“Excellent”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Marlow
The Hand and Flowers
Ranked #1 of 21 Marlow B&B and Inns
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

The restaurant was very busy, however we received excellent service and the food was fantastc. I ordered the Duck Parfait starter and fillet of beef main. Everything was cooked to perfection. The only downside....Tom Kerridge had left the pub so we couldn't have a photo. Would 100% go again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gjs1bbs

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2014

I booked this restaurant as a surprise for my husband on our first anniversary and I was not disappointed. We traveled down from Glasgow and stayed in nearby B&B and it was worth it.
Although it is a 2 star the restaurant is had a laid back and relaxed atmosphere to it. The staff were attentive but not pushy. I had mentioned it was our anniversary when booking and when we arrived at our table there was a card wishing us a happy anniversary which was a lovely touch.
The complimentary white bait was delicious. I love my wine but was overwhelmed by the choice on the menu, I told the sommelier what wine myself and husband like and he recommend a lovely bottle that wasn't too pricey.
I had the salmon to start and my husband had the pigs head. The salmon was excellent and my husband eat every last bit of the pigs head, which was served similar to a croquette. I then had the duck for my main which was excellent and cooked to perfection with a lovely glossy sauce. My husband ordered the lamb bun, which looks like a toffee apple the way it is served. He also ordered some sides but it was far too much and he couldn't eat it as the lamb bun was extremely filling. For dessert I ordered the pannacotta which is the best pannacotta I have ever tasted, my husband had the chocolate and ale cake and loved it.
We then moved in to the bar and had coffee and a few gin and tonics. I was surprised when we received the bill as it was not actually as expensive as I thought it would be, I have been to restaurants where the food has been terrible and it has been much more expensive. The food and service were excellent and if I really hope to go back again one day.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura A
Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

Amazing food, amazing venue. We had a fantastic family lunch at The Hand and Flowers. The staff were very friendly and made sure we were well looked after. The food was varied and very tasty. Although we had a time slot, the staff did not rush us out at all. Very accommodating. Thank you :)

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Rob H
London
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Friendly welcome preceded good service and great food. All four of us loved everything we ate. Perhaps a mint or chocolate with coffee would have been nice, but we were full enough. I particularly liked my duck breast with a little duck meat sausage.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Kent, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Went with 6 other people last night, had an amazing meal. From the complimentary white bait and gorgeous soda breads to start with, to starter, to main (which was the duck, never had it before but this was by far the nicest duck dish I have had) to the dessert, which, compared to the rest of the tables, wasn't as top notch (crème brulee, very thick top to it!)

Beautiful setting, excellent service.

110% recommend

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Blackpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My wife and I visited with 5 friends I ordered the duck dish which tom won GB menu with, Ive had it before and it was amazing and the dish had completely changed on a plate rather than a board. The skin had been removed from the breast and replaced with a cracker like skin not as good as the duck breast I had before. I asked one of the members of staff about the pork sharing plate that tom also won GB menu with about when that would be on the menu because I would love to try it and she said that they don't do it any more because it wasn't in the fitting with the 2 michelin star and that's why the duck has also changed? I had the duck before when their was2 michelin stars before I really hope the hand and flowers staying true to its self and the food remains amazing pub food and doesn't start to go to fancey don't know if I would go back for this reason

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Aylesbury
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Absolutely blown away by the food, real top quality ingredients and the presentation was stunning.
Lovely relaxed atmosphere, definitely still feels like a high end pub, not a snobby Michelin starred restaurant.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marlow
Macdonald Compleat Angler
#1 of 2 in Taplow
Hurley House Hotel
Hurley House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Hurley

Been to The Hand and Flowers? Share your experiences!