We have just returned from a two night stay having used a living social offer. We are pleased to say we had a lovely time and plan to go and revisit later this year. The manager and his staff were excellent and nothing was too much trouble. We had a very relaxing couple of days in lovely surroundings. Our room was clean well equipped and quiet, the food in particular the evening meals were excellent compliments to the chef. Again the afternoon tea and the breakfasts were on par with the other quality hotels we are used to visiting. As for the leisure facilities they were good but we felt they would benefit from a seated relaxation area, again we found the staff helpfully and cheery. We look forward to our next stay.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Whoop Hall is a 3 star, family-run hotel situated on the outskirts of the attractive market town of Kirkby Lonsdale; this is the ideal base from which to explore some of England’s most beautiful countryside, the Lake District and the Yorkshire Dales. Whoop Hall is uniquely positioned in the rolling countryside of North West England, where Cumbria, Lancashire and Yorkshire meet with the coastline of Morecambe Bay close by. This historical hotel offers a wide range of leisure facilities including an 18 meter swimming pool and gym. The hotel welcomes families with children and there is a four-poster bedroom for those who value that added touch of luxury.All 24 rooms are en-suite, spacious and comfortable, to offer a relaxing ambience. All individually furnished and decorated in keeping with the character of the hotel. Rooms come complete with colour television, radio, direct dial telephone and tea and coffee making facilities. Also there are family rooms, and for disabled guests, specially adapted accommodation on the ground floor. There is ample of safe parking to the front and rear of the hotel. Guests can enjoy full complimentary use of the extensive facilities in the hotel’s country club, as well as enjoying the extensive landscaped gardens, a sun terrace and children’s adventure playground.Connor’s Restaurant – Whoop Hall is proud of its team of professional chefs, who create freshly made dishes on the premises using fresh local produce, which makes the restaurant and bistro firm favourites with locals and residents alike. Converted from a barn, the renowned restaurant sits on several levels, and features a minstrel gallery complete with oak beams. The informal atmosphere creates the perfect ambience to enjoy choosing from the varied menus, which are regularly changed to bring fresh delights to our diners. The Whoops comfortable bar host’s traditional hand-pulled ales, roaring log fires and welcoming staff. Live music is played in the bar several nights a week. To complete the dining experience, relax, unwind and linger awhile over coffee and aperitifs in the lounge. Turners Bistro – is open daily for breakfasts, lunches and evening bar snacks. Guests are able to choose from a wide and changing menu. All meals are created with the finest of local produce. In the summer months enjoy alfresco dining on the terrace, overlooking spectacular, panoramic views of the open countryside of three counties – Cumbria, Lancashire and Yorkshire.Guests can take advantage of complimentary leisure facilities at the hotels Country Club; facilities include 18m swimming pool, spa, sauna, steam room, sun shower and state of the art fitness studio. Also guests can indulge in the ultimate in pampering – the bliss beauty salon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and LateRooms so you can book your The Whoop Hall reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Whoop Hall Hotel Kirkby Lonsdale
- The Whoop Hall Kirkby Lonsdale, Cumbria