“Absolute A+++ stay”
other travellers have booked this property
Balcony bedroom
Upstairs Balcony
Cath Kidson Children's dressing gowns
White Company Dressing gowns provided
Bath House products
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Williams1...
Malton
“Absolute A+++ stay”
Reviewed 8 August 2017 for a stay in July 2017

Beech Meadows was wonderful start to finish. Michelle was so kind and helpful in the lead up to our stay. She even left extra towels as we'd just had a camping/festival experience prior to us getting to Beech Meadows. The toiletries, bathrobes, appliances,furnishings, cleanliness (amongst tons of other things) were just great.
Mattress toppers on the beds gave us all wonderful nights sleep, and the Sky TV was a godsend to entertain the children on a couple of rainy days.
Kirkby Lonsdale was delightful. We sampled a few of the pubs, and the local brewery was a pleasure. Such a great location for both the Lakes and Dales, of which we visited both. We're doing the festival again next year and hope we can get to Beec Meadows again afterwards. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

24 Aug 2017
That was an amazing review, your so kind, thank you so much. I really hope that you book again soon for next year.
Reviewed 24 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

2 Aug 2017
Thank you for your lovely review.
Sparky_Sp...
London, United Kingdom
“Wonderful Family Retreat!”
Reviewed 23 July 2017 for a stay in July 2017

We have just spent an idyllic five nights in Beech Meadow and were very pleased with everything about our stay. Michelle was a wonderful host and replied to all my queries - however daft! - before our arrival, and made us feel very welcome. The property itself was exactly as promised and looked even better in person. There was a great attention to detail - from a beautiful range of soaps available in the bedrooms, to thoughtful extras like dishwasher tablets for the machine. All in all every member of our family, ranging from 69 - 5yrs had a fantastic time and we would not hesitate to stay here again. Thank you!

26 Jul 2017
Thank you so much for a wonderful review!
I really hope you come back again soon. I like to communicate with my guests as much as possible as feedback, whatever it may be good or bad, is always positive for me and helps to keep customers happy.

Joan P
cockermouth
“Wonderful trip”
Reviewed 12 May 2017 for a stay in May 2017

Four of us had a reunion at beech meadows. It was perfect. The house was faultless with many luxury touches
The area has wonderful eating places and the scenery superb. Good golf course and lovely villages and towns to visit not to mention the spa on site

14 May 2017
Thank you Joan for your wonderful review. I'm so glad that you all had a lovely stay at my cottage. KL is a wonderful village/town sitting on the cusp of some of the most ONB and places of interest, Yorkshire Dales, Lake District and Trough of Bowland.

I'd love to have you all to stay again soon.

Best Wishes
Reviewed 1 May 2017 for a stay in April 2017

4 May 2017
Hi Franchesca
Thank you for your review. I will make sure next time I am at Beech the information booklet is up to date. I've made some changes since the last owner and replaced quite a lot of the furniture and white goods and it seems that I haven't updated the information booklet to go with it. My apologies.

Reviewed 5 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016

6 Jan 2017
Thank you for leaving me such a lovely review. It makes all the hard work worth while when I can please my guests. However, I can not take all the credit and I mostly owe most of the good reviews to my housekeeper, Val.

I hope to welcome you and your friends back next year!

Alex N
“Great Accomodation in lovely countryside”
Reviewed 7 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

Had a great stay in this cottage, well presented accommodation and access to spa is a plus, and good for children too. Spa is not that fancy, but does the job for a family with kids. Whoop Hall restaurant manager was a bit of a disappointment, his attitude resulted in us looking elsewhere for food when we ate out, but there are plenty of nice alternatives in Kirkby Lonsdale and the local area. A good spot for a family getaway, we enjoyed walks in the local area, fun cave visit (White Scar) and wildlife (RSPB Leighton Moss). Also saw an impressive starling murmeration between Ingleton and Hawes which was great!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Standard of accomodation and location
Liked least: Whoop Hall Restaurant Manager
Travelling group: Extended Family
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
8 Nov 2016
Hi Alex

Thank you for your review, I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at Beech.

The Whoop Hall inn has nothing to do with the Meadows or my property and I deliberated on whether or not to forwarn my customers. However, I feel reluctant to pass my own influence on other people as it's unfair. I think it's a case of catching him on a good day, but as he's in the hospitality business he shouldn't have any off days at all. He's always been very friendly to me and his coffee is great! Believe it or not he used to be head hunted to work in KL as the most sought after and favourite bar manager in KL. Maybe he's had his day?

I agree the Country Club is looking a little tired and needs updating. This again is separate business from the Meadows. We buy a yearly membership from them for all our clients to enjoy as an extra. The weather can be unpredictable in the Lakes and when you have children you need to keep them active somehow.

Look forward to having you and your family visit us again soon.
Michelle
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing