to speak to & were very helpful. The food in the restaurant for both breakfast & dinner was to a high standard. The buffet breakfast was actually hot as was the toast & coffee. The evening meal was also good quality food & it tasted very nice.
We used the hotel spa facilities; again everything was great, it wasn’t too busy & the outdoor hot tub with a view of the lake was a pleasant surprise.

We booked 25 minute back, neck & shoulder massages in the spa just before we checked out, unfortunate they completely ruined the whole experience. My partner & I had separate massages & separate masseuses however we were both completely underwhelmed and very disappointed with the quality. There was no technique used whatsoever, one of the masseuses deemed it appropriate to talk for 10 mins while massaging about her experiences with other customers. One massage lasted just over 15 minutes.

Given how great the experience had been this was such a terrible end to the stay & it completely let the hotel down. Both masseuses need further training & a better understanding of how to work with clients. Had the payment of been taken after the massage I would have been incredibly reluctant to pay full price as it was nothing more than a back rub with oil.

Hi Besto1492,

I appreciate you for staying at Crowne Plaza Marlow and for giving us your thoughts about your recent visit.

Sorry to know that you were not impressed with the service of our masseuses. This is not the type of service that we want our guest to experience. This is not how we normally do things around and be assured that your comments are well noted and are shared with our management team for enhancements. I am confident that the necessary steps will be made to avoid the same inconvenience in the future. On a lighter note, I'm glad pleased that the condition of our facilities and breakfast met your standards.

I truly hope that we will have a chance to make it up to you and provide you with a better experience upon your return, Besto1492!

All the best,