“First and last time I’ll dine here.”
Review of Tiger Cub - CLOSED

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Berkshire
“First and last time I’ll dine here.”
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We went here for the 1st time last night, I made the mistake of reading the Trip Advisor reviews first which kind of tainted by expectations. The restaurant is small and very clean, it’s warm and cosy, it can’t be faulted on that but the food was nothing special and in our opinion nothing that’s worth a second visit. I guess you could say it’s fairly expensive for what it is. I ordered the Garlic King Prawn to start. It came out on a big platter but I was shocked to see it was just ONE prawn! I paid £7.95 for 1 prawn. I like Garlic but this thing was swimming in the stuff, so much so my nose was burning. It comes with a little salad garnish and pan fried veg, all smothered in garlic oil which made it very overpowering. Mains were ok but the Jeera Chicken is quite tasteless, no real kick considering it’s supposed to be spicy. Our bill for 2 came to £50 which usually average for eating in at an Indian Restaurant but considering we only had 2 poppadoms, 1 starter, 2 curry dishes, 1 portion of rice, 2 chapati’s and 2 bottles of water you could say it’s pretty expensive for something that wasn't that great, nothing I couldn't of made at home anyway. The service was ok but they could have smiled, when we asked for 5 more minutes to look at the menu it seemed to be an inconvenience for them, I’m not sure why considering there were only 2 other tables occupied in the whole restaurant. Overall it was edible but nothing I’ll be travelling from Maidenhead to Marlow for again.

• Visited February 2014

London, United Kingdom
“Good, but pricey for what you get”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The food was good, as was the service. Portions were a bit on the small side. It isn't overly expensive, but it was relatively expensive for what we had.

• Visited October 2013
“Why so many bad reviews?”
Reviewed 12 November 2013

I'm something of a regular here (normally for a weekday lunch) and I tend to eat the same things which I know will be good: last week a few dal pakora to start, which are always crispy and fresh-tasting and the lamb makhani washed down with a mango lassi which I know is always made fresh, because they can't do it when they're low on mangos!). The lamb they use is normally very tender, which comes down to what they're buying as much as how they cook it.

I notice in some of the other reviews people are bothered by the service - but its normal indian service to me - I look them in the eye and talk in a friendly way to them and dont have a problem. Anwar the bosses English is not perfect but he knows his menu and can give good advice. He is the right kind of person to be working in hospitality ,in my view.

If you want to get in there during the week, there's not normally a problem. but for weekends, you have to book ahead as it gets insanely busy.

• Visited November 2013
Marlow, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Authentic Sub Continent Food”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

Having travelled the Sub Continent in my youth I was pleasantly suprised to chance upon this restaurant .
On arrival my wife and I were treated like long lost friends , always a good start !
The service was 10 out of 10 and when the food came we were not to be disappointed , not to be missed were the mixed grill starter which was fantastic , so tasty , and for a main the garlic chicken massala .
I have eaten in many Indian restaurants here and abroad and this place is exceptional !
I also have to give praise to the manager by the name of Anwar , whom made our evening very comfortable .
This place is not to be missed , 5 stars !!!!!!!!!!

• Visited October 2013
“Great, authentic Indian food!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Friendly service and a great looking restaurant in the centre of Marlow.
I am and will remain a regular customer - I have never had a bad meal here.