“My New Local?”
Review of Royal Hotel

Royal Hotel
Cuisines: Bar, British
Good for: Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kirkby Lonsdale, United Kingdom
“My New Local?”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Having just moved into a Kirkby Lonsdale Townhouse, I was eager to sample our nearest hostelry….a 200m stroll away.

We arrived late at 9pm on a busy Saturday night…although the restaurant was full, Steve the Maitre D' found us a super table pdq!….nice simple menu, and almost colonial atmosphere!

Seafood linguine followed by a Jamaican Eton Mess was an odd combo but both very tasty and VFM

We really enjoyed the evening and would now like to buy a season ticket to go there at will!..please Steve?

• Visited July 2014

Lancaster, United Kingdom
“Wished we had stayed here!!!”
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Friendly service, the manager even showed us around upstairs in the hotel. Fantastic rooms if you are planning a stay in Kirby Lonsdale.

Visited July 2014
Colne
“Beautiful building ”
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

Slightly stuck up atmosphere and slow service. Coupled with the fact the food was brilliant made an average visit.

Kitchen staff the main reason to go even if you don't see them, top food

1 Thank David S
Lancashire
“Just Lovely..”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

My husband and I enjoyed one of the most relaxed, well served, timely and tasty meals we have had in a while.Attentive service whilst managing to create a laid back and calming atmosphere.
The Royal is another James' Place triumph and pizzas as usual are awesome.
Smashing menu with lots of choice, slightly overpriced desserts and side dishes. Having said that all the food we received was faultless.
Chicken Goujons, Pollo Pizza, Fries, Rocket and Parmesan Salad. Well presented, perfect portions.
Delicious desserts; Sticky Toffee and Chocolate Brownie.
Served by unobtrusive, smiley and seemingly interested staff who were all well turned out and very pleasant gentlemen. Just a lovely, lovely lunch.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fantastic customer service”
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Really welcoming and attentive staff without being "in your face". Room was very comfortable - staff were responsive when I pointed out broken towel rail and blown light bulb. They also found and forwarded some possessions I left behind free of charge, which really impressed me. The breakfasts were amongst the best I've ever had and I also ate there two evenings. I had fantastic pizza both times because their "beat the clock" (i.e. early bird) deal was too good to miss! Would definitely recommend and hope to be back soon.

Visited May 2014