“Great food, fantastic service, very reasonable prices”
Review of Continental Bakehouse - CLOSED

Continental Bakehouse
Price range: US$7 - US$24
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Continental Bakehouse - Retail The Continental Bakehouse retail brand is a new concept in the UK combining a bakery, restaurant and coffee shop into one. The food offering is all based on fresh food served with many of our "Bakehouse Brand" bakery products. Our retail outlet in Marlow also features a Gluten Free range of bread, cakes and pasta served along side our usual products. With a full restaurant service in the evenings Tuesday to Saturday complimenting our lunch, brunch and afternoon tea service. For more information, menus and details of how to join our VIP club and start enjoying special offers
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We had a gluten free vegetarian in our party so phoned ahead to check what they could offer for dinner, having been for cakes, pastries and lunches in the past. They went out of their way to find dishes which were suitable and very tasty. Another in the party had the crayfish then the pork belly, both of which were superb. The portions are very large and the prices are very reasonable. The service was perfect - attentive but unobtrusive, nothing was too much trouble. We will be back!

1  Thank Blimey0Reilly

Reviewed 25 June 2014

Visited this restaurant for the first time and was very presently surprised.
Good choice of meals on the menu and the food was excellent, perfectly cooked and the presentation was of a high standard. The staff were superb, polite and very helpful. Will be eating here again.

2  Thank Anne552
Reviewed 25 June 2014

On our first visit the coffee was only lukewarm and a second cup provided.
Our second visit some days later was for breakfast.
My wife's coffee was only warm again! We had to ask for butter and milk. There were no knives for the toast and we had to ask for spoon for the jam (which was a high quality and plenty of it) The butter when provided was not sufficient for the the toast had we decided to eat it all.
An appealing visual touch was the cherry tomatoes with the eggs (all well cooked) sausages bacon etc but totally impractical on a breakfast plate. When you remove the stem the you are left with those little bits (Dont know the botanical term) that look like little spiders on the top of the tomato, and these are not easy to remove without fingering them!
We would really like this place to succeed as it is well positioned for our regular trips to Harleyford and it's success even more needed after the demise of trhe Showboat at Harleyford.
I hope the Bakehouse has a good look at the basics and gets these right first then I think there will be a good demand for their business

Reviewed 24 June 2014

I've been driving and walking past this eatery for months now and presumed it was a bakery but it's actually a restaurant. A rather GOOD restaurant to my surprise! I love salads and the salads here are fantastic, just so tasty! A good salad is very hard to find! I've been here three times now and I've had the steak salad, the avocado and salmon salad and the caesar salad. Each meal was delicious and very filling, even though I asked for it not to come with any bread or croutons. I'm so happy because I live so close and it's so convenient for walking or driving to with my car.

I find it really relaxing sitting in the sun eating tasty food and reading my book!

After recommending this place to my parents they went there for dinner and were very impressed, which is saying something!

I find the prices very reasonable compared to other restaurants in Marlow! I had to come here and rave about it because it makes me sad that people don't seem to know what it is. The staff are always very friendly and seem to remember me from the times I've visited before.

Highly recommend although am really sad to hear it's only a 'pop up' restaurant!

Reviewed 23 June 2014

I regret that we got a frosty welcome. Having been told we need not book the first question was "have you booked"? Were then told that as the sandwiches would not be ready for 15 minutes were we prepared to wait? As we were the only customers in sight it seemed unlikely that it would take long so we agreed to wait. It would have been better to have given us a friendly welcome, sat us down, saying nothing about a possible delay which wasn't long anyway.
The room was furnished with an odd assortment of unmatched furniture so things did not look promising. However the food turned out to be very good with an assortment of small cakes and scones with cream and jam. The small oblong sandwiches were immaculately cut.
We were told afterwards by someone that this is a temporary set up which explained a lot.