“Surprising Good!”
Review of Continental Bakehouse - CLOSED

Continental Bakehouse
Price range: US$6 - US$23
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Continental Bakehouse - Retail The Continental Bakehouse retail brand is a new concept in the UK combining a bakery, restaurant and coffee shop into one. The food offering is all based on fresh food served with many of our "Bakehouse Brand" bakery products. Our retail outlet in Marlow also features a Gluten Free range of bread, cakes and pasta served along side our usual products. With a full restaurant service in the evenings Tuesday to Saturday complimenting our lunch, brunch and afternoon tea service. For more information, menus and details of how to join our VIP club and start enjoying special offers
Marlow, United Kingdom
“Surprising Good!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've been driving and walking past this eatery for months now and presumed it was a bakery but it's actually a restaurant. A rather GOOD restaurant to my surprise! I love salads and the salads here are fantastic, just so tasty! A good salad is very hard to find! I've been here three times now and I've had the steak salad, the avocado and salmon salad and the caesar salad. Each meal was delicious and very filling, even though I asked for it not to come with any bread or croutons. I'm so happy because I live so close and it's so convenient for walking or driving to with my car.

I find it really relaxing sitting in the sun eating tasty food and reading my book!

After recommending this place to my parents they went there for dinner and were very impressed, which is saying something!

I find the prices very reasonable compared to other restaurants in Marlow! I had to come here and rave about it because it makes me sad that people don't seem to know what it is. The staff are always very friendly and seem to remember me from the times I've visited before.

Highly recommend although am really sad to hear it's only a 'pop up' restaurant!

Buckinghamshire, United Kingdom
“Called in for afternoon tea on my birthday”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I regret that we got a frosty welcome. Having been told we need not book the first question was "have you booked"? Were then told that as the sandwiches would not be ready for 15 minutes were we prepared to wait? As we were the only customers in sight it seemed unlikely that it would take long so we agreed to wait. It would have been better to have given us a friendly welcome, sat us down, saying nothing about a possible delay which wasn't long anyway.
The room was furnished with an odd assortment of unmatched furniture so things did not look promising. However the food turned out to be very good with an assortment of small cakes and scones with cream and jam. The small oblong sandwiches were immaculately cut.
We were told afterwards by someone that this is a temporary set up which explained a lot.

“Drive past this place!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

We arrived for lunch on Saturday and there was no one else here ordered drinks and lunch ciabattas. 2 other tables arrived and managed to be served before us! We were still waiting an hour and 15 mins later for food and continually told it would be here shortly and yet it never was, gave up at that point and walked out. Customer Service is non existent here and they were not at all apologetic for any delay or inform us why there was such a long delay. If you see this place keep driving and find somewhere else if you are wantin to eat!!!

Marlow, United Kingdom
“Amazing bakery bread,Croissants, Cakes and Lilly Coffee”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This 'Pop Up" restaurant in a local pub on the Henley Road is the latest in a number of restaurant and public house owners to have tried this location to varying degrees of success. However , Continental Bakery ( a Franchise from the Continent) has a "Continental Coffee shop" feel which fits quite well into the old 16th Century beamed Coach House.

The product ( the food) is very good. The breakfast croissants and variety of breads are some of the freshest in the town, cooked fresh daily on the premises. The Lilly Coffee is excellent ( with a loyalty card for a free cup after 10 cups). There are plentiful newspapers and a free internet connection. I have had breakfast here a number of times and the fully cooked breakfast is very good and the Continental selection is also excellent. They have also introduced lunch foods and afternoon tea. The latter proving very popular with local ladies gathering in groups to drink from China tea cups and sample the tiers of sandwiches and freshly baked cakes.

The steak sandwich is one of my favourites at lunchtime always served hot in fresh cabiatta bread with chunky chips and very fresh side salad. I reckon for price and value this is one of the best steak sandwiches in Marlow at the moment and I would highly recommend it.

At various times of day there are couples meeting for coffee, business people using the spacious rooms for meetings and folks out for lunch.It seems to be growing daily in popularity as more and more locals hear about the new owners and the unique healthy offering. The other big pluses of Continental bakery ( other than the freshness of the food) is the large car park ( very handy versus the Centre of the Town competition where parking is a nightmare) and outdoor sun deck patio at the side.

Overall I rate Continental bakery very good and always enjoy the experience and the quality of the food.

• Visited June 2014
BakerBoy365, Owner at Continental Bakehouse, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Thank you for your review, much appreciated. We are glad you like our food and noticed the fact that it is freshly prepared daily. We look forward to seeing you again soon.